Slip Away

Drops of Gold

"Leela", Alyse screamed. She rushed to me and applied pressure to my wound. I looked over at her and smiled. There was no need to be sad. Dying would finally allow me to rest in every way known to mankind. 

I wanted to tell her that it was alright and that I've been waiting for this for a long time. I just wish it didn't happen so soon that I couldn't tell everyone a proper farewell. 

"Leela, stay with me!", she yelled. My eyes were already halfway closed as her voice became more and more quiet. The vivid purple in her eyes were fading from me, melting into the blurriness of the background. 'I am thankful for you', I thought. Peaceful darkness.

 

Alyse's POV

Leela was leaving and I can't let her leave. We may not be super close but she is part of our family. As I kept pressure on her wound with one hand, I used the other to call the others. I used my whistle to summon everyone, The Foxes and Kai. Kai made it here faster than everyone else surprisingly.

"What happened", he asked. He looked panicked. The rest of the Foxes arrived 30 seconds after him.

"I found her on the floor bleeding with some scissors. I think she cut herself accidentally judging by the towel and the bandage she put on it", I responded. I looked at her brown skin. Although it was still warm, it didn't radiate warmth in her skin as her brown skin was pale now. Her face was no longer saturated with the sunshine of her smile or the richness of her dark brown eyes that gave her a youthful glow. 

"Manish, give me your scarf", Kai demanded. Manish gave no argument as he handed over his scarf to Kai. Kai wrapped the crimson scarf around Leela's thigh tightly. His hands worked skillfully and carefully to try to stop the bleeding before checking her pulse. "Her pulse is weak", he stated. 

"What do you need us to do", cried Amaya. Francisco held her hand tightly, trying to soothe her anxiety.

"I need all of you to help me out", he continued, "Soli wrap the towel around her body so we can lift her up and take her to lay down". Soli nodded and wrapped the bloody towel around Leela and secured it so it wouldn't fall off. Kai had all of us lift her gently as we went to lay her down in a bed. Amaya, Soli, Madison, and I clothed her body. We put her in a free flowing dress so I would be easy to get access to the wound just in case and to check her body. Kai had us all go fetch him the equipment he needed from his cottage which felt pretty far at the moment. We all had serious faces and we were mentally preparing ourselves as we ran to the cottage. 

'I really hope that she gets blessed by the fox and tricks death into giving her life', I prayed.

Kai's POV

As The Foxes went to collect the supplies, Leela opened her eyes again. Her eyes seemed different than usual. They were wide open as they scanned the room and returned to mine, hypnotizing me. She spoke a string of words that sounded like an ancient prayer while she stared into my eyes. I couldn't think about anything for a few moments.

As her words came to an end, her eyes instantly closed, making her appear as she was before. She was still pale and unconscious. It almost felt as if I had hallucinated the whole thing but it couldn't be. Why would I continue to hallucinate around only her? I had Lay, Baekhyun, and Tao all check my brain waves out before and there was nothing unusual. My health is in tip top shape so it must be her.

"Whatever you're doing, I hope its for the better", I hoped. 

End of POV