MMS #16

(BxB) My Man's Scandal
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]♦To the debut♦[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“Thanks, Woohyun ssi. I hope your debut is gonna be a success one.” Woohyun smiled to the MC. Just a day before his debut, he had a show filming, A Song for You that will be aired on TV a week after his debut. It was a fun time but he was shocked as not only he and L.Joe were invited but Sunggyu as well. From the side, he could feel a sharp look received from him. Woohyun didn’t know why it’s like that but he ignored it the entire time. After the incident at the practice room, Woohyun didn’t meet Sunggyu at all (and also Myungsoo, lucky him) until today and it felt awkward with them.

The tiny mini game they played in the middle of the recording where the guests in one team versus the MCs really made Sunggyu almost lost himself to jealousy. He managed to pinch his side, out from camera’s view when Woohyun’s lips stumbled upon L.Joe’s. They were playing lip-to-lip games where they need to pass an ice stick and the team moved the most stick win. Thanks to the incident, the guests lost their games and yeah, that young producer almost lost his sanity.

“Hyung, I’m sorry about earlier.” L.Joe said with a tiny blush can be seen on his cheek. Sunggyu was talking with the MCs, eavesdropping to L.Joe’s words not so obviously. Woohyun grinned.

“Don’t worry, it’s my mistake too, I’m being clumsy.” Woohyun smiled softly. L.Joe rubbed his nape and nodded shyly. The younger was being so obvious about his shyness and flutters. To be frank, L.Joe began to feel more than respect towards the elder. It’s love, he noticed the feeling he had be feeling recently (thanks to s’ sharp eyes and also his fans, Angel started to spread pictures of him and Woohyun from the teaser). “I’m so excited for tomorrow.” Woohyun said, snapping L.Joe away from his thought.

“Ah, right. You’re debuting tomorrow.” L.Joe said, slightly stuck out his tongue for his forgetfulness. Woohyun pouted.

“Don’t dare you to forget. We have rehearsal on morning, Byunghunie.” L.Joe smiled.

“I know, I know. My manager is there for reminding me.” Woohyun just smiled back and patted L.Joe’s back. The actor gasped when someone caught his wrist and just before he could say anything or for L.Joe to ask, he was pulled away from the place to somewhere he didn’t know but far enough from the studio. Woohyun was able to recognize the culprit when winds blew; the familiar cologne filled his nostril.

“S-Sunggyu.” Woohyun croaked out the name once they’re stopping. He took notice they’re at the rooftop. His hand was released. Woohyun waited for the other to say something but apparently, the elder didn’t intend to say anything. He bit his lips. “I’m leaving if you’re not saying anything.” Woohyun said and turned his back. Sunggyu turned to him, trying to stop the male from going but his hand stopped mid-air when Woohyun continued. “It’s kind of rude to suddenly pull me away without any intention.” Woohyun moved his heels forward and left. The word made Sunggyu stunned and thought deeply.

Yes, the other is correct. He did that without any thought, it’s just his body moved itself. He was just can’t… Sunggyu was unable to finish his thought. He was afraid to assume that.

I just can’t see you being so close with him. I’m j-jealous. Sunggyu ran his hands through his hair and face, sighing in frustration. “You drove me insane, Nam Woohyun.”

 

 

Debut day (17 January 2015)

Woohyun took a deep breath. He was standing behind the stage, all nervous for his first debut stage. It’s the moment that will bring the new life of him, as a singer. Woohyun was all alone on this side of stage as L.Joe will come out from the other side also the dancers were waiting on the other side too. The first verse, Woohyun will be standing alone and then the dancers will join him when the music kicked in and went for a higher beat.

“Calling up the next singer, this is his first debut stage. Introducing the song 'Yesterday’, a slow and catching song that is composed and written by the famous S.Kim. Give up the stage to Nam Woohyun. Music cue!”

Woohyun gulped as he was walking up the stage. The cheering could be heard, it was not so loud but obvious enough he had some supporters among the crowd. Woohyun gave a smile to the audience and stayed still, waiting for the song to start.

Sunggyu was there, staying in between the staffs at the side in front of the stage. He just watched over Woohyun (obviously stared), with the reason of watching over his artist (well, that’s what he said when he asked the PD to let him be there; reasonable anyway). That producer was actually stunned, enchanted and immersed enough to the charisma Woohyun showed on the stage. It was so different of Woohyun on stage, it’s like he’s a different person. Deep inside of his professionalism, he was proud to see his artist done so well while deep inside of him, he was falling again. Yes, he felt the spark that long forgotten. Remind you, not a minute Sunggyu was able to shed Woohyun’s trace ever since Woohyun left him. But he was sane enough, Woohyun left him broken and he shouldn’t stay in dark, so he moved on and even now having his own life. God just knows how to play him, Woohyun came back and he was in another mess.

Woohyun caught a glimpse of Sunggyu from the stage when he finished the song. As the spotlight blinded him, Woohyun closed his eyes for a while before opening it again to find the same silhouette but he wasn’t there anymore. Woohyun breathed in, thought maybe he was hallucinating. The singer bowed to the audience. As he was instructed by a staff behind the stage just now (telling him he will have a minute or two after finishing his stage to interact with the audience), Woohyun quickly picked up the chance.

“Annyeonghaseyeo, yeorobun. Nam Woohyun imnida.” Woohyun bowed and flashed a smile, fixing his earpiece. “I hope you guys enjoyed my performance and love my debut song. I’m just debuted today and I’m so grateful to be able to stand here today. Thanks for the supporters who cheered for me and I hope I don’t disappoint you guys. Please take care of me and give me a full of love.” Woohyun flashed another charming smile of him and made a big heart. The fangirls were screaming to see his aegyo and fanservices. Woohyun smiled in satisfaction to hear the cheers. “Thank you. Keep supporting me and I promise not to disappoint you guys. Meet you again soon.”

“You’re so good with fans.” Woohyun smiled when he was greeted by L.Joe behind the stage. L.Joe smiled. “Good job hyung. Congrats for your debut.” Woohyun grinned and hugged L.Joe suddenly. L.Joe stunned.

“I can’t believe it! I’m done with the first stage and I’m officially debuted!” Woohyun cooed happily. L.Joe chucked lightly once he recovered from shock. He patted Woohyun’s back.

“Yup, you’re officially a solo singer in Korea.” Woohyun released him and gave a toothy smile.

“Ah, you’re invited to the party tonight. Daepyo-nim threw a party to celebrate my debut and he invited the team that helping me for the debut alongside the backup dancers. And you’re also invited as you’re rapping for my song.” Woohyun said, all cheery while pulling L.Joe together with him to the waiting room. L.Joe just followed, flustered and breaking in sweat. The closeness surely made him crazy, not to mention their tiny-but-so-close interaction on stage just now.

“Is it okay for me to tag along?”

“Of course, you give a hand too for my debut’s successfulness.” L.Joe chuckled.

“Arasseo.” The two arrived at the waiting room. They watched the rest of the stage before getting called up for the closing part. The #1 winner was announced and then the show ended.

Woohyun, L.Joe and the dancers went to the restaurant together. Woohyun didn’t stop his babbles on thanking the dancers and also L.Joe all the way long. He also made a mental note to thank the other people involved when he met them soon. Woohyun took a breath when a name crossed his mind. Kim Sunggyu. Not that long Woohyun lost in his thought, they arrived at the restaurant.

“Hye, Woohyun!” Hoya called when he noticed them arrived. Woohyun smiled and greeted people who sat with Hoya. The CEO wasn’t there yet and so does Sunggyu also Eunji. Woohyun sat down beside Hoya and L.Joe sat beside him. “We watched your performance. It’s good.”

“Still need improvement?” Woohyun asked.

“It’s fine.” Hoya said. The rest nodded. The dancers smiled and so did L.Joe. Not long after they arrived, Mr. Lee arrived together with Sunggyu. Woohyun looked behind Sunggyu, no sign of Eunji. Hoya also took notice of Eunji’s absence. “Where’s Eunji?” Hoya asked. Sunggyu looked at Hoya, sitting in front of the dance trainer. His eyes caught Woohyun in a glimpse before answering Hoya.

“She has family matters so she went home first.” The voice of Sunggyu made no one retorted more questions. Well, Sunggyu is Eunji’s husband and it’s quite weird when Sunggyu didn’t involve in Eunji’s family matters. His wife actually left earlier as she wanted to visit her mother, Sunggyu just let her be as Eunji gave excuses of missing a daughter-mother moments. He didn’t ask her about the party tonight as his wife was so eager to meet her mother. And now ended up, he came here without his wife.

The party started after Mr. Lee gave his thanks speech and also let Woohyun gave a word or two. They congratulated Woohyun for his debut and then they started to eat and drink. Mr. Lee reminded the new singer not to lose himself so much which he obeyed. The party went on and Sunggyu was a bit careless of everything. Hoya also drank a bit too much and started to stumble in his words. L.Joe headed out earlier as he had practice with his group while the dancers didn’t stay long after the meal. Miss Shin, the head image manager succeeded to take the empty spot left by L.Joe and started to flirt with Woohyun (she was drunk). Woohyun who didn’t drink much and still very sober politely pushed away the drunk lady. The new singer was saved when there’s someone helped him with the flirty lady (Woohyun recognized that man is the head manager, Mr. Ji Kangwook who gossiped by the trainees having a long time crush for Miss Shin). Thought his life is peaceful again, now he was interrupted by Hoya who was crying.

“I’m so hik- touched~ you know, Woohyun ah- hik, I really- hik, proud….” The next word was slurry and blurry into his sobs and tears. Luckily, Mr. Lee noticed his son was very drunk and got up to help Woohyun who looked very awkward handling the crying male. Woohyun turned when Mr. Lee tapped his shoulder.

“I’m sorry. My son tends to cry when he’s very drunk. I guess he was too happy that he drinks so much.” Woohyun just smiled.

“Don’t be sorry, drinking habit can’t be controlled.” Woohyun said. Mr. Lee smil

Please log in to read the full chapter