6.

College Experiences

A few days after the mess that was known between the both of them as the printer incident – as well as the three separate times Ryeowook had to go running to Kyuhyun in search of help for technology issues – Ryeowook finally felt like he was just learning how to work his way around the basics of the school computer systems.

He didn't however, fully understand how to work the academic database for his research essay. Watching painfully as his search came back yet again with zero results Ryeowook groaned loudly, banging his head gently on the table to the side of the computer in frustration.

He'd been avoiding this specific part of the essay for weeks, rest of the thesis already written, just missing the key pieces of evidence to stitch it all together perfectly. Evidence, that for some unknown reason to Ryeowook was near impossible to find.

“Okay... its just you and me. Please, oh magical database, give me the information I need.” Ryeowook chanted, typing in his search once again before hovering over the enter key, quickly crossing his fingers, closing his eyes as he hit enter. He was still for a moment, hoping against hope for result before he opened his eyes, growling at the zero that was written in the middle of the page.

“whyyyyyyyyyyy.” he groaned, all but giving up on the project as he slumped back into his seat, hand covering his eyes in defeat. Sighing heavily he dropped his hand to the side, reaching over and grabbed his phone to send a quick text message before putting his phone down, dropping his head into his hands.

Ten minutes later voices came from outside the study room before the door opened, Kyuhyun's familiar voice saying goodbye to the stranger before he entered the room, closing the door behind him.

“Ryeowook... you dead?”

“I might as well be.” Ryeowook whined, pouting at Kyuhyun's amused chuckle.

“Okay mr. grumpy, what's this massive technical issue we're having this time? Yesung get a hold of your stuff again?”

“No.” the smaller answered curtly. “I just can't get this stupid database to work.”

Kyuhyun laughed loudly, looking at Ryeowook in amusement. When the smaller boys face turned sour, frown deepening, he quickly realised the other wasn't joking, laughter dying mid chuckle. “Wait, you're serious?”

“...forget it; I don't need your help.” Ryeowook whined, trying to shuffle his chair away from a bewildered Kyuhyun. Grabbing the others chair Kyuhyun attempted to turn the older boy around, struggling against the older with an apologetic smile on his face.

“No I'm sorry I swear!! Wook stop turning around oh my god...”

Ryeowook immediately halted, wide eyed as he let Kyuhyun turn him around so they faced each other. “What did you just call me?”

“Oh, uhh... Wook? Sorry if you don't like the nickname I totally won't do it agai--”

“No! Its okay.” Ryeowook interrupted, small smile on his face. “It's just... no ones given me a nickname like that before, everyone just called me Ryeowook – I like it.” he blushed.

Kyuhyun couldn't help but smile at the sheer adorableness of the boy beside him. “That's good then! You'll be hearing it a lot more often.” he winked, getting a light giggle out of the other. “Now, lets get you working this database like a pro!”

Nodding Ryeowook reached out to grab his notebook and a pen, looking at Kyuhyun attentively. “Go ahead Professor Cho.”

Giving the other a curt nod – Ryeowook desperately trying to contain his giggles – Kyuhyun gestured towards the computer screen before looking at his 'student'.

“Before we really start we must ask ourselves the most important question – what truly is a database?”

At his ridiculous impersonation of their composition professor the pair burst into laughter, loud giggles ringing through the small study room. Eventually Kyuhyun wiped his eyes, trying to calm his giggles as he looked over at the database screen. After staring at it for a moment his giggles started up again, Kyuhyun trying to calm himself as Ryeowook looked on, confused.

“Wha...what!? What are you laughing at now!?” Ryeowook cried, watching the younger boy stop his giggles as he looked at his friend apologetically.

“It's just that... you weren't even searching for articles, you had it set so you were searching specifically for authors instead.”

“...you're kidding me.”

“I swear I'm not, look!” Kyuhyun pointed to the screen, Ryeowook clearly seeing the author tab just beside the search bar.

“I can't believe I'm as bad as Yesung at this...” he whispered, ashamed in himself as Kyuhyun shook his head.

“No one is that bad, believe me. By the time I'm done here we're going to have you as the master of the academic database with the second best essay, after my own.” Kyuhyun joked, chuckling as Ryeowook elbowed him gently.

“Just teach me you idiot.” Ryeowook laughed.

After many [difficult] hours Kyuhyun was finally confident that Ryeowook had enough skills to use the database on his own when needed, the other boy now confidentially navigating the various sources with relative ease. With a number of sources also ready to use as evidence for his essay Ryeowook was beyond happy, pleased he'd left his 'Yesung like ways' behind him.

“Once again you prove to be a complete lifesaver Kyu, what would I do without you?”

“Crash and burn.” Kyuhyun joked, grinning mischievously. “But hey, what are friends for?”

Giving him another smile Kyuhyun got up, bidding him goodbye as he left to go meet his room mate for a late lunch.

“Cya later Wook!”

“Yeah...” Ryeowook replied, smiling happily. “Cya Kyu.”

 

----------

sorry for such a long wait between updates! but the fic is 100% done and i have a set uploading schedule from here on out so you won't have to wait any longer xxx