13.

College Experiences

Ryeowook wasn't quite sure how Kyuhyun managed to convince him to do these things, the other boy having an uncanny ability to get him to go along with the stupidest of ideas. It was how Ryeowook found himself panting halfway across the field between their dorm building and the music building, trying desperately to get there before the other.

It had started as any other day Ryeowook had spent in the presence of his adventurous best friend, Kyuhyun dragging him out of his room and down the flight of stairs, claiming that there was important new club the both of them had to join. Ryeowook had just allowed himself to be pulled along, knowing better by now than to try and fight the other.

How they had managed to argue themselves into a race across campus to the music building Ryeowook couldn't even properly recall, all he knew was that his honour was on the line and he refused to let Kyuhyun win – the other boy had a big enough ego as it is, he wasn't about to let it continue to balloon.

His lungs were burning, Ryeowook now able to feel the sweat starting to drip down his forehead but he continued to push himself, praying that he wouldn't collapse from his complete lack of athleticism until he'd made it to the classroom.

When he'd finally crossed the field, pushing himself up towards the buildings steps past a couple of his bewildered classmates Ryeowook willed himself to continue, eyes widening as he saw Kyuhyun coming up just across from him.

They locked eyes, Ryeowook's glare hardening as the pair both broke out into a dead sprint, shoving each other roughly to get in the door before taking off up the stairs, Ryeowook heaving as he tried to keep up his two step lead over the other.

As he reached the third floor he threw himself around the corner, just a step ahead when he finally barged into the classroom, cheering loudly as he fell onto a row of desks, back complaining as he fought to catch his breath.

When he could finally breath again without wanting to die Ryeowook pulled himself upright, ignoring the burn in his legs as he folded them under himself. Frowning he looked around, realising the room was completely empty save for Kyuhyun slumped in front of the computer at the front of the room.

“Wha- Kyu, where is everyone?”

“Huh?” Kyuhyun mumbled, not bothering to look up from the screen.

“Well if we're joining a club I would assume there'd be, you know, other club members at the meetings?” Ryeowook asked, frowning.

“Oh right – allow me to welcome you to the first official meeting of the Steel Samurai club! I am your president Cho Kyuhyun, and may I also introduce rockstar vice president Kim Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun grinned, projector flickering to life to display the shows logo brightly.

Ryeowook just stared at the other, looking around the room once before he slid off his seat on the table, wincing slightly at his protesting muscles as he walked out of the room. He'd made it five steps back out into the hallway before he felt Kyuhyun grab his biceps, not having the energy to struggle when Kyuhyun pulled him back into the room with a sigh.

“This is absolutely ridiculous!” Ryeowook protested. “If you wanted to have a fan club and watch the show we could've just done it in one of our dorm rooms like normal.”

Kyuhyun just shrugged off Ryeowook's grumbling, pushing the smaller boy into a seat before he moved back to finish setting up the videos on the large screen connected to his laptop. Finally getting the video up he grinned, hopping over to sit beside his unamused friend with a happy grin.

“But now its all official! Besides I invited Min as well so there's at least one member beside us.”

“My Min or your Min?”

“...what?” Kyuhyun frowned.

Ryeowook sighed, already feeling the headache oncoming. “Changmin – your Min, or Sungmin – my Min.”

Realisation flickered across Kyuhyun's face. “Oooooooooh yeah, they totally are both Mins aren't they! I meant Changmin of course, I don't really talk to Sungmin without you.”

“Yeah okay I'm sure superstar athlete Changmin is going to bother to come to your dorky Steel Samurai fan club meeting.” Ryeowook snorted.

Kyuhyun elbowed him amusedly. “Oh shut it I'm trying! Besides now we're expected to officially meet up every single week. Officially.”

“Kyuhyun we hang out nearly every day...” Ryeowook dead panned.

Kyuhyun paused, mouth open as if he was going to reply before colour flushed his face, mumbling a shuttup before he turned back to the screen, pressing play and drowning out any sort of conversation.

After an hour sat inside of the classroom, back screaming in protest from the uncomfortable classroom chairs Ryeowook finally cracked, groaning loudly as the credits came up on screen.

“I can't do it any more I give up!!This is so uncomfortable my back feels like its on fire.”

“I know what you mean...” Kyuhyun whined. “I didn't think the chairs would be this bad.”

“Can we pleeaaaaase just go back to the dorms and continue watching the episodes there???” Ryeowook begged, sighing in relief as the other nodded tiredly.

Kyuhyun moved sluggishly, crossing the room to unplug his computer and shut down the projector properly. He couldn't help but chuckle at the loud groan that came from Ryeowook as he stretched, grumbling about his tired muscles.

“We should order take out and just create a mountain of pillows to lie on so my legs can stop feeling like they're about to fall off.” Ryeowook sighed as he leaned against the table.

“Good idea!” Kyuhyun agreed, suspiciously picked up his pace as he moved towards the door. “...race you there.” he muttered, grinning widely as he disappeared out the door.

“Cho Kyuhyun you... you !!!” Ryeowook yelled, ignoring the burning pain as he sprinted after the taller boy, Kyuhyun's laughter echoing through the hall.