Chapter 11

Why did you leave?

Eunhyuk's POV:

  The next morning as I walked into the classroom, I saw that Donghae and his four friends were already in class. I went to the back of the class to join my friends. 

  "Hey." I greeted them as I sat down. I noticed that our group was unusually quiet today but I was too tired to bother. I had a hard time sleeping last night and my dream was about Donghae. I looked at Donghae and realized that I do not know how to act around him anymore. Then, Eli turned to look at me and I turned away and started talking to my friends. 

  "Do you guys know about the email?" 

  "Yeah. Siwon told us." Leeteuk said.

  "When I found out, I couldn't even speak to Donghae properly anymore! Gosh. Why am I in the same room as him?" Kyuhyun added. 

  "So... do you have any plans on how to help him remember?" Heechul asked. When no one replied, he continued. "I don't like the feeling of being forgotten by him. I mean, we're his best friends!" 

  "Not anymore.." Ryeowook sighed. 

  "Whatever." Heechul scoffed then shot a glare at Donghae's direction. As I listened to the conversation, I sighed. 

  "What's wrong Eunhyuk?" Siwon asked.

  I looked up at them then told them, "But Donghae has a girlfriend now. If we make him remember, won't their relationship be ruined? Maybe Donghae's happier this way?" 

Heechul's mouth dropped open then shouted, "ARE YOU CRAZY EUNHYUK?!" Everyone in the class turned to look at them including Donghae and his friends. I immediately said sorry to everyone with a polite smile and glared at Heechul. "Shut up!" I hissed at him. 

  "Eunhyuk! You can't just leave him like that. Who cares if he has a girlfriend? When he remembers, it's up to him to choose between you and her. Besides, it's unfair for him to continue living his life without knowing a huge part of his life which is in Korea! He deserves to know Eunhyuk. Besides, that's what his mum wants right?" Heechul told me and tears started welling up in my eyes. 'I don't want him to remember anymore.. because, what if he chooses her instead of me? How will I survive then?' 

  I turned to look at Donghae again and at the same time, Donghae turned to look at me. Without thinking, I glared at him and turned back to the front of the class. '! Why did I do that?' I scolded myself. Then I told myself, 'We'd better start treating him nicer.' 

  Then, classes started and I forced myself to push all thoughts of Donghae out of my mind and concentrated on the lessons. Like I said, I'm going to ace all my tests and exams and make my mum feel proud of me. 

Narrator's POV:

  During lunch time, Eunhyuk and his friends reached the canteen first and sat down on the same table as yesterday. As usual, many females came to talk, mostly flirt with them and after a few minutes, they finally managed to get their food and settle down. Then, Donghae and his friends came and Donghae asked, "Can we sit here?" 

  Everyone at the table remained silent. Nobody knew how to talk to him. Kevin cleared his throat and Eli snapped, "He asked you a question." 

  "There are many empty tables today! Why do you have to keep sitting with us? Do you really want to hang out with us that much?" Heechul snapped back at them after hearing Eli's rude tone. 

  "Listen to yourself! Who wants to hang out with you. If you don't want us to sit with you, you can politely reject right?" Eli shouted. Heechul stood up and shouted to Donghae, "If you and your friends don't want to hang out with us then STOP bothering us!! Gosh!" 

  Eli took a step closer to Heechul and shouted, "IDIOTS! And I thought you guys were nice! You guys are just plain selfish and rude!" Heechul laughed sarcastically and shouted back, "Look who's talking? I mean you, and new guy have been snapping at us ever since you stepped into this school! Who are you to tell me that i'm rude?!" 

  Eli was about to hit Heechul when Donghae caught his arm. "Stop!" Donghae told Eli desperately. By this time, everyone in the canteen was looking at them.  Heechul smirked, "You dare to hit me? You'll regret it." Eli shook Donghae's hands away and said to Heechul, "Oh I dare." Heechul then raised his hands to punch him but Eunhyuk quickly stood up and caught his hand. Then, Eunhyuk forced him to sit and then said to Donghae, "Just. Go. Away." Donghae looked at Eunhyuk for a while then nodded his head and pulled Eli away with Kevin, Jessica and Yuri following behind them. Eunhyuk sat down again and turned to see if Heechul was okay. 

  Eunhyuk saw that Heechul was still fuming and chuckled, "Calm down." Then to the rest, "Looks like we can't be nice to them. Let's just keep it this way and see what happens.." Siwon studied Eunhyuk carefully then asked, "You're okay with this? Donghae not knowing who you are and stuff? Wouldn't you want him to remember you faster?" Eunhyuk shook his head and told them, "I've thought about it. I don't want to force Donghae to remember. I'll give it some time." The rest nodded and continued eating their lunch. Heechul was still cursing Eli under his breath and Eunhyuk chuckled again. "Heechul! Stop cursing and eat your lunch!" The others started laughing and Heechul glared at all of them. Immediately, everyone looked down and ate their lunch in silence. 

  While Eunhyuk ate his lunch, he thought, 'Please Hae... remember me soon okay? I want to see who you will choose. Me? Or her?'


Hello! Sorry for the slow chapter update? I'm about to finish one ff so i'll be focusing more on that. :P Mmm, what did you think about this chapter? At least now Eunhyuk can smile and joke right? ^^ Please comment! Thank you~