Chapter 12

Why did you leave?

---At night in Donghae's and Kyuhyun's room---

Donghae's POV: 

  I walked over to my luggage to take some clothes to bathe. I heard Kyuhyun stand up from his bed and turned around. 

  "Where are you going?" I asked him and he rolled his eyes. 

  "Is it any of your business?" He replied coldly. I shrugged and turned back to my luggage pretending not to care about how he replied me. When I opened my luggage, Kyuhyun said, "Are you going to keep taking things out of your bags like that? Are you never going to unpack? It'll be much easier and neater you know?" I turned to him and rolled my eyes. Then, using the same tone of voice as Kyuhyun, I asked, "Is it any of your business?" Kyuhyun chuckled then replied, "Whatever. I'm going." Just like that, he left the room. I turned back to my luggage and sighed. What can I say? He was right. I would be stupid if i were going to just pull clothes out of my luggage the whole semester i'm here. 'I'll unpack my bags when i'm done bathing.' I planned in my head and went to the toilet to have a shower.

---30 minutes later---

  After I was done bathing, I went over to my bags and started unpacking. I unpacked all my books and everything first before I started unpacking my clothes. I separated the pile of clothes into two groups: School clothes and home clothes. Then, I folded the home clothes and hung up the school clothes. 1 hour 20 minutes later, I was done with unpacking my luggages. I smiled, happy that I was done and started putting away my bags, the smaller ones first before the biggest luggage. As I was about to zip up my luggage bag, I noticed a white envelope at the corner and pulled it out. 

  The envelope was quite small but was full with something. 'That's strange. I don't remember packing this.' I thought. Then with curiosity, I opened the envelope and saw that it was filled with pictures. I took out the whole pile of them and my I felt my heart stop beating when I saw the first picture. It was picture of me and Eunhyuk. I stared at it with my mouth opened. 'How-how? What is this?' I quickly flipped through all the pictures and they were all similar pictures to the first one. Most of them were of my and Eunhyuk either holding hands, or hugging or the two of us hanging out! Some of the pictures showed me and Eunhyuk with Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, Heechul, Ryeowook, Siwon and Sungmin. I even saw one or two pictures where Eunhyuk had kissed my cheek or vice versa. My heart was beating so fast and I could feel my head hurting. But I hardly bothered about it. 

  'What is this? How come I don't remember this at all? And how is it that i'm with Eunhyuk and the rest?" Tears started flowing down my cheeks as I was so scared. I dropped the pile of pictures and clutched my head and cried and cried. 'What is wrong with me? When were all these pictures taken? I don't understand..' 

Narrator's POV: 

  Donghae remained like this for very long before he stopped crying. When he stopped, he groaned and clutched his head again. He had a huge headache and suddenly felt very dizzy. He desperately took deep breaths to calm himself down. When Donghae was sure that he was okay, he grabbed the photos, careful to not look at them, and put it back into the envelope and threw it into his drawer. Then he went down to the computer room to send an email to his mother. He felt like he needed to talk to her, both about school and the pictures. 

To: Umma
From: Donghae

Text:

  Hello Umma! How are you? Everything is normal? Anyway, this school is great! The studies are not that difficult and I can listen to the teachers well. But it has only been 2 days so I can't confirm yet. >.< In case you're worrying, I'm fine! Kevin, Eli, Jessica and Yuri are here too! Did you know about this? Anyway, they are in the same school as me and I don't have to worry about being lonely here! Yeah.. if you're wondering, I haven't made any new friends here. The only people I talk to here are the teachers and Kevin, Eli, Yuri and Jessica. I don't even talk to my roommate that much. >.< But you don't have to worry. There are also no bullies and the room is comfortable. I'm in dance and Eli and Yuri too~ The lesson is challenging but I think I would be able to catch up soon. hehe! Wish me luck okay? That's all. I hope you are doing well at home and don't miss me too much okay? Kekeke :P Saranghaeyo~ (I love you) 

  Donghae wanted to ask about the pictures but he backed out. 'How would my mum know anyway?' Donghae thought before switching off the computer and walked towards the door. 

  Just when he reached the door, the door opened and he saw Eunhyuk opposite him. Eunhyuk expected Donghae to say something but he didn't. Donghae just stood there and looked at the floor. Eunhyuk lifted his eyebrows in surprise but seeing that Donhae wasn't going to say anything, he walked past Donghae and went to one of the computers. Just when Eunhyuk switched on the computer, Donghae said softly, "Can you meet me in my room after you're done here?" Eunhyuk jumped a little, shocked that Donghae was still in the room. He thought that Donghae had left already.

  "What?" Eunhyuk asked.

  "I said, can you meet me in my room later when you're done using the computer." Donghae repeated, louder this time. Eunhyuk didn't reply and continued using the computer. Donghae sighed and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

  'I'm sure he'll come. If he don't, well, i'll look for him.' Donghae thought. Donghae didn't even know why he asked Eunhyuk. He could have just asked Kyuhyun about the pictures since Kyuhyun was his roommate. But Donghae thought that the pictures of him and Eunhyuk were the most suspicious ones and thought that Eunhyuk would be the right person to ask. 

  In the computer room, Eunhyuk had logged into his email account and saw that he had a reply email from his mother and another email by Donghae's mother. Eunhyuk opened his mother's email first. He quickly sent a reply that he was doing well and opened Donghae's mother's email. 

To: Eunhyuk
From: leehana

Text:

  Hello Eunhyuk. I was wondering if you received my first email. He had just emailed me and what he said was quite worrying. You're both in the same school right? How is it that he said he did not make any new friends? Did you talk to him? He said that the only people he talked to are Kevin, Yuri and Jessica. He said he didn't even talk to his roommate that much! Please don't tell me you have not talked to him? I know that it must have hurt that he can't remember you but you can't just run away from the problem.. He told me he had just unpacked his luggage. I put an envelope full with pictures of you guys inside but i'm not sure if he saw it since he did not mention anything about it. Promise me that when he asks you about it, you'll tell him the truth? It'll help. That's all Eunhyuk. God bless you. 

  Eunhyuk stared at the email and started wondering what pictures Donghae's mother put in the envelope. 'Gosh. I hope there's none of me and him kissing.' Eunhyuk thought. He then started replying her email.

To: leehana
From: Eunhyuk

Text:

  Hello Hana Ssi. Yes I remember you. I'm so sorry for not replying you yesterday when I read your email. I guess I was crying too hard and had no mood. haha. and my friend, Siwon if you remember him, had forced me to go back to the room to rest. I don't know why Donghae said he never talked to anyone else except Kevin, Eli, Yuri and Jessica.. He talked to us on the first day he arrived! Us meaning all his friends from Korea last time. But he didn't remember any of us of course. We were all shocked and upset about it. actually, it was quite depressing. Did Donghae mention who his roommate is? If he didn't well.. his roommate is Kyuhyun (do you remember him?) Hana Ssi, i'm sorry but it's very difficult to talk to him knowing that he doesn't know about the two of us but I promise that i'll try.. i have to go.. i'll email you some time this week okay? Have a great week and God bless you too.

Eunhyuk's POV:

  After I replied, I immediately switched off the computer but didn't leave straightaway. I knew that I should go look for Donghae like what Donghae asked me to do and like what Donghae's mother wants me to do but it was easier said than done. I scratched my head in frustration thinking of what I should do now. 'What if he wants to talk about those pictures? What do I say?' I thought. Then I remembered that Donghae didn't mention about the pictures in the email he sent to his mother so he probably didn't notice it in his luggage. 'I should just go right? Besides, knowing Donghae, he will probably come and find me if I don't.' With a sigh, I stood up and switched off the light as I left the room. 

  As I stood outside Donghae's door, I prayed that Kyuhyun was inside too so I won't be alone but when I opened the door, Kyuhyun wasn't inside but Donghae and his 2 male friends were. I stepped into the room and Eli glared at me and gave him back the if-you-do-that-again-i'll-kill-you face. Eli ignored it and said, "You really have no manners you know that?" 

  I turned to look at Donghae and lifted one of my eyebrows hoping he'll get my message, which is, 'what in the world are they doing here when you asked to see me?' Donghae looked at me then at Eli. I rolled my eyes and turned, ready to go out of the room when Donghae said, "Eunhyuk wait! I need to talk to you. Eli, Kevin, i'll talk to you tomorrow okay?" 

  "Are you sure?" Eli asked giving me Donghae a doubtful look then he looked at me with a look that said, 'you better not do anything to him.' 

  "OMG. I'm not going to do anything to your boyfriend! Over protective much? What do you think i'm going to do to him anyway? Beat him up?! Sheesh." I knew that I should have just kept quiet but I was really very fed up with Eli and his mouth. Can't he learn from that Kevin to just shut his mouth? 

  "Excuse me?" Eli asked, narrowing his eyes at me. I glared and opened the door for him to leave. 

  "Whatever. Call us if you need help." Eli told Donghae.

  "Don't worry, you won't be receiving any. If he's in trouble, i'll do the honors of calling you." I told him coldly. 

  Then, finally, they were gone and it was just me and Donghae in the room. I went to sit on Kyuhyun's bed and faced Donghae. 

  "Erm, you're probably wondering why I asked you to meet me..." Donghae said, his voice drifting off in the end. I kept quiet and waited for him to continue. When he didn't, I said, as calmly as possible, "Look, if you haven't noticed, your friends have made me very impatient, so if you don't talk right now, i'm leaving." 

  "Okay! Don't leave. I just wanted to show you something..." Donghae said quickly and opened his drawer. I saw that he took out a white envelope and my heart sank. "Damn it" I said under my breath.

  "I saw this in my luggage and I don't really understand. I'm hoping you can explain it to me." Quickly, I thought of something to say, "It's in your luggage, how would I know what it is?" 

  "Just look at it." Donghae said, throwing the envelope to me. I caught it and looked at him with questioning eyes before taking out the contents inside. I almost choked on my saliva when I saw the pictures. There were so many of them! My heart skipped a beat when I saw the picture where I kissed Donghae's cheek and again when I saw the picture where Donghae kissed mine. Tears started welling up in my eyes as I looked through the photos. I missed these moments so much. 

  "Eunhyuk, are you okay?" Donghae suddenly asked and I forced the tears to go away immediately. 

  "Yeah.." I replied. "How did you get this?" I asked even though I already knew the answer. 

  "It was in my luggage. I don't know who put it there." Donghae answered. Then he continued, "Can you explain those pictures to me? How come I can't remember anything?" 

  I kept quiet not because I was ignoring him like I usually do but because I genuinely didn't know what to say. "I.. I don't know what to say." I finally said. 

  "How can you not know? You're inside!" 

  "You're inside too! How can you not remember?!" I shouted at him, tears coming back into my eyes. 'Stop it Eunhyuk. It's not Donghae's fault that he can't remember.' I scolded myself then took deep breaths to calm myself down. 

 "I.. I don't remember. And I don't know why." Donghae told me softly and I immediately replied, "I know. I'm sorry for shouting at you." Donghae looked up at me in surprise and I gave him a small smile. "It's okay.. and how do you know why I can't remember? I don't even know you. I mean, that's what I thought."

  I sighed then asked him, "You really want to know why you can't remember?" He nodded his head. 

  "You think that you have been living in America all your life right?" I asked again and he nodded again.

  "Well, that's not true. You have been living in Korea ever since you were born and only moved to America 2 years ago. We, me, Kyuhyun and the rest were your friends in Korea. Then when you moved to America, you got into a major car accident and lost part of your memory and that is your memory of Korea and your friends here. That's why, when you came back and said that you didn't know us, we were very shocked." 

  I saw Donghae thinking and then he muttered, "Oh... I'm sorry.." I forced a small laugh out of me. "Yeah, but you don't have to be.. it's not your fault." 

  There was silence after that then Donghae suddenly spoke up. "I know there's something else.. special.. about you.. and me.. from the pictures, I can tell." I felt a lump forming in my throat and the tears were threatening to fall any second. "Eunhyuk, can you please help me remember? I want to remember you guys and what we did last time before I moved to America.. please help me." 

  I closed my eyes preventing the tears from falling out. Then I said, my eyes still closed, "I want to help you Hae.. but I don't know how.. I'm sorry but I have to go." I quickly rushed to the door but Donghae grabbed my hands and stopped me. 

  "Please Eunhyuk. Don't you want me to remember you? Can't you just try?" Donghae asked with a pleading tone.

  "I don't know.. I don't know how to make you remember but .. i'll try." I told him and shrugged his hands off me and rushed out of the room before Donghae could say anything else. 

  Once I was safely out of earshot, I let my tears come out. I leaned against the wall and cried. I felt like I was crying as if there's no tomorrow. 

  'Hae, don't misunderstand me. I really want you to remember me. Gosh, I want you to remember me so damn much! but what if you choose her over me? What am I supposed to do then?' 

  That thought was just too painful for me to bear...


Hey~ another chapter update! It's a looooooooong one! >.< Hope you liked it and please leave your comments! ^^