24.

College Experiences

Heechul was making quite the scene, sobbing dramatically as he threw his arms around Ryeowook.

“My favourite child will be so far away all winter I'm going to miss you so muuuuuuuch!!!” he blubbered, Ryeowook looking over his shoulder bewildered.

“Heechul you are an idiot.” Sungmin sighed, sending his friend a sympathetic smile from where he was seated below them on the icy steps outside the Atkins dorm building.

“Chul would you get off the kid.” Yesung added, shaking his head as he joined Sungmin. Twisting his upper body around the eldest turned to glare down at the pair on the steps angrily, refusing to let go of the smaller boy in his arms.

“You two will be dropped to being my two least favourites if you keep this disrespectful attitude up!”

“I'm dying on the inside.” Sungmin drawled, Ryeowook chuckling as his friends argued.

“Heechul for the last time would you get off my boyfriend.” Kyuhyun sighed as he exited the dorm building, dropping his suitcase and moving to untangle the smaller boy out of Heechul's arms, pulling Ryeowook into his own once he was free.

“I thought you were supposed to be saving me.” Ryeowook teased, winding his own arms around Kyuhyun's torso.

“Hey I'm just being an amazing boyfriend and keeping you warm – you're welcome.” Kyuhyun replied, smiling as Ryeowook leant further into his arms, listening to the trio continuing to bicker behind them.

“Where's Donghae?”

“Kim Ryeowook, are you thinking of another guy while I'm holding you!?” Kyuhyun asked in mock anger.

“I cant help that he's so dreamy~” Ryeowook teased, smiling as Kyuhyun tightened his arms around him.

“You're so meeaaannnn.” the taller whined, Ryeowook laughing as he pressed a kiss his cheek. “Hae left earlier this morning, told me to tell you merry christmas and thank you for the delicious cookies. Undeserved cookies in my humble opinion.”

Ryeowook snorted. “He had to put up with you the entire year, he deserved more than just one plate of cookies.”

“At least you didn't give Changmin any.” Kyuhyun frowned. “I refuse to let him taste any of your baking after the frisbee incident.”

“Oh my god Kyu you need to let that go – it only hurt for like a week.”

“A week too long!” Kyuhyun argued.

“You're lucky you're so pretty.” Ryeowook sighed, shaking his head lightly. “Because you're an idiot.”

Before Kyuhyun could manage to put together a reply, pink lightly staining his cheeks, Sungmin's loud laugh came from behind them.

“So when are you two lovebirds heading out?”

This time Ryeowook was the one who was pink, shoving his face into Kyuhyun's chest with a whine of Sungmin's name.

“We're just waiting for my sister to show up, she said she was five minutes away when I was coming out here.” Kyuhyun answered.

The pair had decided to spend the christmas week together, Kyuhyun's home much closer to the college compared to where Ryeowook's hometown was, making it easier for him to get home through the busy roads the week after for new years. Kyuhyun had been ecstatic for the past week and a half, list a mile long of activities for them to do together only growing by the hour.

A few minutes later a shiny black car pulled up to the curb, young woman waving wildly at the group as the boot popped open. Kyuhyun unwound himself from Ryeowook, waving calmly at the car before reaching to grab both their suitcases.

“Kyuhyun no give me my sui--”

“Wook I don't want to hear it!” Kyuhyun quickly cut the other off. “I've got this don't worry.” he winked, before he started his struggle down the slippery steps. Ryeowook just sighed, letting the other three watch happily beside him before Yesung threw him an amused smile.

“At least he's trying.” he laughed, Ryeowook nodding in defeat.

“I'll see you guys next semester then?”

“Don't do anything I wouldn't do!!” Heechul shouted, jumping from his seat on the steps to give Ryeowook one last hug.

“Well that isn't a long list is it?” Sungmin added, sticking his tongue out as Heechul him, winking at a giggling Ryeowook. Nodding to Yesung Ryeowook followed the path Kyuhyun had made in the snow down the steps, waving awkwardly to the woman in the drivers seat as he approached the car.

He headed around the back, finding Kyuhyun trying to shove the last of their luggage in the space, sagging against the back of the car when it was finally complete.

“You okay?”

“Yeah...yeah...god I need to start lifting weights or something if I'm going to keep carrying your stuff around.” Kyuhyun panted, laughing as Ryeowook hit him lightly on the shoulder. “You nervous?”

“Uhh that would be the understatement of the year.” Ryeowook replied, Kyuhyun's smile turning sympathetic.

“Guess what.” Kyuhyun whispered, leaning down to press their lips together in a sweet kiss. “My family is going to love you just as much as I do.”

Ryeowook felt himself turn bright red as he hid his face in his hands, whining while Kyuhyun just laughed harder, closing the boot and happily tugging his boyfriend into the car after him.

“Ooohhhh hes as cute as you said Hyunnie.” Kyuhyun's sister immediately cooed, grinning at the tem as they settled in the back seat.

“Its good to see you too Ahra.” Kyuhyun replied sarcastically, getting a light glare from the woman in the front, Ryeowook peeking out of his hands to manage a small hello. “Besides, you better back off because he is my cutie.”

“Kyu oh my god!!!”

Ahra laughed as she started the car, Ryeowook turning to face the window and grumpily wave at the trio still on the steps.

“Hey.” Kyuhyun whispered, Ryeowook turning to face him with a scowl.

“I love you” he grinned, watching as Ryeowook's scowl melted into an embarrassed flush.

“I love you too.”

 

------

finally after all this time the main story is complete! thankyou all of you for sticking with me over the months that its taken me to get this thing done. i've absolutely adored writing this universe, and all your kind words each chapter have meant alot to me!
i'm not actually going to make this as complete yet - i have plans to write a couple of bonus chapters of kyuwook spending their christmas week together + maybe a snapshot of their second year in a couple of weeks, so please look forward to that ^^
more important than anything though, please check out this adorable fanart sweetheart strawberry-rinny drew for the party chapter!!! because it is perfect and i love it alot!!! <3