Location

Drops of Gold

Unknown POV
"She's weak! The surveillance cameras got her!", I cheered. It took a while to locate her due to interference from others but we finally got her. She should've suspected something was wrong when she saw the roses but I guess her teenage naïveté never left her after all these years.

Boy, if only they could see me now! Here I am, a person who they just threw aside for not doing my job correctly, and now I caught the most wanted criminal since the Grey fever outbreak. If only they knew how much of this was planned and how much work it took to get this far. I had to do it all on my own without funding since everybody else doubted me. "Sir, what shall we do with this information?", my assistant asked.

"We'll expose her and make it look like she did something cruel enough that people will turn her in willingly". This day couldn't have arrived at the perfect time. 

"You're going to kill her?", my assistant asked.

"No. I only need a few things from her", I continued, "then we'll lock her away forever. We can use her for experiments".

"Sir, don't you think that is too cruel and barbaric of you?"

"When you're from the past like me, you keep your ways and slightly adjust them for the times. In this case, we are letting her off easy. In my day we would kill someone like her and erase her entire existence off of this earth. She already got rid of herself anyways and if I want to, I can still kill her".

"I'd rather be killed on the spot than suffer through what you have planned".

"Either way she is dead", I smiled. "I have waited long enough to kill her so I may as well have fun doing it".

"You sick bastard", yelled my assistant. I grabbed the knife that was underneath my desk, and with one quick pass of the blade, I had sliced his neck. 

There was no need for him anymore since he had an overwhelming conscience that never let him shut up about what I was doing. But just as fast as he was killed, he was replaced a with a push of my special button. "Send in a new one and ask them to bring a mop and body bag".

The voice over the intercom mumbled nothing more than a quick " Yes Sir", before the new assistant came in and cleaned up.

"You're fast and you didn't say anything about the body on the floor", I announced. "I like you already". The new assistant nodded their head and kept silently cleaning.