21.

College Experiences

Ryeowook was finally done with his chromatic harmony paper, complete after weeks poured into the difficult subject when a sharp knock came from outside his door. Seeing that the time was a little past eleven he figured it had to be Yesung wanting to discuss something with him, moving quickly across the room to open the door.

Instead he came face to face with Kyuhyun, laptop with a bunch of tangled cables under one arm and pillow in the other, sheepish smile on his face.

“Kyuhyun...?”

“I come seeking shelter.”

Quietly Ryeowook let the other into his room, watching as the other placed his laptop gently on the desk before he flopped onto the bed.

“Shelter from what exactly?” Ryeowook asked, shutting the door with a click.

“Hae went out on a date tonight and decided to bring his girlfriend back to our room. Surprisingly he wasn't impressed with the idea of me staying with them in the corner of the room with my laptop, so I've come here instead.” Kyuhyun sighed, rolling off the side of the bed to land with his pillow on the floor. “I texted you a bunch by the way, you never answered though so I took my chances.”

“Really? I guess my phone is still on silent...” Ryeowook replied, stepping over Kyuhyun to where it sat on the table. “I was working on that chromatic assignment so I never noticed.”

“Oh!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, sitting upright to look at him properly. “If you're still working on it I can go annoy Yesung until he lets me in.”

“No its fine! I was just putting the finishing touches on it – besides I'd just feel bad if you got kicked out twice in one night.” Ryeowook laughed.

"You're a true friend.” Kyuhyun drawled, using his pillow to hit the laughing boy as Ryeowook jumped back over him, flopping onto his bed to look down at Kyuhyun.

“It can be like one of those high school sleepovers, except with less sugar and screaming.” Ryeowook smiled, batting away Kyuhyun's pillow attack.

“Well I may not have sugar with me, but I have tons of great two player games we can scream at each other about.” Kyuhyun teased, Ryeowook rolling his eyes at him.

“You know I at video games.”

“Buuuuuuuuut the new fight street game just added the pink prince--”

“Pass me the goddamn controller Cho.” Ryeowook immediately stated, sliding down onto the ground beside the other. “I'm going to kick your .”

 

---

 

The pair spent the night in a make-shift pillow fort quietly [after Yesung had yelled at them through the door to shut the hell up] competitively playing through a number of random video games, Ryeowook surprising himself at how much he was enjoying it, even if he was just button mashing a majority of the time - despite Kyuhyuns protests it totally was a legitimate strategy. Eventually Ryeowook glanced up at his clock, gasping loudly.

“It's 1am!!!”

“1am isn't that late.” Kyuhyun whined, watching with a pout as Ryeowook ended the game. “I was winning...”

“You're always winning.” Ryeowook retorted, pushing himself off the floor with a groan, grabbing the pile of blankets and smoothing them back out over the bed. Quickly he slid under the warm covers, sighing happily before he looked back at Kyuhyun, trying to make himself comfortable on the floor.

“Kyu are you going to get up here or what?”

“E-Excuse me!?” the taller stuttered, face slowly turning red.

“How are you going to ever get any sleep on the floor, there's room for both of us just get up here!” Ryeowook exclaimed, frowning down at the taller boy.

“I...I can manage.”

“That's ridiculous.”

“It is not.”

“It is! You don't even have a blanket down there you !”

Kyuhyun froze, frowning as he struggled to come up with another argument against the idea. With a roll of his eyes Ryeowook shot forward, grabbing onto Kyuhyun's pillow and quickly tugging it out from under him. Kyuhyun barely managed to grab the end of the pillow case, trying to tug it back to his chest.

“Just...let...go...idiot.” Ryeowook growled, wrestling the pillow out of Kyuhyun's grip with a triumphant grin. Sticking his tongue out he waited until Kyuhyun finally got up, crawling into the bed beside him before he handed the pillow back smugly.

“See? Not the end of the world.” he sung, leaning over the startled Kyuhyun to turn off the light.

“Right...” Kyuhyun muttered, thankful for the darkness to cover his beet-red cheeks. "So how did you enjoy your impromptu sleepover?"

"Just how I remember from high school." Ryeowook yawned.

"You must've missed out on the nonsense that was truth or dare then, that game is essential for a truly authentic experience."

Ryeowook snorted. "Fine, I choose dare."

"Okay then, go knock on Yesungs door and make it back here without being spotted." Kyuhyun smirked, the smaller letting out a whine.

"But I'm tiiired - come up with a dare I can do without getting out from under the blankets or I'm switching to truth."

"I guess we're playing truth or truth then." Kyuhyun laughed, shaking his head in amusement. "Okay then...if you could take one person with you to a deserted island, who is it and why would it be me?"

Ryeowook laughed quietly. "Of course I would take you, I would need someone to have around to do all the manual labour while I relaxed on the beach."

"...On second thought you can take Sungmin."

"Great idea! The both of us can hang out while you work."

"Just ask me your question." Kyuhyun grumbled, frowning as Ryeowook shook from laughter beside him. When the smaller boy caught his breath he paused, looking up at the ceiling in thought.

"Uuuuummm...how old were you when you had your first kiss?"

"I was like 10ish" Kyuhyun replied easily, amused smile crossing his face as he looked at his tired friend through the darkness.

"So since you went all personal on me--"

"I'm tired its all I could think of." Ryeowook interrupted, mumbling into his pillow.

"--what was your first kiss like?"

Ryeowook looked up from his pillow in thought before he frowned. "Awkward, he hit my nose so hard I cried...don't laugh!" he exclaimed sluggishly, hitting Kyuhyuns chest lightly.

"I'm laughing because its cute I promise." Kyuhyun snorted, grinning as Ryeowook grumbled under his breath. "Your turn."

"Do you have a crush on anyone?" Ryeowook eventually mumbled, words slurred as he started to nod off.

Kyuhyun's heart stopped, in a breath as he looked up at the ceiling. This was his big chance, and although he wasn't sure how Ryeowook would react, after their kiss at the party he figured he stood more of a chance now than he did before then.

Letting out a shaky breath Kyuhyun rolled over to face the other boy, smiling at the scene that awaited him. Ryeowook had finally drifted off, curled up on the pillow beside him fast asleep. Kyuhyun let out a breathy chuckle, brushing away the smaller boys fringe gently.

"I like you idiot." he whispered, pressing a soft peck against Ryeowooks forehead. The smaller boy wiggled slightly in his sleep, whining gently before he settled once again beside Kyuhyun, head now resting on Kyuhyuns shoulder.

When Kyuhyun managed to fall asleep in the early hours of the morning Ryeowook was wrapped loosely in his arms, unconcious smile across his face.

It was probably the best he had ever slept.