26.

College Experiences

a very kyuwook christmas, part two.

 

A sudden pressure on his stomach woke Ryeowook the next morning, groaning as Kyuhyun nearly jumped completely on top of him. Groaning he tried to roll away from the other boy, shoving his head back under the pillow after he glanced at the time.

“Kyu its like six am let me sleep...”

“But its Christmas!!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, dragging Ryeowook back out from where he was trying to ignore him. “Now is not the time to be sleeping!!”

Glaring at his boyfriend Ryeowook was confused as to how someone so adamant about sleeping in could be so awake – normally Ryeowook had to physically drag him downstairs if it was before eleven, now he was acting more like an overexcited puppy.

“Just zip it for five more minutes, no one is going to be awake anywa--”

Before Ryeowook could finish his sentence loud thumps came from the hallway outside, before someone started banging on the bedroom door.

“Loser and Ryeowook its Christmas!! So hurry your butts downstairs if you want presents!!!!” Ahra shouted through the door, the pair listening as her footsteps descend the stairs. Facing Kyuhyun's triumphant grin Ryeowook just sighed, rolling out of the bed sleepily.

“Your parents are saints putting up with the both of you.” he mumbled, sleepily shrugging on one of Kyuhyun's warmer jumpers as the taller boy laughed. He pressed a gentle kiss to Ryeowook's lips, grinning as he dragged him down the stairs towards the living room. Both of Kyuhyun's parents were already seated, Kyuhyun's mum handing Ryeowook a steaming cup of tea as he settled beside her with a sleepy good morning.

Ahra and Kyuhyun were like madmen as they attacked their presents, Ryeowook watching on amusedly as they argued over even the smallest of things, wrapping paper flying everywhere. (Ahra was even impressed with the bath set he had picked out for her, until Kyuhyun declared that they'd bought the gift because she smelled, the argument ending with Kyuhyun yelling for mercy from the headlock she managed to put him in.)

“Don't worry about them, its like this every year.” Kyuhyun's father sighed, shaking his head as his children continued to wrestle on the floor.

“How about you open the gift we got for you dear.” his mother added, handing over a beautifully wrapped present. Carefully Ryeowook tore through the paper, inhaling at the sight. Inside was a leather bound music book, pages empty and intricate engraving of golden notes on the cover.

“Its beautiful, thank you so much you really shouldn't have.”

“Nonsense!” the older woman exclaimed. “You're a part of this family now and you bought us a lovely present yourself, Kyuhyun was very proud helping us pick this out.”

Before Ryeowook could repeat his thanks a loud gasp interrupted them, trio turning back to the pair on the floor. There Kyuhyun sat, gazing lovingly down at the large box in his hands, Steel Samurai logo clearly displayed across the image of the figure on the front.

“Wha—how--I don't--” Kyuhyun blurted, looking up at Ryeowook bewilderedly before returning his attention back to the box, hugging it to his chest as he grinned madly.

“Such a nerd.” Ahra sighed, sending Ryeowook a happy wink as she stood up, moving around the room to clean up the mess of wrapping paper that now surrounded them. From beside him Kyuhyun's mother also stood,patting Ryeowook's shoulder with a smile.

“I'm going to go start some breakfast for everyone.” she declared as she moved out of the room, Kyuhyun's father following her into the kitchen, chuckling at his son.

As soon as the door closed on them Kyuhyun threw himself at Ryeowook on the couch, wrapping his arms around the smaller boys torso in a tight hug.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.” he muttered, pressing kisses across Ryeowook's cheeks while the smaller boy laughed, Ahra snorting from the corner.

“So lame nerdKyu... have fun with him Wookie.” she smirked as she ran up the stairs, Ryeowook flushing bright red. With a whine he buried himself against Kyuhyun's chest, barely hearing Kyuhyun's reply – although from Kyuhyun's laugh it seemed to be just as embarrassing as Ryeowook thought it was.

“C'mon Wook she's gone, you need to let go so I can give you my present.” Kyuhyun teased, leaning to grab the small present left on the coffee table. “For you.” he proudly stated, Ryeowook taking it with a smile.

“...Kyuhyun seriously?” Ryeowook laughed, reading the title scrawled across the top of the CD. “'All Wook's favourite hits made better by the greatest singer ever Cho Kyuhyun'?”

Kyuhyun looked incredibly pleased with himself, smiling brightly. “Now you can hear me singing to you whenever you want! Now open the second one.” he urged, watching expectantly as Ryeowook opened the small box.

Inside lay a small golden pendant in the shape of a treble clef, small diamonds lining the bottom part of the necklace. As Ryeowook unwound the thin gold chain he felt the tears start to well up in his eyes, choking on his overwhelming emotions as Kyuhyun carefully took the necklace from his hands, fastening it around the smaller boys neck.

When he was done Kyuhyun gestured to his own neck, silver musical note laying against his collarbone. “See? We're a pair.” he smiled warmly.

Immediately Ryeowook threw himself back at Kyuhyun, pressing their lips together in a deep kiss.

“Thank you.” he whispered when they finally broke apart, Kyuhyun just pulling him back into a tight hug.

 

---

 

“How about you start preparing the vegetables while I get the meat and other sides ready?”

“Yes ma'am!” Ryeowook replied, starting on the potatoes as the older woman moved around behind him, starting the preparation for their christmas dinner.

“Hyunnie told us you were a rather good cook, but I didn't expect you would be willing to give up playing video games with him to help. When he was little he burnt half the things I would get him to help me with just so I'd leave him alone.”

Ryeowook laughed. “Did he tell you he nearly set our dorm building on fire trying to cook noodles?”

“CHO KYUHYUN DID YOU SET YOUR BUILDING ON FIRE!?” she yelled, muffled curse coming from behind the door to the living room.

“ONE MINOR MISTAKE! IT WAS JUST A LOT OF SMOKE!” Kyuhyun called, the woman just shaking her head in defeat.

“What am I ever going to do with that boy...at least he's enjoying himself, this is the most excited I've seen him in a long time.” she sighed.

“As long as I've known Kyu he been a bundle of energy and excitement.”

The older woman just smiled. “I'm happy to hear that – Hyunnie was a quiet one during high school, he tended to focus on studying than making and spending time with friends.”

“Really?” Ryeowook questioned, looking up from his chopping board in shock. “I don't think I can even picture him like that.”

“Although his father means well he's always been rather strict when it came to Kyuhyun. From what I understood Hyunnie struggled to find friends who treated him as an individual rather than the son of some big CEO, so he ended up spending most of his time at home with Ahra.” she quietly explained. “I'll admit I was worried about him when he left for college, but then he started talking about you and he sounded so genuinely happy...”

“He has a lot of friends.” Ryeowook gently added, sending the woman a small smile. “He has a lot of people who care about him – he's become a sort of golden child, his room mate and our RA in particular absolutely adore him.”

Kyuhyun's mother just smiled, moving across the kitchen to pull Ryeowook into a warm hug. “Thank you for take care of him Ryeowook, it's good to know someone like you is beside him.”

 

---

 

After the family dinner Kyuhyun all but dragged Ryeowook out the house, barely stopping for the smaller boy to slip on his jacket and a scarf before they were out the front door with a wave, Ahra calling for them to have fun as they hit the pavement.

“What is the big rush!?” Ryeowook asked, trying to clumsily button his jacket with his wrist still in Kyuhyun's grip.

“We need to hurry and get there before sun sets, trust me.” he replied mysteriously, refusing to give Ryeowook any more details. “Trust me Wook, you're going to love it.”

“Mmmkay, if you say so.” Ryeowook just sighed, following along without resistance as they winded along the neighbourhood sidewalks. A short walk later they finally arrived at the local park, Kyuhyun pulling him towards the fountain in the centre. There was a small crowd of people already gathered around in the area, Kyuhyun pulling him along so they're just to the side, clear view of their surroundings from where they stood.

As they stood Kyuhyun playfully would himself around Ryeowook from behind, shoving his face against the smallers neck.

“C-Cold you idiot!” Ryeowook shrieked, trying to wiggle himself away with a laugh.

Kyuhyun chuckled, breath warm in comparison against the side of Ryeowook's neck. “Thats why I need to use your scarf to warm my nose up!”

“While you warm yourself are you going to explain while we're here?”

“Nope!” Kyuhyun replied happily, hand moving from where they were wound around him to lift his chin to face straight ahead. “Just stay focused on the trees in front of us.”

As the sun finally set the park was completely plunged into the darkness that came just past dusk. The crowd hushed around them, Ryeowook growing more confused as they stood in silence. It was a few moments later that the lights finally began to flicker to life.

Like clockwork the trees in front of them began to twinkle, hues of reds and greens and golds illuminating the park around them until the entire park was covered in bright colours. Ryeowook gasped, drinking in the beauty that now surrounded him.

“Kyu this...this is gorgeous.” he breathed, walking them forward slowly so they were closer to the sea of colour.

“Not as gorgeous as you.”

Ryeowook snorted. “That was lame.”

“Hell yeah it was.” Kyuhyun laughed, grinning against his neck. “You like me for it anyway.”

“That I do” Ryeowook sighed, leaning back into Kyuhyun's arms as the taller boy started to hum softly in his ear.

When they'd completed a couple of circuits around the lights Kyuhyun unwound himself from Ryeowook, moving to face the smaller boy head on. “Wanna go look at some of the other lights in the area on the way home?”

Ryeowook nodded, pressing a quick kiss to Kyuhyun's cheek, taller boy blushing slightly.

“Thanks for sharing this with me.”

Kyuhyun just smiled, entwining their hands together as they left the park.

 

---

 

“I really don't understand why you have to be up so early packing.”

Ryeowook paused, looking at Kyuhyuns alarm clock before staring back down at Kyuhyun where he was sat on his bed. “First – its ten in the morning. Second – aren't you the one who why forcing me up at 6am Christmas morning!?”

“But presents!!” Kyuhyun whined, Ryeowook rolling his eyes with a smile as he went back to folding his clothes.

“My train is in like two hours, and if I don't pack now I'm going to have to get you to help. And god knows if that happens I'll never find anything ever again.”

“I for one, am offended by that very idea.” Kyuhyun huffed, rolling across the bed so he was right beside Ryeowooks bag, pout on his face as he looked up at his boyfriend. “This week wasn't long enough, we didn't get to do half of the stuff I have on my 'things to do' list!”

“Kyuhyun...you had things like 'go to space' on there.”

“You never know!!!”

The pair continued to argue until Ryeowook was fully pack an hour later, bags stacked neatly just beside Kyuhyuns bedroom door.

“Done!” Kyuhyun sighed, eyeing Ryeowook as he moved about his room. “What're you looking for?”

“My phone, I can't find it.” the smaller boy replied, searching his desk across the room. “...maybe I left it downstairs?”

“Maybe you left it on the bed?”

Ryeowook turned to face the bed, giving Kyuhyun a look when all he found was his boyfriend grinning up at him from his seat on the bed. “Really Kyu?”

Kyuhyun just shrugged. “You never know unless you look.”

With an amused smile Ryeowook fell back onto the bed, Kyuhyun pulling him into a hug before pressing their lips together. Almost automatically Ryeowook wrapped his arms around Kyuhyuns neck, smiling into the kiss before they broke apart.

“I don't think I see my phone...”

“What a shame.” Kyuhyun replied with a lazy smile, leaning back down to reconnect their lips. They're in the middle of said kiss, Kyuhyuns hands drifting to Ryeowooks hips when a sudden banging came from the bedroom door, pair jumping apart.

“Hey you two! Get your butts moving if you want Wookie to make his train on time!” Ahra shouted through the door, hitting the door once more before they heard her moving downstairs.

“This is why I'm the favourite child...” Kyuhyun grumbled as he got off the bed, pulling Ryeowook upright and moving to grab his bags.

“Wait! I didn't find my phone!”

Kyuhyun just reached into his jean pocket, pulling out the device. “Oh, looks like I had it the entire time, what are the odds!?” he grinned, Ryeowook hitting his shoulder as he stomped downstairs.

 

---

 

When Ryeowook got to the front door he was greeted by Kyuhyuns mother, the older woman pulling him into a tight hug goodbye.

“It was lovely to meet you my dear, it was my absolute pleasure to have you over.”

Ryeowook just smiled. “Thank you for having me!”

“When the school year starts up again make sure to come over with Kyuhyun whenever you want, you're always welcome at our dinner table.” she added, bright smile on her face as Ryeowook nodded against her shoulder.

“Of course, I would be honoured.”

With his agreement Ryeowook felt her arms tighten, moving to whisper into his ear. “I'm very proud that Hyunnie has someone as wonderful as you in his life, thank you for taking care of him.”

Ryeowook flushed an embarrassed red as he mumbled his thanks, Kyuhyun pulling them apart before his mother could embarrass him any further. Together the boys walked out the door to where Ahra was waiting in the drivers seat, Ryeowook waving once more to the woman standing by the door.

“Driver, to the station at once!” Kyuhyun demanded, Ahra giving him a dirty look in the mirror before turning to smile sweetly at Ryeowook.

“It's going to be hell managing him without you Wookie, what am I going to do!?” she sighed as she pulled out of the driveway, Ryeowook laughing as Kyuhyun made a face at the back of her head.

“I'm sure you'll survive.” he responded, the trio falling into a comfortable silence over the short trip.

When they arrived at the station Ahra popped the boot open, Kyuhyun climbing out immediately to grab Ryeowooks bags for him.

“Thanks Ahra.”

“No problemo~” she smiled. “We'll have to go get lunch or something when the new year hits to maintain our budding friendship.”

“Stop trying to corrupt my boyfriend!!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, Ryeowook giggling as Ahra gave him a wink.

“I'll see you soon then” he smiled, Kyuhyun grabbing his heart in mock pain.

“Nooo!!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, Ahra cackling as he shut the door on her. “I've been betrayed!”

“How will you ever live now, poor thing.”

Kyuhyun carried Ryeowooks bags as they got everything in order for the trip, train already sitting at the platform waiting for its departure in a few minutes. The train was half empty, small group of businessmen half filling the rows of the quiet train.

Carefully Kyuhyun helped Ryeowook inside, lifting his bags into the compartment above his seat before moving to exit the carriage, Ryeowook following him back out to say goodbye.

“This is going to be suuuper cheesy but I'm going to miss you a lot.” Kyuhyun finally said, giving Ryeowook a soft smile. “And you better let me come and visit you before break is over or I'm totally breaking up with you.”

“Always so dramatic.” Ryeowook teased, allowing himself to be pulled into Kyuhyuns strong arms.

“Hey, you love me for not only my dramatics but my boyish charm.”

“That I do.” Ryeowook sighed, willing himself not to cry as he curled himself into Kyuhyuns arms. “I'm going to miss you too – this week was one of the best ever.”

Kyuhyun leant down and pressed a chaste kiss to Ryeowooks lips, holding him close before the conductors loud whistle broke them apart.

Kyuhyun smiled. “Enough of being lame and cheesy – get your cute on that train and remember to text me when you get him safe.”

Ryeowook laughed as he untangled himself from the taller boy, hopping quickly back onto the train as the conductor made his final checks.

“Tell Ahra I love her!!” Ryeowook teased.

“Hah, Hah, Hah.” Kyuhyun replied mockingly as Ryeowook hurried back to his seat, the smaller boy sticking his tongue out at him.

Kyuhyun just made a face at him before making a heart with his hands as the train began to pull away, Ryeowook waving back at him until he disappeared.

 

Sent 2:01 > you call me cheesy and then you make a heart with your hands?!

Sent 2:03 > it was meant 2 b romantic ok – it was that or I chase the train down 2 tell u how I feel

Sent 2:04 > ...thank you for making a heart.

Sent 2:05 > ur welcome :P glad ur safe, I love u!!!!

 

-----

happy holidays everyone!!! thank you for supporting me across the year, here is my [very late orz] cute christmas-themed gift to you all <3 this monster is finally 100% complete, have a wonderful holiday time and good luck for the new year!!!!