The Dream

Drops of Gold
'My breathing is quick and shallow while my air is limited in this clear tube of sand. 'No one is going to help you'. Kai watches me, almost as if he enjoys my struggle, from outside the tube. He smiles at my peril. "Help!", I scream at the top of my lungs.
        "Don't be afraid of the sand. It will bring you to us", said a voice. It halted the sand while it talked in a gentle manner. The voice was my dad's: warm, rich, and deep. His familiar cologne flowed through the air as I was thrown back into my childhood while it lingered in the sand along with my mother's scent.
        "I miss my baby", my mother's voice said, "Please comeback".
        "Comeback?", I wondered. ''I never left. They did', I thought. Their voices decreased in volume. They were leaving me again. "Mama! Papa! Comeback to me!" With each crescendo of my voice, theirs resulted in diminuendo. The sand started again and was burying my body underneath. The golden sand now turned into an eerie black color mixed with green when I began to fight it and panic. "Kai, please help!"
        He didn't help. The sand cut off my vision as the grains bounced into my eyes and mouth. My air was limited to only one more minute before I had been completely smothered by the sand. The sand, tube, my parents, and Kai where blocked off from me but their memories stayed in my head as I felt myself slipping away. Peace.
I woke up in my bed, shocked at how real my dream was. Nuzzling my pillow, I seeked comfort in the cool silk fabric before getting up. 
        "You're up!" I screamed and swung my pillow at the intruder. The beads and feathers from my pillow bursted from the impact. The person was knocked off their feet and onto the floor. I waited until the feathers cleared the air. I instantly felt guilty right then when I noticed it was Kai.
        "Why are you so violent?" he said.
        "I'm sorry. You just scared the crap out of me."
        "It's fine then...I guess". 'Why is he always around?'
        "Hey Kai, quick question." He nodded intently as he got off the floor and dusted the feathers and beads off of him. "Why are you always around? Is there nothing for you to do down here or something?"
        "No. I live with three other people, there's always something to do. It's just that I'm in charge of checking on the newcomers here". It sounded like bull to me.
"And what jobs do the other three have, that I haven't met them yet?", I questioned.
        "Baek has gathering supplies, Tao has protection and security, and Lay has keeping the order and calm around here".
        "You still didn't answer the second part of my question".
        "Oh! You don't see them because you're the new intruder and no one trusts you".
'Great! Now I have to prove my honesty about who I am. But how can I do that when most of the people here are criminals with no identity?'