Missing his old friends

Why did you leave?

Donghae's POV:

  I'm so bored. That was the sentence that have been stuck in my head ever since I stepped into my room after dinner. I continued staring at the ceiling wondering when Kyuhyun was going to come back. Thinking of Kyuhyun, I remembered that he said he was going to Eunhyuk's and Siwon's room. 'Are all of them there?' I thought, suddenly feeling quite left out. I kept thinking what they were doing now and if they even thought of asking me along when Kyuhyun came into the room. I looked at him as he went to his bed, take out a set of clothes and walked to the toilet. 'Is he ignoring me or something?' I thought, uneasily.

  "Kyuhyun ah!" I blurted out before I even thought through what I wanted to say. He turned around then looked at me. "What?" He answered. "Uh, you went to Eunhyuk's and Siwon's room right?" Kyuhyun nodded then walked into the toilet and locked the toilet door before I could say anything else. 

  What just happened? 

  I continued staring at the toilet door and sighed. Then, while waiting for Kyuhyun to come out, I took out my phone and SMS-ed my friends back at America. I know that it would cost quite a lot but I don't care about the cost right now. I just wanted some moral support from my friends.

To: Kevin
From: Donghae

Text:

Hey.. Are you free now? I think i'm going to die here. ): 

 

To: Donghae
From: Kevin

Text:

 Yo! What's up? What happened? :O 

 

To: Kevin
From: Donghae

Text:

I don't know. I met some people here and sometimes their nice to me but sometimes they are so cold towards me. I don't know what to think! Like do they like me and want me as their friend or not?!

 

To: Donghae
From: Kevin

Text:

Wow, is it that serious? That's how it is when you transfer school. People have their own groups of friends already. Everything will be fine. They will soon find out how awesome you are and will accept you in their own group soon! And, if they don't well, it's their loss! Seriously, if they don't see your awesomeness, then they must be blind or just plain snobs who thinks their too good for you. Give time yeah? Patience will get you a long way! (; 

I chuckled at his message and immediately felt better. I knew I can always count on Kevin to cheer me up wherever we are. I also agree with him about giving time but i don't think Eunhyuk and his friends are snobs.

To: Kevin
From: Donghae

Text:

Thanks. ^^ I'm feeling better already. And I don't think they're snobs. 

 

To: Donghae
From: Kevin

Text: 

Okay, and you're welcome! Anything for our fishy hae! Okay, update me on how things are going okay? I have to go now. Bye! 

  I smiled when I saw my nickname, 'Fishy Hae' and wondered where Kevin was going. Probably going out to have fun with our other friends. I suddenly missed them so much and wanted to go back to America. But i knew that was impossible and knowing that, I told myself to just get used to life here and try to be happy. 

Narrator's POV:

  20 minutes later, Kyuhyun came out of the toilet and Donghae remembered what he wanted to ask him. Donghae waited for Kyuhyun to sit on his bed first before asking, "Kyuhyun ah. Tell me truthfully okay?" Kyuhyun didn't say anything but looked at Donghae to show him that he was listening. "Promise me.." Donghae said. Kyuhyun sighed, then nodded. "Does Eunhyuk like me?" Donghae asked. Kyuhyun, after a moment of silence asked, "As a friend?" Donghae seemed taken aback by the question and said, "Yeah, of course! Why would he like me that way?" Kyuhyun shrugged then said, "yeah, he likes you." Donghae remained quiet then said, "I don't believe you. If he likes me, why would he treat me this way."

  "Eunhyuk is going through a difficult time now so just give him time fishy hae." Kyuhyun replied, adding Donghae's nickname without thinking. 

Donghae dropped his phone on the bed in shock. "H-how did you know my nickname?" Kyuhyun looked up at Donghae in panic and then replied, stuttering, "Uh, Uh, I don't know. Cos you look like a fish? Erm, uh, i'm going to bed now. Switch off the light kay?" Kyuhyun then quickly covered himself with his blanket cursing himself in his mind. 

  Donghae continued staring at Kyuhyun in shock. He wanted to ask so many questions as he was so confused but decided to wait till the next day. He got up and went to switch of the lights. Then using the light from his phone screen, he went back to his bed and slept. 

  Both boys forgot that they have yet to unpack their luggages.