23.

College Experiences

“Heechul that shirt looks ridiculous on him.”

Ryeowook sighed, grimacing down at the polo Heechul had basically forced upon him when the blonde had walked through the door. He only had... roughly 5 minutes, 25 seconds and counting until Kyuhyun showed up for their first official date and Ryeowook was nothing but a mess of nerves. He'd gone through his wardrobe five separate times before he'd finally called in the assistance of Sungmin and Heechul, although alerting the overprotective blonde to his date night hadn't been the wisest decision.

“Really? I think it brings out his eyes and makes him look lovely.” Heechul huffed, crossing his arms in defiance.

“He looks like a five year old whose been dragged along to a fancy dinner party.” Sungmin replied, throwing another shirt in Ryeowook's direction. “Put this one on instead, the purple actually does look amazing on you with those jeans.”

Ryeowook nodded, returning to the bathroom and swapping shirts quickly – Sungmin was definitely right, the more casual purple shirt looked much better than the horrid green polo.

“Wookie, I have the perfect jacket for you to wear over it!!!” Heechul called loudly, Ryeowook opening the bathroom door to have a mass of bright yellow plastic thrown in his face.

“...this is my raincoat.”

“Exactly!” Heechul grinned.

“Why on earth do we even bother with you?” Sungmin retorted, pushing past the elder to fix Ryeowook's hair carefully. “One more thing!” he said, carefully taking his deep red scarf and winding it around Ryeowook's neck. Resting the tail on his chest Sungmin stepped back, grinning at his handiwork.

“You look perfect – even with Heechul's constant input.” he teased, Ryeowook chuckling nervously.

“You mean genius!!” Heechul called, not moving from where he stood leant against the door.

Sungmin rightfully ignored him, rubbing Ryeowook's shoulder comfortingly. “You don't have anything to be nervous about you know, the kid adores you.”

“I just...really really like him.”

Sungmin sighed, pulling the smaller into a tight hug. “God you are so adorably precious.”

A loud knock at the door suddenly broke through the quiet, Sungmin separating them with a grin. “Okay one last check that you look absolutely perfect!”

Ryeowook chuckled, spinning on his heel in mock show before he froze, Sungmin following his gaze to where Heechul stood in front of the barely opened door.

“Wookie isn't here right now sooorry Chooooooooo!!” He sung, trying to close the door on the other face before the pair behind him could stop it. In a moment the pair were across the small room, Sungmin tugging the angry Heechul away while Ryeowook threw the door back open, coming face to face with a wide eyed Kyuhyun.

“Everything alright...?”

“Yeah o-of course! Sorry.” Ryeowook apologised, looking up at Kyuhyun shyly as the tallers cheeks flushed.

“Its fine, you ready to g--”

“First of all Cho Kyuhyun this is my baby you are talking to!!!” Heechul interrupted, Kyuhyun paling as the blonde yelled across the room at him. “I expect nothing but respect – no kissing, no flirting, no touching at all – just a short walk outside before coming right back here where I can keep an eye on you!!!!”

Ryeowook grimaced, not bothering to look behind him as he pushed Kyuhyun back lightly so he could step out of the room.

“Bye Dad.” He drawled, Sungmin's laughter drowning out Heechul's outraged screeches.

“Have fun! ...Heechul would you just shuttup before Yesung comes and kicks our asses!? Calm the hell down!” Sungmin yelled as they shut the door, Heechul's cries about 'his own son abandoning him' being muffled slightly.

“Again, sorry about that.”

“Eh its fine, I was going to face his wrath sooner or later.” Kyuhyun joked, the couple heading out of the building into the chilly winter evening. Ryeowook involuntarily shivered, cold hitting him as they walked down the steps.

“Do you want my jacket while we walk?” Kyuhyun offered, moving to shrug off the jacket as Ryeowook turned beet red.

“N-No its okay!!” he protested, burying his face shyly into his scarf. “Where are we headed?” he added, trying to change the subject to something less embarrassing.

“Somewhere we can have a bunch of fun!” Kyuhyun replied as he laced their fingers together gently, own blush staining his cheeks

 

---

 

“I'm breaking up with you.” Ryeowook dead panned, Kyuhyun laughing him off as he pulled the smaller boy further into the room. “I cannot believe our first date is at the freaking campus food hall.”

“I think the high calibre of food is a delightful first date setting.” Kyuhyun replied happily, not phased by Ryeowook's unamused tone. “Plus I have a ton of food credits left to use before the end of semester next month – we're going to eat like kings!!” he added, chortling evilly as he dragged an exasperated Ryeowook to the counter.

Their table was crowded with a number of trays, piled high with a variety of junk food and desserts as Kyuhyun grinned over a mountain of fries at the other.

“So... batman or superman?” Kyuhyun asked, Ryeowook rolling his eyes before allowing himself to be pulled into the ridiculous conversation. Their topics were all over the board, lost in each other and the giant piles of food until most of it was finally gone, both feeling like they were about to explode.

“I never want to eat again.” Kyuhyun moaned, trying to shove one last chocolate into his mouth.

“Who, you? I guess all my baking will go to Donghae now...”

“Don't you dare!!!” Kyuhyun retorted, throwing a chocolate at the other as Ryeowook got up from the table, shrugging dramatically.

“Can't be helped I guess.” he grinned, quickly making his way to the exit.

Kyuhyun caught up with Ryeowook as he stepped back out into the night, this time not taking no for an answer when he placed his jacket around the smallers shoulders. He retook Ryeowook's hand in his own, slowing down their pace to a light stroll.

“Oh! Did I tell you they're thinking of bringing Steel Samurai to the big screen? It sounds pretty interesting but I don't know if I trust them to really do it justice... what?” he stopped, confused as Ryeowook laughed lightly beside him.

“I don't know – I guess its just the fact we spent all night in the food hall and now we're discussing the Steel Samurai of all things.”

“Is...is that bad?” Kyuhyun asked, voice wavering slightly as Ryeowook shrugged.

“No. Not really – I guess its just not really the kind of date I'm used to, it doesn't really feel like one...”

Kyuhyun blushed, not looking up from his feet. “I just figured we already know each other really well and you're normally so shy in new situations that it would be nice to just do something where we could just sit and be together. Also, I'm a poor music student and didn't want to risk getting Donghae to take us somewhere nice off campus just to have him crash our date.” he added, chuckling afterwards.

Ryeowook looked up at him, small smile on his face while he squeezed his hand lightly.

“That's... pretty adorable.” Ryeowook replied, pressing a quick peck to Kyuhyun's cheek as the other looked over at him, relieved smile on his face.

“I promise next time you'll have the most romantic experience of your life!!” Kyuhyun cheered, Ryeowook laughing as they finally reached their building. “So... wanna go to your room and maybe make out for awhile?”

“Of course not.” Ryeowook replied. “Heechul is probably still in there waiting – we should go to yours and just kick out Donghae like he did with you.”

Kyuhyun laughed, pressing a chaste kiss to Ryeowook's lips.

“Lead the way.”

 

---

 

U looked super cute 2day btw – ur hair looked rly pretty with the scarf :)

Ryeowook snorted, staring at the text he'd received just as he'd returned to his own [thankfully empty] room.

Thanks Kyu~ you know you text like a straight guy though, all you're missing is the 'ahaha and then what ;)'

KIM RYEOWOOK I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE OFFENDED IN MY LIFE OH MY GOD