Chapter 22

Why did you leave?

Narrator's POV:

  The next morning when Donghae woke up, all his worries flooded back into his mind and he groaned. Donghae doesn't feel like getting up today but in the end, he got up knowing that he have no choice. He noticed that Kyuhyun wasn't in the room anymore but didn't think much about it and went to wash up, putting on his school uniform half-heartedly after that. Just as he was wearing his shoes, Kyuhyun came back in. 

  "Breaking up with her today?" Kyuhyun asked, raising his eyebrows at Donghae. Donghae groaned.

  "Is that all you can ask about Kyu? Seriously?" Donghae replied, a little annoyed. 

  "Hey, sorry. Just letting you know you're hurting both parties here. It's either Hyuk or Jessica, Hae." Kyuhyun warned and grabbed his school bag before leaving the room. Donghae glared at his shoes while he put them on then banged the floor, venting all his frustrations. He sat there for the next few minutes, staring into space, not wanting to move at all. But when the first bell rang, he knew he had to start moving to the cafeteria soon if not he would receive a warning.  When he left his room in a hurry, he came face to face with Kevin. 

  "Hey, what are you doing here?" Donghae asked. Kevin raised his eyebrows at him then replied, "You haven't been hanging out with us man. Lunch together today?" Donghae thought for awhile then nodded his head. Afterall, he wouldn't have to hear his friends pressurizing him to break up with Jessica right? So, Kevin and Donghae walked to the cafeteria together chatting about a little of everything then splits up to their separate group of friends. Donghae joined his friends and just listens to them talk and laugh, his minds drifting from Eunhyuk to Jessica and back to Eunhyuk again. Donghae sighed loudly in frustration before standing up and saying, "I'm going to the hospital." The rest looked up and him some confused and some shocked. They knew Donghae never skipped lessons. 

  "What's wrong Donghae ah?" Leeteuk asked, sounding worried. Donghae shook his head and just walked away quickly making his way out of the cafeteria and towards the hospital. 

   Over at the hospital, Eunhyuk had just woken up, his heart feeling light and happy after remembering that Donghae was finally his again. He just lied on the hospital bed, daydreaming about all the times they had last time and how he couldn't wait to go out for dates with him again. When he finally stopped, he reached for his phone to text Donghae when the door to his room opened. Eunhyuk looked at the door in confusion, wondering who would be visiting him this early. His face, soon however, turned into a bright smile when he saw who it was. 

  "Hae!" Eunhyuk exclaimed, unable to hide how happy he was. Donghae grinned immediately at the sight of his lover. Donghae immediately went over and hugged him tightly. 

  "I missed you hyukkie.." Donghae said and pouted a little. Eunhyuk smiled and kissed Donghae's cheeks before replying, "We saw each other less than 24 hours ago you know?" Donghae laughed and shrugged. 

  "How was your sleep?" Donghae asked. Eunhyuk shrugged, "It was okay... the bed here is so uncomfortable. I can't wait to get back to school. What did I miss so far?" The couple then started talking about school and what they would do when Eunhyuk got discharged.

Eunhyuk's POV:

  I was so happy while talking to Donghae then I suddenly realized that he shouldn't be here.

  "Hae, what are you doing here? Were lessons cancelled?" Donghae's smile dropped a little and shook his head. 

  "I didn't feel like attending the classes. I just wanted to see you.."

  I frowned at this and immediately knew something was bothering him. Placing my hands over his, I asked gently, "Is something bothering you baby?" Donghae looked away and shook his head. 

  "Nothing hyukkie. Is it wrong if I just felt like I needed to see you?" 

  I stared at him then shook my head, "No it's not wrong.. You can always tell me your problems okay?" Donghae stayed silent and still for a few moments then nodded slightly. 

  "Hyukkie, I need to go to the washroom first. Wait for me okay?" Donghae said quietly, already standing up. I knew he was going to cry but I also knew he needed his time alone so I agreed. After he was gone, I lied down on my bed again, thinking of all the possible reasons that might cause him to be upset but couldn't think of any. 

  Just then, Donghae's phone vibrated and Eunhyuk looked at it, catching a glimpse of the message that was previewed.

  "Morning sweetie, where are we going for our-"

  I stared at the message. It was from Jessica. I felt my heat started racing, tearing up quickly. 'He's still together with Jessica. But he's with me now.. hae.. what is going on?' The more I think about it, the more upset I felt and closed my eyes tightly, forcing the tears back. 'Stop it. He'll be back soon. Get a grip Hyukjae.' I took a deep breath and let it out as calmly as possible, opening his eyes after that. Suddenly, Eunhyuk didn't feel so happy anymore and dreaded seeing Donghae again, knowing that he probably would cry at the sight of him. 

Narrator's POV:

  After a few more minutes, Donghae finally came back from the washroom. But when he did, he did not see and happy and smiling Eunhyuk.

  "Hey, what's wrong? You look like you're going to cry." Donghae said and sat down on the chair next to the bed again. Eunhyuk just slowly passed Donghae's phone to him and simply said, "You're still with Jessica?" Donghae froze at his question.

  "W-what?" Donghae stammered. Eunhyuk looked into Donghae's eyes, hurt in his eyes. 

  "You don't really love me don't you?" Eunhyuk asked, his voice shaking, his heart praying that Donghae would say something to make him feel better.

  Donghae shook his head, "It's not like that. I just... couldn't break up with her yet. It was our anniversary yesterday and I just couldn't bring myself to hurt her." 

  Tears escaped Eunhyuk's eyes, his hands shaking slightly. "If you couldn't bring yourself to hurt her, you shouldn't have said you wanted to be with me. You shouldn't have said you loved me. I trusted you and you hurt me. Intentionally." By this time, Eunhyuk was crying uncontrollably, choking on his tears. He couldn't take the hurt any longer. Donghae tried to speak, tried to explain but he just couldn't. He didn't know what to say and seeing Eunhyuk cry, his heart was breaking too. 

  "Hyukkie.... l-let me explain.." Donghae said softly, gripping Eunhyuk's hand tightly. Eunhyuk snatched his hand away and snapped, "Just go. I don't feel like talking right now." 

  Donghae just stared at Eunhyuk, not wanting to leave him. 

  "I don't want to go... Hyuk, let me explain.. please.. I love you.."

  "No you don't. You're just a liar. A jerk. Get out!" Eunhyuk shouted and pushed Donghae away, almost causing Donghae to fall. Donghae knew Eunhyuk was serious and quickly went out of the room, breaking into tears right outside. Donghae knew he hurt Eunhyuk really bad and wanted to fix everything. He knew he had to break up with Jessica today and he was determined to do so. Wiping his tears, he took out his phone and texted Jessica to meet him now and started making his way there.

  I'm sorry Eunhyuk.. I did something wrong and im going to make it right. Wait for me.. just a little longer.. please.. 


Hey!!! :D I'm sorry for the many months of not updating! Well, here's an update like finally. HAHAHA. I hope this chapter is good... .__. Lately I have been seeing so many EunHae moments I just forced myself to update this. HAHA. :D Hope you guys have been doing well and COMMENTTTTTTT! 

Looks like Donghae really messed up this time right? Will he be able to break up with Jessica??? Or is he really that soft-hearted. ;) Keep reading to find out ;)