17.

College Experiences

“Gather round es, I've got an announcement to make!” a loud voice rang out from the front of the stage, blonde grinning from where he stood.

“It's time once again for Kim Heechul's ultimate birthday party, so I suggest you all keep Saturday open if you don't want to face my wrath at the next club meeting – you better be there if you want to keep your king happy.” he smirked, before waving his hand casually. “Now get out of here, you're all dismissed.”

Sungmin laughed, watching the group tiredly leave the hall before turning back to Ryeowook, watching amused as he frantically gathered his stuff. “What's with the rush? You got a date you need to get to?”

“NO.” Ryeowook shouted, blushing as some of the others turned to look at him curiously. “No just – I don't really do parties, so I have to get out of here before Heechul manages to catch me an--”

“And what my dear Wookie?” A voice asked from behind him, dripping with sweetness as the boy in question threw his arm around the youngers shoulders.

“Uhh... and, well... ummmm...” Ryeowook spluttered, looking at Sungmin desperately for help, pouting as his friend just laughed at him while Heechul dragged him to the door.

“Its vital that you attend my party Wookie! How can I have a birthday party without my favourite freshman in attendance!?”

Ryeowook blushed, refusing to look Heechul in the eyes before he finally sagged in defeat. “Can I bring a friend with me?”

“Wook you could bring the entire music department with you if it meant you'd actually show up! Now that's finally been taken care of, I'll see you both later!” Heechul grinned, leaving Ryeowook frowning, Sungmin laughing at his facial expression.

“Try not to stress 'kay? I'll be there if needed and I'm sure that Kyuhyun kid will come with you.”

Ryeowook gave him a tired nod, leaving Sungmin outside his dorm with a wave before climbing the stairs to the now familiar dormroom.

He knocked quietly, shuffling coming from inside before the door swung open to reveal a dishevelled Donghae.

“Ryeowook! Looking for Kyu I presume?” he smiled, moving to let Ryeowook into the small room. Across from where they stood Kyuhyun was sat at his computer, completely focused on the game in front of him. “You hear about that big party Heechul's having this weekend?” the older asked.

“It's why I'm here actually” he replied, Donghae chuckling as he moved to settle back between the piles of papers on his bed.

“Good luck getting him to agree to go then – I've been trying all the past week with no results.”

With a nervous smile Ryeowook walked over to the distracted boy, tapping his shoulder gently. Kyuhyun almost jumped out of his seat, spinning in his chair with a hand against his chest, Donghae laughing loudly from behind Ryeowook. He scowled at the older boy before finally looking up at Ryeowook, scowl melting into a friendly smile.

“Wook you scared the out of me!”

“Sorry...” he mumbled.

“Its fine – I guess our friendship will survive at least one more day!” Kyuhyun teased, chuckling as Ryeowook glared down at him half heartedly. “So what do I owe to your pleasant company?”

“So... uhh, you know that party Kim Heechul is having?”

“Yeah?”

“Well – he demanded that I go because I'm his favourite in theatre club but I'm really nervous about going and stuff, but he said I could bring someone with me and I'd feel more comfortable if you were there so I was wondering if you wanted to come? Not that you have to I mean if you didn't thats perfectly fine as well it would just be awesome if you'd be there with me.” Ryeowook rambled nervously, Kyuhyun looking up at him bewildered.

“Okay so – if I understood that you're asking me to go to Heechul's party?”

“Yes.”

Kyuhyun paused, pretending to be in deep in thought before a bright smile crossed his face. “Okay!”

“Okay!?” Donghae cried.

“Really?” Ryeowook asked.

“Of course, why are you two so shocked?”

“You said you wouldn't go when I asked...” Donghae pouted.

“That's because I know you'll ditch me the second a pretty girl looked your way – at least with Wook I know I'll have someone to suffer with.” Kyuhyun teased, easily deflecting the pillow the elder threw at his head.

“Thank you so much.” Ryeowook smiled, Kyuhyun grinning happily as the smaller boy bent down to grab the pillow.

“I'll meet you at your dorm Saturday night so we can head over together?”

“Yeah! Thanks Kyu!” Ryeowook replied, handing back Donghae's pillow with a smile. He gave a final wave before heading back out the door, stifling an embarrassed laugh as he caught Donghae mumbling about Kyuhyun being 'totally whipped.'

 

---

 

Saturday came around faster than Ryeowook wanted, the nervous boy pacing in the corridor outside his room dressed in the only outfit he had that Sungmin had deemed 'party worthy.' Eventually Kyuhyun came down the stairs, dressed in tight leather pants and dark black eye liner heavily applied around his eyes.

“Don't ask... Donghae got a hold of me.” the taller grumbled, light blush gracing his cheeks as Ryeowook stared up at him. “C'mon, lets get moving.” he sighed as the pair headed out into the chilly night, Ryeowook's nerves increasing the closer they got to the house, thumping music growing louder. When they finally reached the house people were spread out everywhere, bodies spilling out of the crowded building and into the large front garden.

“Ready?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I have to be if I want to be able to face Heechul ever again.” Ryeowook sighed. “You're going to stay with me right?”

“I'll be right with you every step of the way.” Kyuhyun nodded, gaze serious as he followed Ryeowook into the house.

It was even more crowded inside than it looked from the outside, people everywhere as they weaved through the hall and into the main room. The music was almost deafening, the pair squashed up against each other as they looked around the room. They eventually found themselves pushed into one of the corners of the room, barely getting a conversation out over the noise before a body threw itself onto Ryeowook.

Kyuhyun looked ready to rip the person off of him when Ryeowook realised just who was hugging him, rolling his eyes affectionately as he pushed Sungmin upright.

“You came!!!” Sungmin shouted, grinning as he gave Ryeowook a once over. “And you wore the outfit I chose for you!”

Ryeowook nodded, voice not quite loud enough to carry over the noise.

“Nice to see you too Kyuhyun.” Sungmin continued, Kyuhyun giving him a curt nod. “I'll go find Heechul – he's been looking everywhere for you. There's drinks in the kitchen and it's a bit quieter if you wanted to talk while I find him!”

With a wave Sungmin disappeared back into the crowd, Kyuhyun gesturing to the door Sungmin had mentioned. With a nod from the other he turned and started to push through the crowd, Ryeowook trailing behind him until the smaller froze, throwing himself forward to hide behind Kyuhyun's back.

The taller turned, miming to ask what was wrong but Ryeowook quickly shook his head, pushing the other forward as his eye caught someone else's wide ones across the room. He shoved them into the kitchen, empty as the door slid shut to muffle the music slightly, Kyuhyun turning to look at the smaller questioningly.

“You okay?”

“My ex is here...I think he saw us.” Ryeowook mumbled, Kyuhyun's eyebrows shooting up in surprise as Ryeowook moved to peek through the door.

“I'm sorry - what?” Kyuhyun choked out.

“My ex boyfriend... craphesheadingtowardsus.” Ryeowook breathed, panic rushing through him as the other boy clearly pushed through the crowd toward the door he was currently hid behind. He stepped back towards the taller boy, biting his lip as he looked up at the bewildered Kyuhyun.

“D-Do you trust me?”

“Wook what is happeni--”

“Do you?” Ryeowook pressed, gaze flicking worriedly between Kyuhyun and the closed door.

“Yeah, of course I do.” Kyuhyun replied, looking down at his friend concerned.

“Okay, promise not to hate me then...”

Before Kyuhyun could ask what he meant Ryeowook had a hold of his shirt collar, pulling the taller boy down towards him before roughly connecting their lips. Kyuhyun's eyes widened in shock, stock still as Ryeowook pressed himself up against him, moving to carefully wind his arms around his neck. He stood there, unsure of what to do before he felt Ryeowook move to deepen the kiss slightly, tongue sliding against his closed lips.

With a groan Kyuhyun's eyes slipped shut, opening his mouth to respond to the kiss with more eagerness than he would ever admit. He barely heard the door open behind them, rough voice calling Ryeowook's name as Kyuhyun slipped his arms around the smaller mans waist, trying to bring the other closer.

He could feel the stranger standing just behind them, heated stare on his back before he finally heard the door open once more, the stranger moving back into the crowded room.

With the person gone their kiss lasted a few more moments before Ryeowook began to pull away, Kyuhyun following his lips subconsciously before they finally broke apart, breathing heavily.

“Wook... what...” Kyuhyun mumbled, still holding Ryeowook in his arms as the smaller man turned a dark scarlet. Before Ryeowook could respond the kitchen door burst open, loud voices filling the room as they jumped apart, quickly trying to untangle themselves.

“The birthday boy is here and ready to see his favouri-- oh my god.” Heechul paused, staring at the two blushing boys stood across from him. “I cannot BELIEVE this – my own son who I raised from birth acting out against me, obviously making out with his weird tall friend in the kitchen; what are the neighbours going to think!?” he cried, throwing himself back dramatically into Sungmin's arms.

“Do you want me to ask?” Sungmin huffed, trying to hold Heechul upright.

“No...” Ryeowook whispered, refusing to look up from his shoes.

“Then we're leaving.” Sungmin smiled, pushing a whining Heechul back out the door. “He's too drunk to really remember anything, so your secret is safe with me Wookie.” Sungmin winked, getting a grateful smile from Ryeowook before looking over at the awkward boy beside him.

“Watch yourself Cho, I'll have you know I'm a black belt.”

Kyuhyun nodded, watching shocked as the two older boys disappeared out the door as quickly as they'd appeared.

“So what, uhh, what was that?” Kyuhyun squeaked, watching as the smaller awkwardly played with the hem of his shirt.

“Y-Youngwoon was never really one for words, and every time I see him he tries to proposition me – I-I panicked and it was the only thing I could think of to avoid him... I-I'm s-sorry if I've made you u-uncomfor--”

“NO!! No its okay!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, cutting off the others quiet apology. “Its totally okay Wook, I understand. I said I trusted you, so it's fine... I'm fine.” he trailed off quietly.

Finally Ryeowook looked back up at him, face still tinged a dark shade of pink and relieved smile on his face.

“Thank you for being such an amazing person Kyu. I don't know what I'd do without you.”

Kyuhyun just flushed a darker shade of red, unable to quiet the pounding inside his chest.

 

----

please check out this adorable fanart sweetheart strawberry-rinny drew for the party scene!!! because it is perfect and i love it alot!!! :^)