Scared

Drops of Gold

Leela's POV
I woke up in a bed surrounded by all my friends. 'When did they get here?', I thought. They were all still sleeping so I made sure to move gently so as not to disturb them. As I moved my legs off my bed to dangle them, I noticed a piece of cloth around one of them. I took it off and noticed there was some blood on it but no mark on my thigh. 

I remembered what had happened. The dream, me cutting myself, and me bleeding out really did happen. It must've been a false alarm. I got off from the bed and tiptoed away from the area and to the garden/shower area of Lala Land.  The roses were white now and the petals blanketed the entire floor of the garden. 

'I don't what happened that something like this happened to me. I need to be more careful and less experimental', I thought to myself, 'I was lucky that that cloth covered the glow from the wound'. Remembering that my mark on my stomach was gone last time I checked, I ped my dress from the back and removed the thin straps from my shoulder. I looked at my stomach and my mark was there. Sighing with relief, I quickly put the straps on my shoulders and zipped up my dress as much as I could. 

As a gesture to them for taking care of me, I went to make breakfast for all of them, even though what happened was still playing back in my mind the whole time I was cooking. 

'Why did that happen to me? Is the antidote not working anymore? Why would it suddenly stop after almost 600 years? Why do I keep getting these vivid dreams? Something's happening and I need to find out for my safety, but more importantly for my friends' safety. I can't let them be dragged into this. I-'

"Keeps you're overthinking again", Kai interrupted. He was the first to wake up. I guess he could smell the food in his sleep. He walked up behind me, pulled the zipper all the way up from where I had left it, and wrapped his arms around my torso. His back hug left me feeling warm and giddy inside. He pecked my neck and trailed the kisses up my jaw and placed a final kiss on my cheek. "Good morning, darlin'. It's nice to see you up and about after you scared the life out of us yesterday."

"I'm sorry", I told him sincerely. I didn't want to scare them or anything, I was just experimenting with myself but I couldn't tell him that. They would freak out if I told them that. "I was t my plants and the scissors slipped from my hand and cut me".

"Leela, that doesn't make any sense. Why would you trim the plants while your ? And even if you did do that, wouldn't the scissors cut vertically down the front of your leg instead of horizontally?", he inquired.

"Look, I'd rather not talk about it, Kai. It's not comfortable for me to talk about it so let's just forget that it happened."

"Leela", he hummed with a sad look in his eye. I finished cooking and set up the disposable plates with food, avoiding Kai's gaze. He kept staring at me as I placed the plates in a circle on the floor with large bean bag chairs and colorful inflatable chairs surrounding them. Kai stood in place. 

I grabbed a piece of bacon that was left over and kissed him before placing the bacon in his mouth. Kai smiled and quickly ate the bacon. "Do you mind waking up the Foxes? I don't know how they are still sleeping. Aren't they supposed to be stealthy and aware of everything?", I questioned.

"They're mostly nocturnal, Lee. You can still see them during the day sometimes", he stated. 

"Besides, I want to spend the rest of the day with you alone anyway". Kai had a mischievous look on his face before I playfully rolled my eyes and sent him to wake them up.


After Breakfast
We had a fun and noisy breakfast. The foxes and Kai liked the food and ate until they were full, which was pretty much when the food ran out. They asked me questions on how I was feeling and told me to take the week off from training. Alyse, Amaya, Soli, and Madison kept nagging me to stay indoors and away from the garden. Francisco told me to use safety scissors next time I'm t the plants before leaving with the rest of them. I thanked all of them for taking care of me before they left me alone with Kai. 

"Francisco's right. Always use safety scissors from now on", he teased me as we cleaned up.

"Oh shut up", I laughed. We finished cleaning earlier than planned and it left us with nothing else to do. "Kai, could we go to your cottage? I don't really want to be in La La Land right now."

"My cottage is messed up at the moment but we could go to the apartment, if that's okay with you?"

"That's even better", I said as I squeezed his hand.

Although I wasn't hurting anywhere, I had to make it look as if I was still in some minor pain as we traveled up the ladder and to the apartment. Kai had me climbing up before him, which made me a little self conscious since I was wearing a dress and he could look up my skirt, but he was a gentleman the whole time.

When we arrived, I went into one of the bedrooms and just laid on the soft bed as Kai turned off the lights and the a movie projector. He put on one of those random movies he had laying around before laying down next to me and snuggling me into his arms. We laid there comfortably before something ran through my mind. "Kai, I just remembered you said I was in the garden?"

"Yeah, you were. You were wet, too", he said nonchalantly. I just glared at him.

"You weren't wet in a dirty way", he added, "you were wet from showering. And Alyse found you first."

I nodded. "Wait! So who put clothes on me?"

"Soli did. We all helped".

"All?"

"Yeah, me and the Foxes".

"So what your saying is, everybody saw me ", I stated. Kai nodded and smiled while I blushed. 

"Yeah, but it was an emergency so no one was worried about that. Everybody was worried about keeping you alive", he comforted me. I sighed in relief. "Why are you worried about that anyways? It's nothing I haven't seen before". He chuckled at the thought. "I hope to see more in the future, anyways".

"Maybe in the very distant future", I teased as I acted angry, turning away from him and removed his arms from me. Kai apologized repeatedly as he turned me back towards him, face to face, while holding my waist tightly. 

"Just kidding!", I laughed. I rolled on top of him, straddling him as I planted kisses all around his face, and paid most of my attention on his plush lips. He smiled at me, flashing those deep dimples.

"That wasn't funny, Leela".

"Your dimples don't say that, Kai". All he did was smirk, before he attacked me with tickles. He managed to lay himself on top of me. As I yelled, "I surrender" to him, my hands that he trapped beside my head were now relaxed and had his warm hands envelop them. I caught my breath before he took it away again with a deep kiss.

He pulled his lips off of mine after a few moments but we were still close benough that I could feel him breathe on me. "Lee, I want you to stay happy like this", he said. His eyes never looked away from mine as he spoke. "Even though we haven't been together that long, I am in love with you and I never want you to scare me like that again. If you feel like hurting yourself again, put some ice on that spot or snap a rubber band on your wrist. Massaging the place where you want to harm yourself helps. And I just need to reassure you that I'm here for you for anything and everything no matter the time or location."

"I know", I said. "The same goes for you. Don't be afraid to tell me things because I'm here for you and I support you. Just as you are in love with me, I am in love with you". I brought our hands to my lips as I kissed the side his hand was on. Kai did the same as he kissed my hand that interlocked with his. "I love you".

"I love you".