1.

College Experiences

It was the first week of class and Ryeowook had found himself completely caught up in the whirlwind that was college. The life had turned out to be a very big departure from the small country town he'd grown up in, the quiet high school he'd attended not preparing him at all for the culture shock of the widespread campus, tiny classrooms swapped for large lecture halls and a sea of students he often found himself totally lost in.

He was constantly on his toes, small frame working to weave through the masses as he made his way towards the main music building. Hopping up the steps, sheet music held tightly in his arms, Ryeowook used his body to push open the large glass doors, slipping inside as they shut softly behind him. Immediately the noise from outside was muffled, rare quietness surrounding him for the first time in a very long week.

Heaving a relaxed sigh Ryeowook slowed his pace to a leisurely stroll towards the lecture hall he knew sat in the middle of the building, knowing he had a little over five minutes to get to class. Reaching the room with a minute to spare he entered the hall, leaving the door open as he stepped further into the room, frowning.

Around him the hall was dead silent, long rows of chairs deserted. Ryeowook dropped his notebook onto the table just beside where he stood, moving to fetch his phone out his pocket as the panic started to bubble up inside of him. He'd made sure to get here on time, there's no way he'd gotten here that early had he?

No – he was definitely on time, phone displaying that is was few minutes past nine. Mild panic began to settle in the pit of his stomach as he flopped into the hard wooden chair beside him. It hadn't even been a full week and he'd already managed to confuse himself, what was he supposed to do now!?

“Hey there... are you here for the intro to composition lecture?” a loud voice rang out from behind him.

Jumping up Ryeowook span on his heel, turning to face another boy who was resting casually against the door he had left open. The stranger was taller than him – Ryeowook noticed grumpily – arms crossed casually against his long frame while he looked down at him, calm eyes framed by shaggy chocolate brown hair. He gave off an air of confidence, nonchalantly looking around the room before his gaze finally fell back on Ryeowook.

“Y-yeah.” Ryeowook stuttered, embarrassed blush flaming his cheeks. “B-But the lecture was s-supposed to start a couple of minutes ago, I-I think we're in the wrong room...”

Frowning slightly the boy looked around once more. “I could've sworn this was the right room, I looked at the schedule like ten minutes ago... oh well!” The boy answered, frown replaced by an amused smile. “I guess we'll just have to wing it in the first class them.” the stranger stated, mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

“Y-you don't have any idea where we should go!?” Ryeowook spluttered.

“Nope!” the other boy laughed, grin widening at Ryeowook's obvious nervousness.

“Hey, if its anything like the rest of my lectures this week they're probably just doing a simple intro to the course anyway. Just use this time to make sure you really know where your tutorial classroom is.” he winked, pushing himself off the door back down the hallway. “Nice meeting you by the way, good luck in class!”

“Y-You too!” Ryeowook managed to call back as the boy disappeared, face still flushed an embarrassed shade of pink before he gathered his stuff, rushing out of the empty hall to the nearest computer lab to triple check his next classroom, just in case.