Chapter 10

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 31, 3015.

8:45 PM HKT.

 

Perfection stood still as mortal fans jumped in excitement the moment GOT7 appeared on the huge AsiaWorld Expo Arena stage.

 

GOT7 wowed the crowd again as they sang their own hits, and did covers of Wang Leehom’s “Mei”, and Jay Chou’s “An Jing.” At first, the boys acted all fresh and cool as they executed their astounding dance choreographies, but later on, they were running all over the stage like little kids, turning the entire area into their own playground.

 

There were basically two stages with an aisle connecting the two. We were positioned at the right side of the aisle; our bodies directly in front of it. We were indeed so close that it would be impossible for them not to spot us.

 

The mortal fans were so loud the entire show that Nikki and I just made use of our psychic powers to communicate with each other; our fangirl hearts bursting with insurmountable pleasure. I tried so hard not to pass out every time they pass by in front of us while doing all those y moves and charismatic gestures.

 

Jackson gulped a bottle of water while Mark was wiping the sweat off his pretty face before they had their Cantonese interaction with the fans. Luckily, I have a bit of Chinese blood, and had quite taken some formal lessons in Mandarin and Cantonese, so I could understand a few things, but I could not hold a long conversation using such languages though.

 

And then a remix of ‘A’ was played. The boys were scattered on different parts of the stage. Fans threw their gifts to the boys, and the boys did all these aegyo as a sign of gratitude. And then they were running all over the stage again.

 

And then, in a blink of an eye, there he was standing right in front of me in his oversized white shirt with black inner long sleeves. As all the other members, he was filled with all these energy as he sang to the remix of their song, banging his head from time to time in perfect sync. He was waving at the fans on the far back, and Nikki and the other fans surrounding me were already screaming his name.

 

And then he sat down on the stage directly facing us, his long legs dropping freely and only a few inches away from me.

 

HE IS ALREADY SO WITHIN MY REACH I COULD SNATCH HIM OFF THE STAGE AND HUG HIM ALL I WANT ONLY IF I WASN’T RAISED PROPERLY BY MY PARENTS BUT THANK GOD I WAS.

 

So, I stood there, frozen again as his presence overwhelmed me, while the rest were chanting his name. I just banged my head a bit to look like I was perfectly sane even when the mighty Mark Tuan is already sitting in front of me, teasing every bit of my being. Nikki was jumping in excitement and everyone around me was trying to reach out to him. It continued for a few minutes, but he never looked at me even once although I was directly in front of him!

 

Do I look so invisible to him?!

 

I just stared at him as if memorizing every detail of his face. He smiled at the fans behind me, and did high five with Nikki, and then everyone was cheering Nikki for being so lucky. He stood back after the high five, and finally, gave me a long gaze. No smiling involved. Just a long, lingering gaze.

 

 

February 1, 2015.

9:07AM HKT.

 

We decided to spend the first day of February at Hong Kong’s most popular attraction, The Peak. The month of love is finally here but Nikki and I are wretched since we don’t know when we’re going to see our boys again. OUR BOYS? WHAT? HAHA. Too much attachment is definitely not healthy!

 

We arrived at Garden Road Peak Tram Lower Terminus and purchased our tickets for the Peak Tram. The venerable Peak Tram is, as most passengers agree, the only way to truly experience the beauty of Hong Kong's natural wonders. Tens of millions of people from every corner of the globe have taken the ride, which affords a uniquely spectacular perspective of the city.

 

We stopped by at the tunnel-like Peak Tram Historical Gallery first to check the hundreds of memorabilia being exhibited. Nikki’s old soul is excited again.

 

“You know, I read somewhere that this gallery is a way of paying tribute to The Peak Tram and the history of Hong Kong. Since 1800’s or something, The Peak Tram has already served Hong Kong, quietly witnessing about a hundred years of the city's changes.” Nikki enlightened me.

 

Finally, we hopped on the tram which is famous for giving its passengers a spectacular visual illusion. As we went uphill, the high rises we saw at the right side of the tram appeared to fall toward The Peak.

 

“Wow. This is cool.” Nikki and I spoke together, and snapped some photos of us and the view outside.

 

“This peak tram illusion is induced by a change of the subject caused by our reclining body pos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter