Jessica's Date

Why did you leave?

Narrator's POV: 

The day has finally arrived for Jessica to meet Sunggyu for dinner. Although she had reluctantly agreed to this date, she was still a little nervous and excited for it. It was a date afterall and don't all girls feel nervous on their first date with someone? Jessica was already all dressed in a black dress that fell a few inches above her knees and had her hair loose around her shoulders. She checked her reflection through the mirror and saw that her make up was good enough before slinging her bag over her shoulders, ready to leave her room to meet Sunggyu. Before she even reached her door, she heard a knock coming from the other side of the door. 

"Wow, hey. You look amazing." Sunggyu said, sincerity in his voice as he took in her outfit. Stunned, Jessica stared at him, unable to stop the question that popped up in her head, "What are you doing here?" Sunggyu's face turned confused at her question. 

"Aren't we meeting for dinner tonight? Who else are you dressing so nicely for?" Sunggyu's voice had a hint of tease in it as he smiled at her. At his teasing question, Jessica scoffed and said casually, "I just thought I would meet you straight at the canteen. You didn't have to come all the way to my dorm room to walk me there." Sunggyu grinned then held out his arm, "Who said we were going to eat at the canteen?" 

Turns out, Sunggyu had already planned everything perfectly. He even booked a reservation at an expensive Japanese restaurant located at the highest level of a building, their seats giving them the perfect view of Seoul. 

"Wow." Jessica breathes out, amazed by all the pretty lights that seemed to wink at her from below. "It's beautiful." She couldn't stop herself from smiling as she admired the view. Then, Sunggyu said something that made her turn her attention back to him. "I think my view is more beautiful." Jessica turned to face him to see what he was looking at and found him staring straight at her. Immediately, she felt her cheeks flushing and she cursed herself for it. She wasn't supposed to be enjoying herself. She was just here to convince him she was not interested in him and get him to stop wasting his time. Sunggyu let out a soft chuckle at the sight of Jessica, someone who have been insistent in showing her tough exterior, blushing. 

"Stop talking nonsense and order your food." Jessica shot back and grabbed a set of the menu and started flipping through the pages, determined not to look at the man opposite her for as long as she could. However, as she looked through the menu, she couldn't concentrate as she could still feel his gaze on her. Frustrated, she looked up and their eyes met. 

"What are you staring at?" Jessica asked, annoyed although her voice took on a slightly whiny tone. Sunggyu's smile widen and shrugged, "I have already decided what I want to get. I come here really often." Jessica snorted and raised her eyebrows, "Let me guess, you bring different girls here every week and say the same cheesy line to each one of them, right?" 

At her words, Sunggyu's expression turned amused. "Why, if you're not careful I would think you're being jealous right now Jess." 

Jealous? What was he talking about? She was so not jealous of him. Was she? She tried imagining Sunggyu bringing other girls here and frowned when she had to admit to herself that part of her liked the fact that he brought her to this amazing place. And she felt a tiny bit special even though she felt it was too fast for her to like someone else. Realizing that she was taking too long to answer, she resumed looking through the menu, "well, since you've been here so many times, what do you receommend?" 

"Definitely the ramen. It's the bomb here." Sunggyu suggested excitedly. He wanted Jessica to have a good time, to relax and be herself around him. And good food usually works wonders. 

Jessica decided to take his suggestion and ordered ramen for herself and Sunggyu ordered the same as well. With nothing to do but wait for the food to arrive, the table fell silent and just as Jessica was afraid that they'll be awkward, Sunggyu immediate led the conversation and she felt herself becoming comfortable with talking to him, which was saying a lot as she usually doesn't socialize much. 

15 minutes later, their food arrived and Jessica had finished telling him about her stay in Korea so far, leaving out the part of her break up with Donghae, of course. In these 15 minutes, Sunggyu has also shared with her the amazing places that she had to visit while in Seoul and even told her that if she no one to bring her there, he would gladly take up the offer, an offer which Jessica might actually take up on. Besides, other than sturyding in school, she had a pretty boring life.

"Mmm, you were right! The ramen tastes amazing." Jessica gushed after taking a mouthful of the ramen. Sunggyu gave her a happy smile and they ate together, both too hungry to make much conversation. Way too soon, they both finished up their bowl of ramen, eating every strand of noodle and drinking every drop of the soup. 

"I have to come back here again. It's amazing!" 

"Remember to invite me. After all, it was me who introduced this place to you." Sunggyu grinned. Jessica nodded then added after a moment of thought, "Can I bring my friends along too though? They're new around Korea too." 

"If they're your friends, they're definitely welcome to join us. Although I have enjoyed this date with you very much." Sunggyu said, smiling at her with a clear question in his gaze. He was wondering if she enjoyed herself too and if she really meant that this was the date to end all dates. He really hoped she would say that she wanted to hang out with him together again. 

Jessica hesitated, then made up her mind. "I had fun too, and we can do this again sometime." Jessica smiled. She had nothing to lose. She already lost the man she thought was meant for her. She should give herself a chance to meet new people to help her get over her break up. If Sunggyu could appreciate and love her more than Donghae could, who was she to stop him? She really liked how Sunggyu had made her feel comfortable and didn't push her to say or do anything she didn't want to and if she was honest to herself, she was excited for their next date. 


Hey everyone! I'm back and I don't know if you can tell but my writing style is different now. HAHAHA No EunHae in this chapter but there sure will be in the next few chapters. Also, I think i'm going to end this fic soon since it's been so long and draggy already. I'll try to think of a really good ending okay? To all Poly students like me who just started school or going to start school soon, I hope you have a very very good semester ahead and that everything will be in your favor. <3 Thank you everyone who have stayed with me throughout and waiting so very patiently T__T I love yall <3