Chapter 24

Why did you leave?

Narrator's POV: 

  Jessica had spent many hours in her dorm room crying and crying. She had no mood to attend classes and didnt bother replying texts from any of her friends. All she could do was think of all the memories she shared with Donghae, which of course did not help her at all and only made her feel more miserable. Just as Jessica was about to fall asleep, tired from crying so much, Kevin, Eli and Yuri walked into the room. 

  "Hey Sica.. what's wrong?" Yuri asked worriedly. 

  "Have you been crying?" Kevin asked, sounding equally worried as they all sat on the bed around her. Jessica quickly wiped away her tears and sat up, facing her friends. 

  "He broke up with me." Jessica whispered looking down at her hands, which was resting on her lap. 

  "What?" Eli asked, not catching what she said. Jessica took in a deep breath and repeated the same sentence louder and her friends gasped, shocked at the news. 

  "What?! Why!" Eli shouted as Yuri immediately pulled Jessica into a tight hug. Jessica then told them everything Donghae told her in Starbucks, about how Eunhyuk was Donghae's girlfriend and how he lost his memory in America and that he remembered everything now. When Jessica finished, crying again, Eli was seething with anger. 

  "How dare he just break up with you just because he remembered his ex boyfriend?! I'm going to kill him!" With that Eli stormed out of the room before any of his friends could stop him. Feeling like Eli would need support, Kevin ran after him, leaving Yuri to take care of Jessica. 

  Meanwhile, Heechul, Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, Siwon, Ryeowook and Sungmin was in the basketball court playing basketball. That is, Heechul was just walking around not really participating while Ryeowook was just trying to avoid the ball. Siwon had just scored a goal and his teammates were cheering when Eli stormed up to them and shouted, "WHERE IS LEE DONGHAE AND LEE HYUKJAE?!" Kevin appeared behind Eli, panting a little from running after Eli. Siwon and his friends stopped playing and all turned to stare at Eli, shocked at the sudden shout. 

  "Well?? I just asked you all a question!" Eli asked, frustrated that no one was answering him and just staring at him. Kyuhyun, recovering from the sudden shouting and replied calmly, "Donghae's with Eunhyuk in the hospital." This made Eli keep quiet for awhile. He had forgotten then Eunhyuk had gotten into a car accident. 

  "Why is Donghae there with him?" Eli asked, shooting glares at everyone. This made everyone look confused. 

  "Why shouldn't he be there?" Heechul questioned, rather annoyed. 

  "Did you know Donghae broke up with Jessica to be with Eunhyuk?! And now Jessica is crying her eyes out and it's all Eunhyuk's fault!" Eli shouted, not able to control is anger anymore. 

  Heechul then flared up at his words, shouting back at him, "Do you even know how ridiculous you sound right now?! How is this Eunhyuk's fault?! Believe it or not, Donghae is happier hanging out with his, his real best friends, and he belongs to Eunhyuk, his REAL lover. It's not anyone's fault that Donghae chose Eunhyuk over Jessica!"

  "Yeah, Donghae had a hard time breaking up with Jessica... so it shows that Donghae still cared for her. Besides, if you really care for Donghae, wouldn't you want your friend to be happy?" Kyuhyun spoke up. Eli rolled his eyes and said coldly, "I'm going to the hospital." Eli then walked off towards the school's exit with Kevin following behind, leaving Heechul and the others behind in the basketball court. 

  "Do you think we should go too? To make sure.. you know.. Eli won't hurt Donghae hyung and Eunhyuk hyung?" Ryeowook asked the rest. Leeteuk nodded and said, "Yes, let's go.. if we have more people there, we have more power." The group then set out to the hospital, not bothering to change out of their sweaty attire. 

  At the hospital, Donghae and Eunhyuk was taking a walk in a small park, located within the hospital grounds. Eunhyuk was so bored being cooped up in the hospital room and had begged Donghae to bring him out. Donghae finally agreed because he couldn't resist Eunhyuk's puppy eyes. Now, Donghae's and Eunhyuk's fingers were intertwined and walking together quietly. Although none of them were speaking, they didnt mind. It was a comfortable silence and Eunhyuk was appreciating Donghae's presence. 

  After awhile, Eunhyuk spoke up, "Hae, let's ask the doctors when I can be discharged later okay? I'm dying to leave this place." Donghae chuckled and nodded his head, "But if the doctors says you can't, you are going to listen to them okay?" Donghae warned Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk pouted at his words which earned him a peck on his lips. 

  "Fine... I hate troubling you and the others.." Eunhyuk sighed. Donghae stopped walking and hugged Eunhyuk tightly. 

  "You're not troubling me or anyone else hyukkie.. It's all worth it." Donghae said softly which made Eunhyuk smile. Eunhyuk couldn't believe how Donghae was able to make Eunhyuk's heart skip a beat at every little thing he says or do. 

  Just then, Donghae was harshly being pulled away from Eunhyuk by a very angry Eli and punched Donghae in the face. Donghae fell onto the ground, shocked at the impact that hit his face. Eli then punched Eunhyuk in the face too, making him fall as well, as he was not strong enough yet from the accident. Kevin quickly held Eli back, knowing this was getting too far. By now, Donghae had gotten up and rushed over to help Eunhyuk up. 

  "What's wrong with you?" Donghae asked Eli angrily, not believe his own friend had hurt Eunhyuk, when he knows very well that Eunhyuk was still recovering. 

  "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?! How can you just break up with Jessica and then pretend nothing happened. You don't deserve to be this happy when Jessica is crying buckets of tears back in school. How can you? Just because you remembered your past?" Eli started out angry but calmed down in the end, feeling more hurt then angry now. He didn't want Donghae to stop hanging out with them just because he found his old friends. Before Donghae could reply him, Leeteuk and the rest arrived and immediately, felt anger when they saw bruises on Donghae's and Eunhyuk's face. 

  "Don't you think that's a little too much?" Heechul glared at Eli and was about to punch him when Siwon held him back. Donghae quietly asked his friends to take Eunhyuk back to the room while he talked to Eli and Kevin. 

  "Are you sure you'll be okay alone?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly. Donghae just nodded and hands Eunhyuk over to Siwon. But Eunhyuk held on to Donghae's hand.

  "I want to be here to make sure they don't hurt you.." Eunhyuk said softly. Donghae smiled at his lover's concern but shook his head again, "They are my friends, they won't hurt me."

  "But they just did." Eunhyuk argued, keeping his tone down.

  "He didn't mean it. He was just angry. listen to me and go back to your room eunhyuk. I will be with you soon okay?" Donghae said reassuringly. However, Eunhyuk stubbornly stayed by his side, not moving an inch. Truthfully, Eunhyuk was scared. He was scared that Donghae would go back to Jessica again. Eunhyuk wanted to be there to hear what they were going to say.. Eunhyuk was afraid of losing Donghae. 

  Donghae sighs, knowing exactly what Eunhyuk was thinking about. "Please Hyukjae.. I want to talk to them alone." Eunhyuk finally gave up. He knew that Donghae was serious since he called him by his real name. Eunhyuk let Siwon and the others lead him back to the hospital building.

Donghae's POV:

 When they were out of sight, I started talking. "I know I hurt Sica really bad... and I'm sorry about it. I guess by now you know about my past?" Both Eli and Kevin nodded. 

 "When I remembered my past, all my feelings came back for Hyukjae. It felt like, I never left. I didn't mean to hurt Jessica the way I did. If I did not lose my memory, I would never have dated her. But I did and I forgot entirely about my life in Korea. My parents never told me anything too." I desperately tried to explain to my friends because I did not want them to hate me. Yes, although I was happy to have all my childhood friends with me again, I still wanted all my their friendship. 

 Eli and Kevin kept quiet and I started feeling very nervous. Just as I was about to speak again, Kevin said, "Jessica understands your actions. She told us. Although we thought it was unfair to just dump her to one side like this, we know we can't force you to be with her." I didn't know what to say. Was it wrong to love Eunhyuk again? I promised him two years ago that I would never forget him and now that I remembered everything, was it wrong for me to feel how I felt two years ago? 

 "How about us? Are you going to pretend that you don't know us too?" Eli asked. I looked up, shocked at the question. 

 "Of course not! I won't pretend to not know you guys or any of our friends in America. Yes, I remembered my past and i'm happy about that but I won't just ignore you guys. You all are my friends too." I replied a little defensively. I was offended that they saw me this way. I saw that Eli relaxed a little at my answer. 

 "Sorry about punching you two.. I was just angry that you hurt Sica and was afraid that you would dump us to one side." Eli apologized and bro-hugged me. I chuckled and playfully punched his arm. 

 "It'll be weird if you didn't punch me. That wouldn't be the Eli I know." I teased, laughing. Kevin laughed too while Eli scoffed. 

 "Always hitting people first before talking. Yeap. That's definitely Eli." Kevin joined in which made me laugh while Eli just glared at Kevin. I was relieved that we were joking around again. The tension was definitely gone. 

Narrator's POV:

 After the three were done joking around, they all went to Eunhyuk's room where they were all waiting patiently. When they entered, Heechul immediately shot glares at Eli and Kevin. Donghae noticed this and said with a soft chuckle, "Calm down Heechul hyung" Eli stepped up to Eunhyuk and Siwon, who was right next to Eunhyuk, immediately stood up ready to defend his friend. Donghae shook his head at Siwon to tell him not to do anything. Eli ignored Siwon and bowed lightly to Eunhyuk. 

  "Mianhaeyo.. for punching you. I was angry and I always act out violently when I'm angry. It was wrong of me." Eli apologized and Eunhyuk smiled, "It's okay. I understand." Eunhyuk then looked over at Donghae and Donghae immediately walked over to him and held his hand. 

  "How are you feeling?" Donghae asked. Eunhyuk said he was fine and asked all of them to go back to school as it was getting late. 

  "Arasso, take care of yourself okay?" Leeteuk told Eunhyuk before leaving the room, the rest following.

  "About Jessica..." Kevin started. "We'll make sure she's fine." Donghae nodded, appreciating it and waits for Kevin and Eli to leave the room too. Just like that, Donghae and Eunhyuk were left alone in the room again. 
 


HEY! I'm back :D Updated quite quickly right? kekeke (: I have to admit this chapter wasn't very interesting though... vocabulary is my weakness so I can't describe things well.. )): I can't wait till the hospital scene is over like seriously. IT WILL BE SOON! ^^ 

Btw, I just noticed how weird it is that Donghae had to choose between a guy and a girl. hahaha xD Oh wells~ 

Can Donghae really juggle both groups of friends well? Will Jessica really just accept the break up or is she going to fight for him again? :O I think it's time Donghae stops hurting our precious hyukjae already right? 

 

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! I GET ENCOURAGED WHEN YOU DO THAT. (: I LOVE YOU ALL WHO HAVE BEEN READING THIS AND HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR MY UPDATES PATIENTLY. (: