MMS #19

(BxB) My Man's Scandal
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]♦Of rage and blurted truth♦[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Two days after

“Mom. Dad. You’re back…” Sunggyu blinked in surprise to see his parents at the door. He was going for his work. Eunji was taking her handbag and came down, just to see her in-laws at the doorstep. She walked down.

“Mummy, Dad.” Eunji voiced out. Mr. and Mrs. Kim noticed their daughter-in-law. Mrs. Kim dashed in and hugged the lady. Eunji blinked in surprise. Sunggyu looked at his mother before his eyes travelled back to his father when his voice rang in his ears.

“We need to talk with you, Sunggyu. Take a half-day off.” Mr. Kim said. Eunji looked at her father-in-law. Sunggyu blinked.

“But Dad, I have important-”

“Nothing’s more important than the issue we need to talk.” Mrs. Kim said strictly. Eunji felt the tension and quite lost. Mrs. Kim turned to her and smiled sweetly. “Oh, sweetheart. Don’t concern about us, it’s just a problem in the company, that’s why we’re back earlier than scheduled. Can you go to work alone today, Eunji yah?” Mrs. Kim said very politely but underneath it, the strictness can be heard. Eunji looked at her then the father before to Sunggyu. Sunggyu just smiled slightly.

After Dongwoo, Hoya and Myungsoo left the house two mornings ago, Eunji and Sunggyu were down for a talk. Eunji said she’s fine and believed him, wanted to return to normal. Sunggyu promised her to treat her even better and was sorry for the malicious rumour. Eunji forgave him and they’re back to happy couple they’re. Eunji locked all her uneasiness, doubt and hurt deep inside her heart and hid it very well. She didn’t want to confront it at all, because she’s afraid to lose Sunggyu. Unconsciously, she kept lying to herself. She convinced herself that Sunggyu isn’t like what she thought and it worked because she felt secured, moreover Sunggyu treated her well, sweet like usual or even more.

Eunji smiled to her in-laws and went to her husband. “Arasseo, Mummy, Dad. Oppa, see you during lunch, okay?” Eunji said and planted a kiss on Sunggyu’s cheek. Sunggyu just smiled and Eunji left. Once the car engine faded away, Sunggyu’s smile flattered. Mrs. Kim glanced at her son.

“You better sit down and tell us every single detail right now, Kim Sunggyu.” Mrs. Kim said as she stomped to the couch. Mr. Kim followed but looked very calm. If anyone is good at reading people’s eyes, they might found a glint of worry in Mr. Kim’s eyes. Sunggyu sat down across his parents. He took a breath and looked up to his parents. Mrs. Kim was staring at him angrily while Mr. Kim just calmly glanced at him. Sunggyu a deeper breath and started to work out his words.

“It’s accidental, Mom, Dad. It’s out of our control. Don’t blame him, or even me.”

“But he’s giving you a threat! And pain! To your life, our reputation - the Kims’ reputation!” Mrs. Kim hollered. Sunggyu looked down. He just stayed quiet; he was tired of that damn reputation. It was similar thing again told by his mother compared to when she demanded an explanation the day after Woohyun left him. Sunggyu contained his tears to those memories. It was hurt when his own mother was in rage and almost disregarded him after knowing about his relationship with Woohyun. Sunggyu bit his lips, the pain of left by Woohyun and his mother’s disappointment were still fresh inside him. “I want you to stop working there and work in our company.” Mrs. Kim said. Sunggyu blinked and looked up.

“What? Mom, I’m not yet reaching-”

“I don’t want any excuses! You need to stay away from that stupid before things become worst.” Mrs. Kim hollered. Sunggyu looked at his mother.

“Mom.” Mrs. Kim scoffed. Sunggyu stared at his mother. “If you call Woohyun stupid , you’re calling me that too, Mom.” Sunggyu said softly but very cold and thorny. Mr. Kim looked at his son.

“Sunggyu.” Mr. Kim called his son but Sunggyu ignored.

“Don’t you realize that, Mom?” Sunggyu said again. Mrs. Kim scoffed.

“You’re married to Eunji, you love Eunji. So you’re not at the same level as him anymore, Kim Sunggyu. He’s a , a trash!” Mrs. Kim said hardly. Sunggyu looked at his mother before chuckled dryly. Mrs. Kim looked at her son; the father took a breath when he saw a glint of tears in Sunggyu’s eyes.

“Mom. Yes, I married to Eunji but it’s because of you. You kept bugging me about how nice she is and yet you’re lucky because she’s in love with me, Mom. You kept nagging to me to get married. Yes, I admit I found her attractive and giving me calm. She’s so nice, very nice that I think I’m so wrong to marry her, Mom.” Sunggyu paused. Mrs. Kim stared at him. Mr. Kim looked away, he knew what’s coming. “Mom, I’m a jerk. I can’t love her; I fail to love her sincerely. I feel bad to be pretending in this marriage. I can’t love her because I still seek for Woohyun, Mom!” Sunggyu shouted to his mother for the first time. He never did that because he always took everything in, because he didn’t want to go against her. But he was too much in pressure already and now all he wanted is for his mother to know what he had been feeling.

Mrs. Kim froze for a while before widened her eyes, glaring deathly at Sunggyu. “Kim Sunggyu, you just don’t shout at me and telling me that you- what?!”

“Yeobo.” Mr. Kim held her from getting up, he was afraid she’s going to slap their son. Sunggyu clenched his fist.

“I have been holding everything in, Mom. To the point that I want to kill myself, don’t you remember? I understand your disappointment and you have right to curse me for liking guys, but Mom, you’re too much. Insulting him, you insult me too.”

“You disrespectful son, you’re lecturing me? And defending him? The one who left you?!” Mrs. Kim retorted. Sunggyu snickered.

“Yes, he left me. I know. But you called him , trash. You’re calling me that too because I like guys! I love him, I still love him, don’t you get it?!” Sunggyu hollered and stormed out. He drove out and left his family residence. Mrs. Kim was very red in rage. She grabbed her nape, feeling dizzy with high blood pressure. Mr. Kim quickly held her.

“Yeobo, it’s better for you to lie down.” Mr. Kim said. Mrs. Kim nodded to her husband and got up to their bedroom with her husband’s help. She lied down. Mr. Kim stood beside the bed. “Let’s talk later, yeobo. Sleep.” Mr. Kim said. Mrs. Kim closed her eyes. The male stepped out from the bedroom. He stood in front of the door, looking at the empty living room. Sunggyu’s words, his glassy eyes kept flashing inside the eldest Kim’s mind. He sighed heavily. “Son, I’m sorry. I regretted all of it…I’m sorry I can’t do anything to make it right…”

 

 

Sunggyu ended the call with Mr. Lee. He stepped on the accelerator while making another call. It was ringing but no one picked it up. Sunggyu tried again and this time it was connected.

“Let’s meet at the company rooftop.” Sunggyu said that word and hung up. He was driving to the company’s direction, speedy but not reckless. He was able to calm himself down after the fight with his mother. But he knew he needed it a bit of it so he can do what he had decided with Mr. Lee two days ago. To distant himself from Woohyun.

W

Please log in to read the full chapter