Chapter 23

Why did you leave?

Narrator's POV:

  When Donghae reached Starbucks, where he was going to meet Jessica, he saw that she was already there and guessed that she had rushed over the moment she received his message. This caused guilt to wash over him and he started to hesitate and doubt himself a little. Then he thought about Eunhyuk and knew he had to do this now. Donghae walked over to Jessica, trying very hard to keep a straight face.


  "Hey sica..." Donghae started, looking down. Jessica sensed something was wrong and took his hand in hers before speaking softly, "Hae.. what's wrong?" Donghae looked up into Jessica's eyes, opening his mouth to speak but nothing came out.

  "Why don't we talk over some coffee? I can go buy for both of us." Jessica started to pull Donghae down onto an empty seat but Donghae stopped her.

  "No." Donghae blurted out, a little bluntly than planned. "I mean... it wont take too long." Donghae finished, speaking gently. Jessica waited quietly for Donghae to say what he wanted to, looking up at him worriedly as she have never seen him like this before. Donghae took a deep breath and looked at Jessica firmly into her eyes.

"Let's break up."

Jessica's POV:

  What? Did I hear correctly? I could feel my tears threatening to fall and quickly tries to hold them back, causing my breathing to be shaky.

  "W-why?" I managed to ask, not even sure I wanted to know the answer. Tears were flowing freely down my cheeks now and I just let them. I was sure no matter what I did, I would not manage to stop them from falling. I felt Donghae help me sit down carefully before sitting down opposite me while saying, "It's going to be long afterall... the reason is... I remembered my past."

Narrator's POV:

  Donghae then started telling Jessica about his past, from the moment he met Eunhyuk to the moment he lost his memory to meeting her and remembering his past again. The whole time, while telling his story, he looked down at his hands, not able to bring himself to look into Jessica's eyes as she looked so hurt. Donghae did not want to break down in front of her. He knew he hurt her bad but he didnt want to hurt Eunhyuk even more. Eunhyuk was more important to him. When Donghae finished his story, he slowly looked up at Jessica. Many thoughts whirled in her mind.

  'I understand how he feel about losing someone he loves and finding him again. But how can he just throw me aside just the moment he remembers? So I wasnt important to him at all? I was just a substitute for his empty heart. We both thought our love was real but it wasn't. How can  you do this to me Donghae? I trusted you so much...'

  Donghae sighed and said softly, "I know I hurt you Jessica. I am really sorry... I never knew that I lost my memory when I met you. I really thought I loved you... You deserve someone better than me.. I wouldn't blame you if you hate me now." Jessica did not say anything and just buried her face into her hands. Donghae wanted to leave but he knew he would be a real jerk if he left her here crying, so he stayed there with her until she looked up and said, her voice shaking, "I knew that our love changed ever since we came to Korea... I just told myself to ignore it. But I guess everything is over now and there's no point in holding on. I hope you'll be happy with Eunhyuk."

  Donghae looked surprised at her response and just nodded in reply before remembering that Eunhyuk was angry with him at the moment. Jessica stretched her hands out and Donghae shook her hand with a sad smile.

  "You're an amazing girl Sica... You deserve someone better." Donghae said genuinely and Jessica forced a small smile, "Yeah, someone better than you." The both of them let go of each other's hands and Donghae chuckled at what Jessica said, knowing that although Jessica was hurt and heartbroken, she did not mean it and was forcing herself to say something funny.

  "So, friends?" Donghae suggested and Jessica thought for awhile before standing up and saying, "I'll think about that." With that, Jessica walked to Donghae and leaned down, giving him a small peck on his cheeks before leaving Starbucks. Donghae felt bad about hurting Jessica but felt a huge weight being lifted off his shoulders. Now, he just needed to find a way to get Eunhyuk to forgive him.

  'He have to forgive me... Please forgive me Hyukkie..'

  Donghae stayed in Starbucks for the next few hours thinking of a way to get Eunhyuk to forgive him and finally managed to think of one perfect plan. Donghae beamed and immediately left to put his plan into action.

Eunhyuk's POV:

  It has already been 5 hours but I just couldn't stop crying. The more I cried, the more angry and frustrated I got. I was angry that Donghae had the power to make me cry non-stop. Afterall, he was just a liar, a jerk. As far as I was concerned, Lee Donghae is not worth my tears. I was also frustrated with myself for being so stupid. So stupid to even love him again after so long. Especially when Donghae didn't even remember him. Just thinking about the reasons for how I was feeling now, made me even more upset and cried into my knees again. I kept telling myself that I hate him but my heart was telling me otherwise. I felt like killing myself and end all this pain. Just then, my phone vibrated, indicating that someone sent me a message. I ignored it for a few minutes before picking my phone up and saw that it was from Donghae. I thought if I should open it but curiosity got the better of me and opened it, my heart beating faster at what he said.


From: Donghae

To: Eunhyuk

Text: Hey Hyukkie.. You probably hate me right now and I really don't blame you. I shouldn't have been scared to hurt her because when I saw you hurt, I regretted not breaking up with her sooner.. I should have seen that I was hurting the both of you. I'm going to fix all this mess, Eunhyuk. If you give me one more chance.. I broke up with Jessica already. You are the only person that belongs in my heart. Give me one more chance Hyukkie.. I love you a lot...


  I kept reading his message over and over again and literally jumped when the door opened and a nurse walked in carrying a bouquet of flowers, a box of chocolate with a card. I didn't even have to see the card to know who it was from. I took the bouquet, chocolate and card from the nurse and thanked her then waited for her to exit the room before opening the card. The card read, "Here's a bouquet and a box of chocolate for you. I know they are not enough to win your heart but I do know you love it when I send flowers to you and know that you love chocolate even more. I'm sorry for hurting you. I love you." I couldn't help smiling at the note and opened the box of chocolate and pops one into my mouth. Donghae was right. I love chocolate and loved the flowers too. I carefully placed all three items on the table beside me when the door opened again and I turned my attention to the door to see who it was.

  I froze when I saw who came in.

  "W-what are you doing here?" I asked, genuinely surprised. Donghae just smiled at me and said, "Did you like what I gave you?" I kept quiet but gave a quick nod. Donghae smiled softly at me and I felt my heart melting a little. I noticed that Donghae just stood at the end of the bed, not coming close to me, which I appreciated a lot.

  "I'm going to sing for you Eunhyuk. I'm going to show you, no matter how long it takes, that you can trust me and that I really love you with all my heart, and all my soul." Donghae said softly. I couldnt bring myself to look at him. I was scared that I would forgive him immediately if I looked at him.

  Just then, he started singing and I could swear that he have the most beautiful voice on this planet. I recognized the song as Marry U.


  After he was done, I realized I was crying. Donghae came over and wrapped his arms around me and leaned on him. Donghae whispered into my ear, "I'm really sorry Hyukkie... please forgive me." I turned and wrapped my arms around him too and nodded, mumbling, "I love you Donghae... so much.. please don't let go." I felt his lips pressed gently on my forehead and smiles. I knew I sounded stupid when I said what I said, but somehow, I just had to say it. I was terrified of losing him. Just then, I felt Donghae tighten his hold on me and I knew he felt my fear. That was when, I knew I would be save with him. No matter what. I sighed happily and buried my face into his neck, enjoying the warmth of his body.


HEY GUYS! IM BACK!! Exams are finally over and I forced myself to update because, it keeps haunting me lol. I hope it was good though. Im sorry for all the lines appearing out of nowhere... just ignore it okay? The only place that is supposed to have a line is at the texting part between Eunhyuk and Donghae!!

LOOKS LIKE DONGHAE FINALLY BROKE UP WITH JESSICA! But it was so sad too.. )': well... at least Eunhyuk and Donghae have a happy ending~~~~~~~~~~~

for now. ;)

PLEASE COMMENT!!! /BEGS/

All comments are appreciated. (:

*Sorry if there are grammar mistakes or something.. didnt have time to check.