Chapter 6

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 27, 2014.

10:41PM.

 

“Hey, before anything else, please don’t freak out.” I unconsciously blabbered before I the lights in my bedroom, door immediately shut behind us. And in all seriousness, I am totally freaking out right now!

 

Mark Tuan and I. Both in my room. IN MY OWN FREAKIN’ ROOM!!! And guess what? I just recently redecorated my room, GOT7 posters plastered all over the wall, making me look like a totally lunatic 21-year old fangirl. And to add to the embarrassment, there was that huge collage photo of Mark at the center, all screaming ‘Hey, the owner of this room is totally a Mark Tuan bias!’

 

“Sooooo… this is why you’re telling me not to freak out?” Mark chuckled, looking at every poster on the walls of my room.

 

“It’s not like I’m fantasizing about you or what –” Great choice of words, Mia! “Trust me. I’m not that crazy to be doing all of that for myself. Nikki gave that collage photo to me last Christmas.” I defended myself.

 

“Okay.” Was all he said, his smile never leaving his pretty face.

 

Can he please stop smiling?! I still have an event tomorrow. I am not supposed to pass out tonight!

 

I immediately grabbed James’ shirt which he left here last time and told Mark to go to the bathroom to change.

 

“Are you sure about this? I wouldn’t really mind going home…” He paused to look at his shirt and smiled. “Wet.” He continued, his voice sounded so y. Oh. My. God.

 

“Just go and change.” I lifelessly pushed him towards the bathroom, my knees shaking once again. My strength’s all gone.

 

As soon as he went inside, I directly searched for that sweater that Nikki mentioned James had also left here in my cabinet last time. But as much as I wanted to concentrate on looking for that damn sweater, I just couldn’t, knowing that Mark Tuan whom I just used to see on TV and in Youtube is now at my bathroom, probably starting to take his shirt off and changing into the shirt I gave him.

 

“It actually is just my size.” Mark said as he came out of MY bathroom. I almost fainted when I saw him smiling while wearing the red V-neck shirt which was generously accentuated with white lines.

 

“Yeah. It looks great on you. Wow.” I sheepishly commented, mentally slapping myself for sounding like a complete idiot.

 

“Is James your boyfriend?” Mark surprised me with his question.

 

“What? No.” I quickly responded.

 

If he only knows how crazy I really am, having these crazy thoughts of him being my imaginary rebound.

 

“Oh…”

 

Finally, I found that oversized black hoodie of James. I immediately removed it from the hanger and threw it in Mark’s direction. “Hey, catch!” Mark swiftly and effortlessly caught it. “Thanks.”

 

I ran towards my GOT7 album collection which were orderly lined up together with my DBSK albums. “Hey. Can you and Jackson sign these again for me? Well, actually, it has your signatures already since we purchased them direct from Korea, but… well…” I couldn’t completely reason out. Where did my logic go?

 

Mark was already a few inches away from me. “Sure. No worries.” He answered in that deep voice of his. He grabbed a pen from my desk and instantly signed the albums, and then he headed towards the door bringing the albums and pen with him.

 

“Hey, I think the door’s been locked.”

 

“Eh? What? You can’t lock this door from the outside. Let me see…” I told him, and he stepped aside.

 

“This is weird.” I said, trying to open the door. “Hey Nikki… I think my door has been locked. It’s weird. I don’t know what happened.” I shouted to ask for Nikki’s help, but there was no response.

 

Seriously, Nik. What are you trying to do this time?

 

“I think Jackson and Nikki are trying to pull a prank on us.” Mark stated.

 

Smart-. You are definitely right, pretty boy. Considering Jackson’s playful personality and Nikki’s vengeful smirk earlier, they are definitely up to something. Huh, those two really match each other.

 

“Ya! Nikki-ya! Quit playing around!” I shouted again but all I heard were their suppressed chuckles from the other side.

 

Mark and I took turns in trying to open the door, our hands brushing against each other from time to time. And there goes those electrifying chills again.

 

God, bless my soul.

 

It was my fifth time trying to pull the door until Mark held my hand which was still stuck on the doorknob. I swear to God my hands were starting to shake and get ice-cold the moment our hands touched! This is beyond torture! We were so close I could even feel his breath on the back of my neck. Oh, dear God.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter