Chapter 2

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could still clearly remember those days. Those strikingly beautiful days that we spent together. Eight months and a day was all we had and it took one dumbfounding confession to end everything.

 

One year and three months earlier.

October 15, 2012.

7:31AM.

 


I was running late for my 7:30AM class. God. I hate this subject. Well, I hate morning classes in general. I was bringing with me a stack of books I needed for my research paper on Behavioral Studies, and I have to finish this for me to walk down the aisle and receive the diploma I have been eyeing for years.


So, there I was, running to save my life, bringing the stack of books I mentioned. I didn’t know if I could make it to my class right on time until…


*BANG!*


Everything went black. As I slowly opened my eyes, I saw myself lying on the ground, with all my books with me on the floor, too. That was a loud thump, and I thought a ball hit me or what. But wasn’t I running through the corridors, right? And why should a ball be flying around here?!


I quickly grabbed my books and attempted to stand when I saw a hand reaching mine.


“Are you okay? I’m so sorry.”


I reached for his hand and tried to get up. As I stood up facing him, I could see right through his eyes that he was so sorry. And then I suddenly felt my cheeks turning red!

 

Whyyyy? Is it maybe because he looked too hot to handle? 

 

Geeez Mia, stop it!


“I didn’t notice you running around the-“


“It’s okay.” I cut him while he was explaining himself, somehow still in trance at the beautiful creature staring back at me.


“I’m Lee Howon. I’m a new exchange student here. I am really sorry for what happened. And you are?”

 

I swear to God he is really, really cute. How could this even be happening? It’s like a scene from a Korean drama where a guy and a girl accidentally bumped into each other, and they fall in love! Voila!


“Umm, you sure you’re okay?” He asked me again.


I was left in awe with everything he’s been saying. He is just a guy, Mia. Well, a really, really, handsome and *stares at biceps* y Korean guy.


“Mia.” I only managed to utter my first name. Just nickname, actually. 


He was smiling so bright my knees became so weak all of a sudden. I need to get back to my senses!


“Nice name, Mia. Again, I am very sorry for what happened. Do you have a class right now?”


“Yeah.” 

 

Nice talking, Mia! It was really nice talking to you! *sighs*


“See you around, then?” The Korean guy let out a big smile again. He walked away but was still taking glances at me. I, on the other hand, was acting like a statue, still awed by his presence.


The awkward flirt, that’s what I call it. Noted as the “NBSB” or the “No Boyfriend Since Birth” in our class, I was always bullied for having no relationships ever since. Well, maybe it’s because I firmly believe that I am in charge of my own happiness, and not just some random guy you meet in the campus corridor.

 

*RING* (DBSK’s Mirotic) I got youuuuu under my skin~


I received a phone call and answered it right away because I knew it was from my best friend, Nikki.

 

“YAH! WHERE ARE YOU?! AND WHY ARE YOU LATE AGAIN?! WE’RE HAVING A POP QUIZ!!!!” She’s shouting AND whispering at the same time over the phone.

 

Mentally slapping myself, I hurriedly ran into the classroom and sat down to the nearest chair from the door.


“LIM! Late again?” My instructor looked at me with one eyebrow raised.

 

Uh-oh. I’m in trouble.

 

I thought my instructor would hit me with the whiteboard eraser she was holding until someone knocked on the door and distracted her.

 

“Yes, how may I help you?” She asked the perhaps student who knocked the door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter