Finally meeting

Why did you leave?

Donghae's POV: 

  I was just unpacking my bag in my room when someone texted me. It said it was from Eunhyuk and the text said that the person missed me, which didn't make sense. I don't even know who this Eunhyuk person is. I kept checking my phone to see if he replied already but nope. It seems like it was just a prank. When I was done unpacking my bag, someone came into my room. My roommate. I bowed and said, "Hello, nice to meet you. I'm Lee Donghae." My roommate stared at me in shock and then said softly, "I know. It's great to see you! When did you come back?"

  The question took me back my surprise. I was confused and said slowly, "What do you mean? It's my first time in Korea. I mean I was born here then my parents moved to America. I never had any chance to make any friends here. And you have not introduced yourself yet." My roommate's mouth dropped open in shock and without replying, he dumped his bag on his bed and rushed out of the room. i stared at the now closed door. 'What's wrong with him? It would be nice to introduce himself.' I thought, a bit frustrated at the rudeness. But i couldn't help feeling bothered by what he said. Although I was very curious by what he meant, I decided not to think about it any longer as I still wanted to walk around the school to familiarize myself with the school and i absolutely could not do that if things are bothering me. So i pushed all these confused thoughts to the back of my head, took the school map and left the room. 

Kyuhyun's POV:

  'He.. don't know me?!' I thought as I rushed to the canteen to meet Eunhyuk and Siwon. I wondered how to break the news to them and if they knew already. But when i met them, they chatted happily and cheerfully and I was sure they didn't know it yet. 'Later... i will tell them.' I decided. 

Eunhyuk's POV: 

  'Is there something bothering Kyuhyun? He seems distracted.' I thought. "Hey Kyu! Are you okay? Something seems to be bothering you." I watched him carefully as he hesitated. "Come on. We're your friends. You can tell us anything." I said encouragingly. "Yeah, what's up Kyu?" Leeteuk added. Kyuhyun sighed then looked at me in the eye then dropped them again. "My roommate... is... Donghae." Every single muscle tensed up when I heard that. "What?! Donghae? Are you sure? Is it the same Donghae?" Leeteuk asked. Kyuhyun nodded. "He was in the room already when i reached and I obviously can recognize one of my best friends right?" I felt a lump in my throat which was a sign that I was going to cry soon. But I swallowed hard and whispered, "What.. what did he say when he saw you?" 

  "That's the strange part.. He don't know me. He asked me to introduce myself. I was so shocked, so I didn't introduce myself and just ran out of the room." There was a shocked silence after everyone heard that. Hearing that, I could not control my tears anymore. I just let my tears fall. Siwon explained to them about the text and all of them were just as shocked as I was. "But.. how can it be?" Ryeowook asked softly. I wiped away my tears but they just kept coming. Siwon was patting my shoulder comfortingly. I forced myself to stop crying. None of us could say anything about the situation, all of us didn't know what was going on.

  Suddenly, Heechul said, "Omg, is that him?" I spun around to see where Heechul was pointing and sure enough Donghae was at the canteen entrance looking around. I stood up and was about to run towards him when Siwon pulled me back down. "What are you doing?!" He hissed. "Let me go!" I whispered back furiously. "He don't know you remember? There's no use going there crying when he does not remember who you are!" 

  "How can he not remember me?!" I whispered loudly, crying again. Heechul pushed Siwon away lightly then hugged me and whispered into my ear, "Not now Eunhyukkie, it's fine. Everything will be fine. You can talk to him but not now okay? Now calm down and stop crying." He then let go of me gently and I amazingly, calmed down. I looked at Donghae and got a shock when I saw that he was looking at us. But he was not looking at me. He was looking at Kyuhyun. I looked down at my lap and took a deep breath to calm down. But no matter what I did, i could not. 'How can he not remember me? We dated and when he left, we promised, he promised, that we would never forget each other, that he would never forget me. Now what is happening?' I thought, very hurt. 

  "He's coming over. Now smile yeah?" Siwon whispered into my ear. I froze. 'He's coming over?!' Quickly, i wiped my tears away and tried to look as relaxed and happy as I could. 'Just talk to him normally. If you can't, just let the rest talk to him.' I told myself and waited for him to reach our table, where everyone could not even find the energy to laugh and chat happily anymore.