5.

College Experiences

Kyuhyun watched as the clock ticked over to 12, breathing out a sigh of relief as finally, the professor dismissed the class. Almost immediately the rest of the students began to filter out of the classroom, relaxed smile spreading across Kyuhyun's face in excitement for the weekend that had finally arrived.

Hurrying to finish packing his things Kyuhyun was more than eager to return to his dorm room for the rest of the sunny afternoon, ready to have some time for just himself and starcraft before Donghae's classes were over and he was forced to constantly entertain the other boy.

Not that Kyuhyun hated his roommate - it was just that sometimes the older boy was a little to full on for him to deal with when he was bored.

When he was finally outside the music building he looked around, lazily deciding to head across the large stretch of grass between the back of the building and the end of the housing road. His smile turned peaceful as he soaked in the sunlight, barely noticing the other people rushing past him.

Eventually he reached the large brick building, entering the main hall and quickly changing paths from him room to the main common area, reminding himself to grab a drink and steal borrow some of Donghae's precious chocolate before locking himself up for the afternoon. Whistling happily he dropped his backpack to the side of the main door, big room completely empty, as he made his way into the kitchen. It wasn't until Kyuhyun had the fridge open, carefully balancing a drink in one hand and his [totally not stolen] chocolate in the other that he heard an oddly muffled screech come from somewhere down the hallway.

Frowning Kyuhyun closed the fridge with his hip, putting his food on the counter before heading out into the hallway to hopefully find the source of the weird noise. From his position beside the door frame he strained his ears, listening carefully when he picked up the quiet murmur of voices coming from the direction of the computer room, as another odd screech rang out.

Jogging down to the closed door he pressed his ear against it, making out that there was only one voice coming from inside the room, curses still muffled slightly by the thick door. When a loud beeping started up inside curiosity finally got the best of him, Kyuhyun opening the door slightly to peek inside

Just past the door he could make out Ryeowook clearly stood in front of the printer, glaring hatefully at the machine as it beeped furiously.

"Pleeeeaaaaaaasse just stop this!! What the hell is wrong with you, you stupid machine!?!?" Ryeowook whined, glare intensifying as the printer just beeped louder in response.

Feeling sorry for the smaller boy Kyuhyun finally pushed the door open fully, walking quickly into the room and moving to hold down the printers power button. After a few seconds the room finally fell in silence, quick sigh of relief coming from Kyuhyun as he turned to face Ryeowook, the other clearly avoiding his gaze, embarrassed.

"...having problems?"

Ryeowook let out an unamused chuckle. "You can say that - this stupid hunk of metal refuses to print my assignment! And I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong." he stated, gaze flickering back to glare again at the machine.

"Yeah I've heard Donghae - uhh, my roommmate - complain about how finicky this thing tends to get... you want me to give it a try? I'm pretty good when it comes to tech stuff."

"Please." Ryeowook replied, looking up at Kyuhyun with a relived smile while the other busied himself with the printer, fighting the stubborn blush from rising as he fiddled with various settings. "If I had to deal with the stupid beeping one more time I would've lost my mind."

Kyuhyum smiled, turning back to face the other boy. "If it makes you feel any better according to Donghae Jongwoon once spent a full day trying to get it working only to find out he just had to hand in his essay online."

"That doesn't surprise me at all." Ryeowook snorted, eyes twinkling with amusement. "He's a perfectly fine RA but the second you leave Jongwoon alone with anything disaster strikes - did you know I let him borrow my phone to make a call once and he handed it back to me with next to no battery? He had it for like five minutes! I still don't understand how he managed it."

"He's a technology vampire, there's no other explanation!" Kyuhyun laughed.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you were right at this point, we should test that theory out one day..."

"You're much more vocal and unfiltered when you're frustrated, I like it." Kyuhyun smirked, watching Ryeowook immediately flushed a familiar pink. "Now-" he sighed, moving away from the printer to sit in front of the computer, Ryeowook leaning over shoulder intently. "If I'm right this should print just fine, fingers crossed."

Smiling as Ryeowook held up his crossed fingers Kyuhyun clicked the print button, both boys turning to lok at the printer with bated breath. It was silent for a moment before the printer finally whirred to life, immediately starting to print.

Exhaling Ryeowook gave Kyuhyun a light pat on the shoulder, smiling down at the other boy in relief. "Thank god you showed up, I don't know what I would've done with you Kyuhyun!"

"No problemo!" Kyuhyun replied, getting up with a grin and heading towards the door. "I'm more than happy to help whenever you're in need dear citizen~!"

With Ryeowooks snort [and a nod of thanks] Kyuhyun headed back down the hallway before he rushed back a second later, poking his head back into the room.

"Oh! Feel free to just call me Kyu by the way! Everyone else does." he grinned, leaving a bewildered Ryeowook behind.

 

...

 

Sunday evening Kyuhyun was camped out in front of his monitor, mouth filled with chocolate as he frantically clicked at his game.

"Do you ever give that thing a brea-- what the hell! Are you seriously eating my chocolate again!?"

"...no." Kyuhyun mumbled, pausing the game to turn and face the older boy, pout adorning his face. With one glance Donghae groaned, flopping back onto his bed across the room from Kyuhyun.

"I hate you so much who is it so hard to stay annoyed at you..."

Kyuhyun gave him a happy smile, swallowing the chocolate in his mouth before turning his focus back to his game. "It's because I'm adorably amazing my dear Hae, you love me too much to ever be mad at me... on a completely unrelated note though, you should think about buying more white chocolate next time, it totally tastes better."

Before Donghae could manage any sort of reply, flabbergasted look on his face, a frantic knocking came from their door. The both looked at each other, fierce mental argument between them as to who was going to get up when a small panicked voice filtered through the door.

"Kyuhyu-- uhh, Kyu?? I need your help! Jongwoon decided to borrow my laptop and now it won't turn on!!"

Wide eyed Kyuhyun jumped from his seat, rushing to open the door while Donghae watched on, understanding rushing through him him as he waved casually to the unfamiliar boy who was pulled through the room by Kyuhyun to sit on the others bed.

"First things first, after we fix this thing we're going to put an end to Kim Jongwoons tech-killing ways once and for all, you with me?"

At the other boys serious nod, gaze focused entirely on Kyuhyun, Donghae just watched them, amused at just how enthusiastic Kyuhyun tended to act towards his new friend.