MMS #37 - Finale 2/5

(BxB) My Man's Scandal
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]♦Memory♦[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Few years back

The little boy chewed his beloved cherries in his lunchbox. His maid prepared that lunchbox like usual, full of cherries with a bun of bread. It was his favourite after all, cherries is. “Gyu hyung~” A smaller boy who was sitting in front of the boy called. The little boy looked up.

“Why you like cherries so much? It’s not that delicious.” The elder boy pouted.

“Don’t say bad things to my cherries!” He popped another cherry into his mouth.

“But it’s not that good, Gyu hyung.”

“You should never belittle of a food, Hyunie.” The elder boy, Sunggyu said and took a cherry into his hand. The smaller boy, Woohyun was about to say something and Sunggyu took that chance to put a cherry into the smaller’s mouth. The smaller grimaced.

“Eww. It’s too weird.”

Sunggyu grunted. “You’re not saying that!” Sunggyu pinched Woohyun’s cheeks out of annoyed. The smaller whined. “Deserve your right. Cherry is the best!” Sunggyu said.

Woohyun struggled to let go of the hands. “But, but I know what should we do to make cherries are good.” Sunggyu stared at the younger. The younger grinned. “Ice cream!”

Sunggyu groaned. “No way with your stupid ice cream.” Woohyun pouted.

“Meanie. But I’m serious! Ice cream with cherries on top!” The younger excitedly pumped up his fist to the air. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and hugged his lunchbox protectively.

“I don’t like that idea.” Woohyun shook his head.

“Naah, you’re going with me after school, Gyu hyung.” The bell rang and the younger stood up. “Omo, the recess ended. Let’s go hyung.” Sunggyu had to close his lunchbox with few remaining cherries. Woohyun pulled Sunggyu up. Sunggyu walked the younger to his class. When they’re arrived at the class, Woohyun called Sunggyu. “Wait me at the gate hyung! We’re going to together.” Sunggyu sighed and pouted as he walked away. The younger gave a goodbye but Sunggyu didn’t reply. Somehow Woohyun was sure that Sunggyu will follow him. He grinned. ‘Yeay ice cream after class!’

Once the bell rang again, Woohyun excitedly went out from the class and rushed to the gate, waiting for Sunggyu. It’s not that long when Sunggyu appeared at the gate. The smaller gave his toothy smile. “You’re here hyung! Let’s go!” The younger pulled the elder’s arm with him.

“You’re lucky that Uncle Jung is not picking us up today.” The younger grinned.

“I told Daddy I want to walk back home today.” Sunggyu looked at Woohyun with an I-hate-walking-you-know look. The other just grinned.

“You just love to torture me, Woohyun. I hate walking.” Woohyun grinned and by that time, they already arrived at the ice cream truck near a park.

“Ajusshi, two ice cream chocolate.”

“No, one chocolate, one strawberry.” Woohyun turned to Sunggyu.

“No, strawberry won’t be delicious with cherries.” Sunggyu gritted his teeth.

“But I don’t like other ice cream flavour unless it’s strawberry.” Woohyun pouted.

“But…”The male who sold the ice cream came closer to the two boys.

“It seems like you have some conflicts. I heard you want to put cherries on the ice cream?” Both of them turned to the male. Woohyun nodded eagerly. The male smiled. “So how about you have my special ice cream?” The two boys looked at each other. The male smiled more. “Wait up, I will make it for you. Free for you two. You have cherries by the way?” Sunggyu pulled out his lunchbox from his bag. The male thanked Sunggyu and took the lunchbox. He ushered the boys to sit on the bench beside his truck. The boys waited as the male did their ice cream.

“Here.” He returned with a bowl of medium-sized ice cream in it. There were two-sliced cherries on its top and sprinkled with chocolate powder. Woohyun’s eyes became big to the sight of full chocolate while Sunggyu grimaced as it’s too many chocolate. The male saw Sunggyu’s face. “Don’t do face like that. You will like this ice cream, believe me. It’s not only chocolate.” Sunggyu looked at the male. Woohyun wanted the ice cream; the male chuckled and handed it to Woohyun. The smaller ate first together with the cherry. He moaned in delight.

“Wah, it’s delicious. Hyung, you should try it. I never imagine cherries go well with chocolate strawberry.” Sunggyu showed interest to the mentioned strawberry and looked at the male. The male smiled.

“My truck has chocolate strawberry flavour and people loved it. The one who hates chocolate also love it because it’s delicious. Come and try, boy.” The male handed a spoon for Sunggyu. Sunggyu looked hesitate to try but Woohyun whined and encouraged him to try. Sunggyu took the cherry together with the ice cream. Carefully, he shoved it into his mouth. One, two, and Sunggyu smiled.

“It’s delicious. The ice cream is not taste like chocolate too much.” Sunggyu said. The male smiled and gave the lunchbox with sliced cherries.

“You can continue eating. I treat you two for my special ice cream.” The male said and went to his truck again. Woohyun called him and the male turned.

“Ajusshi, can we come again for this?” Sunggyu looked at Woohyun. The male chuckled.

“But you’re buying next time, little boy.”

“It’s fine! We will bring our cherries, right hyung?” Sunggyu blinked and nodded absentmindedly. The male smiled.

“Okay, you can come. I will only make this special ice cream for you two.”

“Thank you ajusshi.” The two boys chorused and continued eating. Woohyun was happy when Sunggyu liked the ice cream.

“It’s delicious, right hyung?”

“Eung.”

“You like it, right?”

“I like it because it’s my favourite. Strawberry ice cream and my cherries.” Woohyun smiled and ate happily together with Sunggyu.

 

 

Some years after

Sunggyu waited Woohyun at the same place, the bench near the ice cream truck. Today is the second day Sunggyu attended junior high school and Woohyun was still in his 5th grade in elementary school. The elder felt so bored without Woohyun to pester him around at school. He also still didn’t get any friend in his class. Perhaps he didn’t care to find new friends as he just wanted Woohyun as his friend, alone.

Woohyun ran towards him and stopped with heavy panting. “Sorry, hyung. Did you wait for long?” Sunggyu shook his head and pulled Woohyun to sit. The boy smiled as he struggled to collect his breath. The ice cream man came to them.

“You’re here, Woohyunie. Here, your usual, boys.” The male handed the same ice cream and went to his truck again. They had always come to here every day after school to have the special ice cream ever since the first time. Sometimes they came during the weekend with Woohyun’s father. Woohyun even asked his father to fetch them at the park after school so that they can come and eat the ice cream until last year.

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun. He wanted to say something but he couldn’t. He didn’t want Woohyun to know that he hated to be alone in the junior high school. All his closed friends in elementary school didn’t go to the same school as his and he really felt lonely. He wasn’t good with socializing and getting a new friend. Sunggyu unconsciously sighed and Woohyun turned. “Hyung?”

Sunggyu blinked. “Yeh?”

“Anything wrong? You’re sighing.” Sunggyu shook his head.

“No, I’m fine.” Woohyun nodded a bit.

“Tell me how’s junior high school. I can’t wait until my time to be in there.” Sunggyu munched the cherry.

“It’s just as usual. School, just the same.” Woohyun shook his head.

“No, no. I heard people said it’s more. Because girls became prettier and the students must be more mature. No more kids and childish behaviour…” Sunggyu looked at Woohyun.

“Ha, well for me, just normal.” Woohyun looked at Sunggyu.

“How’s your classmates? The girls are pretty?” Sunggyu raised his brow.

“Why you keep asking about girls?” Woohyun blushed.

“Nothing.” Sunggyu clicked his tongue.

“You’re still a kid.”

“You too!” Sunggyu narrowed his small eyes.

“At least I’m two years older.” Woohyun pouted.

“Okay, fine.” Woohyun sulked and shoved some ice cream into his mouth, stayed silent. Sunggyu looked at the smaller. He just shrugged off and continued to eat. They fell silent for a while before Woohyun looked at Sunggyu. Sunggyu stared back.

“What?” Sunggyu asked. Woohyun exhaled and brought his hand to Sunggyu’s face. The elder startled when the skin met his. Woohyun wiped the corner of Sunggyu’s lips with his fingers. Sunggyu stunned.

“You better claimed yourself as a kid again when you’re eating like a kid.” Woohyun said with a bit hard tone, he’s still sulking by the way. Sunggyu blinked few times before he managed to retort Woohyun’s words like usual. They again bickered lightly like usual which ended up easing Woohyun’s sulks. Sunggyu felt his own heartbeat became weird since the contact. It’s the first time ever he felt that and he’s scared. Somehow, Sunggyu tried to forget the unknown foreign feeling in his heart.

 

 

Six years later on

Woohyun smiled as he got the ice cream, the special ice cream. It’s not from the same place as the truck was no longer there since two years ago –that ajusshi had moved to somewhere far. Before the ice cream man left, Woohyun managed to ask how to get the same ice cream. The ajusshi let him know about it and Woohyun kept the information with him all this long as he didn’t have time to find it and Sunggyu also stopped wanting that ice cream after the ajusshi left.

“Hey, Hyun.” Woohyun looked up and smiled. Sunggyu sat down beside him. “Oh, that ice cream.” Woohyun smiled. Sunggyu looked at him. “How you get it? Where?”

Woohyun smiled. “I asked the ajusshi before he moved. He told me a place had the similar ice cream, same taste.” Sunggyu looked at him.

“So you know it two years long already?” Woohyun grinned.

“It’s at the other town so I didn’t have time to go.” Woohyun took a spoon and gave to Sunggyu. “Eat now, it’s melting, Gyu.” Sunggyu nodded, agreeing to push the question later. Sunggyu noticed there’s only one spoon.

“Only one spoon?”

“We can share.” Sunggyu looked at Woohyun. “What? We used to it.”

“You’re getting clingier since we’re together.” Woohyun chuckled.

“Who’s care? You’re my boyfriend after all.” Sunggyu rolled his eyes. Woohyun opened his mouth. “Aaa~”

Sunggyu scooped some ice cream and brought it to Woohyun’s opened mouth. Woohyun smiled as he felt the ice cream melted in his mouth. They’re enjoying their ice cream together. Laughter and teases filled the spaces around them. Being so lovely together, Woohyun smiled whenever he saw happiness on his boyfriend’s face. A park date while sharing their special ice cream was a good idea tho.

Sunggyu shoved the ice cream into his mouth. Woohyun looked at Sunggyu and smiled to see the ice cream at the corner of Sunggyu’s lips. He brought his thumb closer and wiped away the

Please log in to read the full chapter