Lost

Drops of Gold

Sorry I didn't update this in months. I was going through stuff and I lost the notebook I wrote the rest of the story in. I mainly will write this on mobile so I'm sorry if this looks a little weird to you.

"Kai", I continued, "did you leave or did I wake up the next day?" 

 "That's a random question but, yeah. I did leave but it's the same day. I guess your nap felt like an eternity of  sleep". 'He didn't even titter when he said that. He made it sound like a joke!' 

"Oh okay. One last question." he nodded in response. "What do I have to do to gain people's trust down here? Am I supposed to do something like community service?" 

"It really just depends on you, Leela. Use your skills to make them trust you". Kai made it seem so easy. Was it easy to gain trust from others? In my experiences it was never easy.
"Don't worry about it for now though. Once you live down here for more than six months, then you can worry about it. For now, I have to get you acquainted with the way things are done here." He looked me up and down. " I suggest that you take a shower first before we go tour around the town.

I gave out an annoyed look to him even though I agreed with his idea of a shower. I grabbed a towel and some clothes from the racks. I made my way to the women's section in the back to grab some undergarments before going to the garden area and grabbing the hose. Dragging the hose was a challenge. 'Hoses are ing heavy'.  I got to an area behind some bushes of  flowers, cacti, and shrubs. It gave me full coverage from anyone seeing my body. 

I grabbed  the hose and hooked it up to a shower head, which I connected to one of the automatic watering devices. After I disrobed myself, I the water. The cold water stunned me a bit but I gradually got used to it. The cool water relaxed my tense muscles and helped to clear my head as the droplets massaged every inch of me. It was only after a while that I realized that I had been singing.

It was one of those songs that just stuck in your head. A song that you forgot about until you heard it and you knew all the lyrics to as if you had been listening to it everyday.