SUMMER HOLIDAY

Why did you leave?

*A FEW MONTHS LATER* 

NARRATOR'S POV: 

Doors burst open and students starts flooding the school hallways after the last bell of the day. It was the last day of lessons and every student was excited to be packing up and making their way home or wherever they have planned for the summer holidays. 

As Donghae was finishing up the last of his packing, he hears a knock from the door before it opens and Eunhyuk steps in with his luggage.

"Are you done packing?" Eunhyuk asked, going over to Donghae's bed and sits on the edge. Donghae took a break from stuffing his luggage full and goes over to Eunhyuk and they both share a kiss. 

"Almost done. Just have a few more clothes to dump in." Donghae smiles sheepishly and his lover and Eunhyuk smiles understandingly. Eunhyuk knows how much Donghae really at packing. "What time are your parents coming to pick us up?" Donghae continues. Donghae was going to stay with Eunhyuk's family for 2 weeks then Eunhyuk would be going to America with Donghae to stay with his family for another 2 weeks. 

"In about an hour. So if you want to say bye to the rest you better hurry up." Eunhyuk teasingly urges Donghae. Donghae nudges Eunhyuk before he continues packing. With a loud zip of the luggage, he straightens up and smiles widely at Eunhyuk, "All done! Now let's go find the rest!" Donghae and Eunhyuk both grabbed their luggage and left the dorms, going to the pick-up area where the rest of their friends were waiting. 

"Hey, i'll catch up with you. Let me just go say bye to Eli and the rest." Donghae informs Eunhyuk before striding towards his American friends. Within the few months since his break up with Jessica, they have slowly started to be okay being around each other although Jessica still tries not to be in the same space as him. 

Eunhyuk joins Leeteuk and the rest. 

"So how does it feel to have Donghae going to your house to stay?" Heechul teases. 

"Just like old times. Although my mum is totally freaking out and over-preparing." Eunhyuk rolls his eyes but smiles afterwards knowing his mother just wanted everything to be perfect. To be honest, Eunhyuk still feels nervous about Donghae living at his house as it's going to be his first time ever since he's moved to America. He just hopes Donghae will still like living at his place as much as he used to. Before he could continue worrying, a car stops in front of Eunhyuk and his friends and Eunhyuk realizes that its his mother's car. 

"Yah, Donghae ah, my mum's here!" Eunhyuk calls out to Donghae and walks to the car boot to store both their luggages. Donghae comes running over, gives his friends a hug each before joining Eunhyuk in the back of the car. 

"Hello Mrs Lee." Donghae greets politely, his voice showing slight nerves in them. Eunhyuk reaches over to give Donghae's hand a squeeze and shoots a reassuring smile at him. Luckily, both Donghae and Eunhyuk had nothing to worry about as Eunhyuk's mother led the conversation and being exactly the same person that Donghae remembers. Slowly Donghae relaxes in his seat and chatted comfortably with both Eunhyuk and his mother as if he hadnt been away for 2 years, as if he hadnt lost his memory at all. 

Jessica's POV: 

I watched Donghae run off to Eunhyuk and feels a dull ache in my chest. But I was relieved. What used to be burning rage, anger and jealousy, now it just left a bittersweet feeling. I could finally push past my own jealousy and saw how good they were for each other. I let out a soft sigh and turned back to Yuri who was on the phone with her parents. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see Sunggyu holding up a bouquet of flowers. I blinked at the flowers then at him. 

"Hey, uh, what are the flowers for?" It might sound like a dumb question but honestly, I didn't expect him to give me flowers, I didn't expect him to give me anything at all. 

"I must have a reason to give flowers to the girl I like?" Sunggyu smiles warmly which gave me a small flutter in my stomachs and holds out the bouquet to me, which I accepted with a soft 'thank you'. 

"So, I never got around to asking you what are your plans for the holidays?" 

"Oh, we're waiting for a cab to pick us up now to go to the airport. We'll be going back to America for the holidays." I said, surprisingly feeling a sense of sadness. It hadnt occured to me that I might miss Sunggyu and before I could help myself, I blurted out, "Maybe you could visit! Or- we could just skype?" Sunggyu looked surprised at my suggestion and I cursed myself for sounding so eager, so desperate. But just then, Sunggyu broke into a huge smile and said he would love to. We smiled at each other, both seeming to be in their own world.

"Hey Sica, our cab's here!" Eli announced and I was brought back to reality. 

"Well... I better go. I'll see you, I guess." I said and gives a small wave. I was about to turn away when Sunggyu stepped forward and gave me a hug. I froze, shocked. My heart was beating fast in my chest and I tried to force it to calm down before Sunggyu felt it. I slowly wrapped my arms around him too and hugged him back. 

"Have a safe flight. I'll miss you. Text me when you land okay?" Sunggyu whispers in my ear as we hug and I just nod. We let go and I smile at him before finally getting into the cab, purposely ignoring the looks my friends were giving me. As the cab drove away, I stare out the window and couldn't help smiling to myself. Things were definitely looking up. 

Donghae's POV: 

It's been 30 minutes and we were still driving on the road. We've been chatting non-stop for the past 30 minutes and I could feel my eyelids drooping, threatening to stay shut anytime. Suddenly, Eunhyuk's hand was on my hand, gently pushing my head down to his shoulder. I gratefully snuggle up close to him but still trying to stay awake so his mum might now find me rude. Knowing his mum, she probably wouldn't but he wanted to make a great 2nd 1st impression on her if you get what I mean. 

Finally, Eunhyuk's mum wound down with her chatter and I could feel myself drifting off to sleep. Before I could though, Eunhyuk suddenly asked, "Do you remember how my room looked like?" 

"Is it the same since I left?" I felt his head give a small nod then I say confidently, "Blue and white walls. Brown tiled floor. A super size single bed with lots of posters of the singers you like." I glance up at him to see if I got it right and saw that he was smiling. 

"It's good to have you back, Hae." Eunhyuk whispers. I close my eyes with a small smile, wrapping my arm around him. 

"It's good to be back." I whisper back before I finally drift off to sleep with the thoughts of the fun things they were going to do together, the future that they will have together and that nothing was ever going to break them apart again. Nothing. 


Andddddd this is the last chapter! I know, I know, I totally rushed the ending but this fic has been here since 2011 and I don't want to leave it hanging anymore. I hope it's still a good enough ending for you all though ;; Tell me what you think in the comments below!! I apologize for the long waiting time as I'm super super busy with school and have a lack of motivation to write. I finally forced myself to update this though and I really hope you liked it!! 

Thank you to all of you who have subscribed and gave me so much encouragement and love for this story! I appreciate it a lot and love you guys a lot hahaha <3 See you again in my next fic, if I start one lol 

Bye!