Chapter 10

Why did you leave?

Narrator's POV: 

  "Hey. Want to go out of school for dinner?" Siwon asked Eunhyuk. Both of them were lying on their beds, bored as they had finished all their homework. Eunhyuk immediately got out of his bed and went to change. Siwon took the hint and changed too. 

  "Let's go get the rest too." Eunhyuk told Siwon. The both of them went to find the rest going to Kyuhyun's room last. 

  "I hope Donghae is not in his room." Eunhyuk said to the rest. Eunhyuk opened Kyuhyun's room door without knocking and saw Kyuhyun on his bed reading and Donghae with his friends at Donghae's bed chatting. All of them looked up when the door opened and Eli said, "Do you know how to knock?" 

  "It's not your room so shut up." Eunhyuk replied calmly then to Kyuhyun, "We're going out for dinner. Wanna come?" Kyuhyun put down his book quickly and joined Eunhyuk at the door. Eunhyuk chuckled at Kyuhyun's eagerness. 

  "It's hell here! I can't even read properly with them making so much noise!" Kyuhyun grumbled making Ryeowook laugh out loud. Eunhyuk closed the door and they left the school for dinner. 

  "That Eunhyuk guy have no manners! And we were not even making that much noise! Who is Kyuhyun to complain about us?" Eli complained. Donghae smiled then said, "Eli, all you have been doing since you came here was making them angry! Don't do that, if not I would never fit into their group!" Kevin looked at Donghae and then asked, "Why do you want to do that? They don't seem very nice, no offense." 

  "They are nice! The first time i met them, they were very nice to me. Only today, they started acting mean.. I don't know why." Donghae told them a bit sadly. Just then, they heard someone knocking on the door. 

  "Come in!" Donghae called out to the person outside. The door opened and Taemin walked in. "Oh, I thought Eunhyuk was here." 

  "Eunhyuk is not in this room." Donghae told him. Taemin nodded, "I know. Someone said that they saw Eunhyuk come here. I guess they left." 

  "Yeah, they did come here. They left for dinner." 

  Taemin didn't make any signs of leaving instead he came further into the room and sat on Kyuhyun's bed and looked at Donghae. "Do you remember me?" Taemin asked Donghae. Donghae shrugged then nodded, "Yeah. you're from the dance class too right?" Taemin chuckled, "Yeah." He paused for a while then asked, "What do you think of Eunhyuk and his friends?" 

  "What?" Donghae asked, shocked at the younger's sudden question. 

  "Just answer it." Taemin told them.

  "I think he is rude and have no respect for anyone at all. He thinks he rules the world or something." Eli snapped at the junior. Taemin didn't do anything, just said calmly, "I wasn't talking to you, whoever you are. I'm talking to Donghae." Donghae continued staying quiet although Taemin was looking at him intently. After Taemin realized that Donghae wasn't going to answer, he said, "I was from another school, and I transferred here this year because I just felt that this school was better for me as I love to dance. I have two seniors, who also love to dance. From the first dance class to the very last, in my old school, my seniors have helped me a lot in teaching me steps and making sure I can catch up. Every year, we have a talent contest but there was one year that was more important than the rest. My father was coming to watch. My mother come to watch every year but because my father was always so busy he always didn't manage to come. But that year, he came. Although I was so excited to perform in front of him, i was also very nervous and scared. What if i make a mistake and embarrass myself? What if my father feels embarrassed by me if I make a dumb mistake in my routine? I almost backed out of the contest when it was going to be my turn in 15 minutes!! But my seniors, helped me through my nerves. They watched me dance, danced here and there with me, made me laugh and encouraged me. All these may seem very small, but it helped me overcome my nerves and fear. In the end, I managed to perform and I won 2nd place. They're the best seniors ever." 

  Taemin stopped talking and the room was quite.  

  "Why are you telling us this?" Eli asked out of curiosity. Kevin glared at him then told Taemin, "I can see that your seniors are very nice." Taemin looked at Donghae. Donghae saw him looking at him than said, "Your seniors are very nice. Wish I had seniors like that." 

  Taemin smiled then said, "That's why you're wrong about him being mean and rude. He's nothing like that." 

  Eli, Kevin and Donghae gasped. They were all speechless. Then Eli spoke up, "That senior that helped you is Eunhyuk?!" Taemin nodded then Donghae asked, "Wait, you said two seniors. Who's the other one?" Taemin looked at Donghae for a while then said softly, "That's for you to figure out." The room was silent again then Taemin got up and told them, "I have to go. See you. If you see Eunhyuk, ask him to find me? Thanks." With that, Taemin left the room leaving the three seniors in shock. 

  "What does he mean by, 'that's for us to find out?' " Eli asked. Donghae shrugged then said, "Can you guys leave now? I need to rest." 

  "Are you okay?" Kevin asked worriedly. Donghae nodded and reassured them, "I'm fine. I just have a headache suddenly. I just need to sleep." Kevin and Eli agreed to let him rest and left the room. When they left Donghae lay down and thought through what Taemin said. 

  'That story seems kind of familiar.' Donghae thought. 'Maybe I was there.' Almost immediately, he dismissed that thought. 'Can't be. I only came here yesterday! So why does it seem so familiar? Was it in a book or movie or something?' 

  Donghae closed his eyes, not wanting to think about it anymore. The more he thought about it, the worse the headache got. So, Donghae forced himself to fall asleep and in a matter of seconds, he was sleeping. 

  Meanwhile, Eunhyuk and his friends were eating happily, chatting about everyday things. None of them mentioned Donghae although he was always in every boys' thoughts ever since he came back to Korea. At  9.30, they were back in school and they went to their separate bedrooms. Eunhyuk told Siwon to go back first and went into the computer room. Sitting in front of one of the school computers, he logged into his email account and saw that he had a few unread emails. He went into his inbox and deleted all the useless emails. That left him with two emails. One from his mother and one from an unknown sender. The email didn't look like it was advertising something, so he kept it first. Eunhyuk read through his mother's email and then remembered that He did not call his mother yesterday when he reached the school like he promised. Immediately, he clicked reply and typed out a long email about his day and the school. He decided not to tell his mother about Donghae yet. 'It feels weird to tell her..' Eunhyuk thought and clicked send. 

  After that, he opened the email from the unknown sender and the first sentence made his heart stop beat faster. 

To: [email protected]
From: [email protected]

Text:

 

Hello Eunhyuk, do you remember me? I'm Donghae's mother. I'm sure you still remember Donghae right? Donghae was very insistent of coming to Korea to study university. He said that there was something about Korea that he likes and wants to go to Korea. I cannot go Korea with him and also am very worried about letting him go there by himself. Then, I found out you were going to Korea Arts University and immediately registered Donghae there too. But I think I need to explain something. Have you met him already? I think you did, since you're in the same class.

Now, Donghae can't remember any of his friends from Korea. He thinks that he was born here and had moved to America to stay, which we both know it's not true. As you know, Donghae is a very clumsy and not very careful.. if you remember, which I'm sure you do, he almost got into a car accident with a truck when he was in Korea and luckily, you pushed him out of the way in time. If not, who knows what would have happened. 

  In America, he was not so lucky. He got into a car accident here and was admitted into a hospital obviously. He almost got into a coma and luckily he didn't. He seemed fine to me, he knew who everyone in America was. His family and his friends. So I thought everything was fine. But on the day he was discharged when he went back to his room, he saw the photo frame on his bedside table. In the picture, was you and Donghae. He picked it up and I told him that he must have missed you a lot and everything but he asked me, "Who is this guy?" I was so shocked by that question I couldn't speak. In the end, I didn't say anything. He just threw away that photo and continued living like nothing happened. Everyday in America, he used to talk about you but after the accident, he never mentioned your name or any of his friends. 

  So a few days later, I brought him to the doctor for a check up and he told me (Without Donghae there) that part of Donghae's memories are lost and he would be very lucky if he could remember those again. I was so shocked and felt very sad that such an important part of his live was forgotten. For two months, he continued staying in America living happily and everything and then he mentioned that he wanted to go to Korea. So I registered him there. 

  When he saw you, did he remember anything? Eunhyuk, I know it hurts you that he can't but please be patient with him okay? Help him remember you and the rest. I'm sure he wants to remember you too. Please help me take care of him Eunhyuk. Thank you so much. Please reply my email so I can stop worrying about Donghae. Thank you. God bless you.

  As Eunhyuk read the email, he cried. He couldn't help himself. He finally had some explanation to why Donghae couldn't remember who he was. He covered his face with his hands and cried out loud. Even when the door to the room opened, he didn't stop. 

  "What are you doing here? I was so worried!" Siwon exclaimed in relief when he saw Eunhyuk. But his relief disappeared when he saw Eunhyuk crying. He rushed over to Eunhyuk and asked worriedly, "What happened? Did you hear bad news from home?" Eunhyuk shook his head and said in between sobs, "T-the e-email. The email." Siwon took the mouse and scrolled up to the top of the email and read it. When he was done he was just as shocked as Eunhyuk was and was on the edge of crying as well. But Siwon knew that it would not help Eunhyuk at all so he controlled himself and hugged Eunhyuk. "It's okay Hyukkie. At least now we have some explanation. Let's just go back to the room and rest okay? We'll tell the others tomorrow." Eunhyuk nodded and Siwon switched off the computer. The two males then left the computer room and made their way back to their room. Eunhyuk was looking at the floor still crying a little bit and Siwon was deep in thoughts as he walked. 

  When they were both lying on their beds getting ready to sleep, Eunhyuk spoke up, "We have to help him remember us." Siwon nodded and then told Eunhyuk, "I know. And we'll do that. For now, let's just sleep okay? Let's sleep now." 


Hello! Back from my holiday~~ how's this chapter? EUNHYUK FINALLY KNOWS WHY DONGHAE CAN'T REMEMBER HIM!! :D :D :D Please comment and subscribe okay? (: 

Question for you: What do you think Eunhyuk will do to help Donghae remember? Will he just ignore Donghae in the future? :P 

Okay, thank you for being patient with me! :D Hope you liked this chapter update. 

*I ended up posting chapter by chapter. >.< oh wells.*