Personal Business

Drops of Gold

After that long discussion about my 'issue' to Kai, I realized that I never really told him anything about me besides my star sign. I only thought that it would be courteous enough to tell some details about my life to him. Maybe he would reciprocate the sentiment and tell me something about him as well.

We were sitting on the floor, in between our two beds not really doing anything besides watching some of the movies I brought with me from La La Land. Kai didn't utter anything after that whole squabble and I think he just didn't want to cause anymore problems. I know I'm partly to blame for this. I should tell him and maybe I can but it doesn't feel completely safe yet. I've only known him for a couple of months. He seems like the type of person you can trust but I'm not completely there yet. 

"Kai", I whispered to him. He looked at me and hummed. "Maybe we should play 20 questions".

"What is 20 questions?"

"Well, it's a game you play. You ask the other person 20 questions and the person has to answer truthfully. If you don't like the question, you can just skip it".

One of his full eyebrows raised themselves above the other. "This isn't gonna lead to an argument is it?", he questioned. I shook my head in assurance. "Alright then, let's play".

"I'll start. How old are you?"

"I'm 21", he said flatly.

"Wow, I thought you were younger than that. You look young".

"So you're saying that I'm an old man", Kai complained in a whiny voice. "I'm not that old!"

"Haha I know. I was just shocked that you're older than me", I said. 'Technically I'm older than you by a good 500 years', I thought.

"Then how old are you? How did you get into this much trouble with the law that you had to escape here?", he laughed. The atmosphere was lighthearted and fun. The tension that was in the room before melted away with each passing second that we talked.

"Hey now, you have to wait your turn!", I chirped.

"Well, I wanna take my turn now that I'm on it. I'll forget later and then it'll get awkward again and we both don't want it to get awkward again, right?"

"Alright", I complied. "I'm 17 years old and I received something that wasn't supposed to be given away". Kai's head nodded in acknowledgement. I knew he wanted more information than what I was giving him, but this is the best I can do. Knowing how people age nowadays, I only have to wait 98 more years before he is gone and that length of time can pass by in the blink of my eye. 

Kai snapped his fingers in my face before he continued to ask me, "When is your birthday?"

"My birthday is on the 15th of June. When is yours?"

"Mine is on the 14th of January. I should've known you were born in June since you're a Gemini."

"Oh yeah I have a good question. Why do you always find something to pick at me about?"

"Because you are easy to annoy", he chuckled. "And you're kind of like the little sister I never had and because you are shorter than me by a lot".

"That's funny because you also remind me of something like a brother at the moment. But you're more close to being my friend", I smiled. I felt that this whole '20 questions game' was really starting to make us get to know each other and understand each other better. It brought us laughter and joy and it was also the best day ever.