Tensed meeting

Why did you leave?

Eunhyuk's POV:

  "Hello everyone!" Donghae greeted all of us when he reached our table. All of us looked up at him and forced a smile. Everyone said hi back. Everyone, that is, except me. Donghae looked at Kyuhyun and said to him, "Why did you run out like that without introducing yourself? Anyway, now you can introduce yourself and then your friends too!" I looked at Donghae, not believing what was happening. After him going away for 2+ years, it was hard believing that he was standing right in front of me now. 

  "Er, i'm Kyuhyun, this is Heechul, Sungmin, Ryeowook, Leeteuk, Siwon and Eunhyuk." Kyuhyun told Donghae and Donghae nodded. He grabbed a chair from the next table and sat down in between me and Kyuhyun. 'Omg, no. Sit somewhere else. I can't breathe with you sitting next to me.' I thought, wanting to hug him so badly. He turned to me and said, "Eunhyuk huh. That's a nice name. Is that your real name?" I gasped, totally surprised because that was exactly what Donghae said when they first met. "Erm, no. My real name is Lee Hyukjae. But everyone, except the teachers, call me Eunhyuk." I said, then thought, 'You used to call me Hyukkie. Don't you remember?' He nodded then seem to remember something.

  "Eunhyuk..." He murmured. I looked at him, thinking why in the world he was repeating my name under his breath like that. 'Maybe he remembered something?' I thought hopefully. But no such luck. Because the next thing he said was, "Eunhyuk! Were you the one who texted me about missing me or something?" I glanced nervously and Siwon, 'What am i supposed to say?' I racked my brain to think of something to reply. "Erm. Uh. What text?" I asked dumbly. "Oh. Then it must not be you since you don't know what i'm talking about." Then he told us about this person texting him. I sighed. 'What happened to you Hae? Why can't you remember?!' 

Donghae's POV:

  I'm so happy that I met new friends already. Classes have not even started and I made new friends! I was grateful towards Kyuhyun, my roommate, as he was the one who introduced me to his friends and they all seem to accept and like me. The first person I warmed to was Eunhyuk, which, is very weird as I normally take a long time to trust people. I think there's just something about him, that makes me know i can trust him. 'I should start talking to him more.' I talked to them about my life in America, my friends there and how much I missed them now. They also shared their life stories with me. Everyone shared except Eunhyuk, who seemed to be very quiet. "How about you Eunhyuk? Anything interesting to tell me?" I asked him. 'Maybe now he'll talk.' I thought as he looked at me and then slowly opened his mouth to speak.

  But instead of telling me his interesting real life story, he said, "Excuse me. I need to go somewhere. You guys continue." I watched him leave, feeling very confused. "Did I say something wrong?" i asked the rest worriedly. The others shook their heads and reassured me that everything was fine and that Eunhyuk needed time to think alone right now. I accepted their assurance but i could not help thinking, 'What does he need to think about? Why alone?' 

  Eunhyuk's POV:

  I couldn't take it. I cannot act like it was my first time meeting him. 'Why did you have to ask me that, Hae?' I thought as I left the canteen. I couldn't answer that question because when he asked that, all the memories I had with him came to me and there is no way i can tell any of that. I quickly rushed to my room and started sobbing into my pillow. 'What exactly happened to you that made you not remember? You are so important to me and my heart hurts so bad to feel forgotten.. by you. Please remember. Now that you're back, I want everything to be the same.' All these questions and thoughts were running around in my mind as i cried and when I finally stopped, I felt so tired, like all my energy was drained out of me and fell asleep on my bed.

  I didn't wake up until I felt Siwon tapping me awake telling me it was time for dinner. I woke up and almost immediately, everything that happened in the afternoon came back to me and I dreaded, yes, I dreaded seeing Donghae again.