Chapter 19

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

---

Gwangju, Jeollanam-do (Southern Jeolla Province)

 

I woke up to the continuous ringing of my phone placed on our bedside table at our rented apartment in Gwangju. It has been a week since we arrived at Jeollanam-do, and we have been everywhere, visiting the province’s cities and counties, for the filming – amusement parks, memorial halls, folk villages, museums, and even the picturesque green tea fields. Jeollanam-do continued to awe and inspire us with its splendid wonders.

 

For now, since it’s a weekend, we have the entire time for ourselves, roaming around the diverse attractions that the province has to offer… or so we thought.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” I picked up the phone half-awake.

 

“Mia, it’s Miss Yoon, sorry to disturb you on a weekend but can your team document the cultural event at Mokpo Culture and Arts Center today?”

 

“What?” My brain was still processing but I was aware that Mokpo is a city in Jeollanam-do and we are yet to have the filming in that city next week.

 

“We have just been notified that there will be a huge cultural event in Mokpo today at 1PM. Our team will be having a meeting today for the filming next week so we’re not available. KTO told me they need at least two teams. Is your team fine with it?”

 

“I still have to check with the others.” I stated sleepily.

 

“How about Nikki’s team?”

 

“She’s still sleeping. I’ll wake her up and ask her.”

 

“Okay. Thanks. Give us a feedback in 30 minutes.”

 

“Okay.” I said and hung up the phone.

 

Why are they trying to ruin my weekend?! Aish!

 

I lazily got up from bed and shook Nikki’s lifeless-like body on the other bed. “Hey.”

 

“Hmmmm…” She just rolled on the other side.

 

“Ya. Wake up now. We’re going to Mokpo.” I said.

 

“Why?” Nikki lazily asked, eyes still closed.

 

“Work.”

 

“Noooo.”

 

“Ya.”

 

“Hmmmmm…”

 

Okay. This might go on forever.

 

 

1:10PM.

 

We arrived at the performance hall of Mokpo Culture and Arts Center just in time for the start of the annual tourism and cultural event of the place branded as the city of beauty, romanticism, and dream. The city mayor was now giving his welcome address to the guests who consisted of the locals, politicians, government employees, media, some foreign groups, and some celebrities I was not really familiar of.

 

“I heard they hired an idol group to become tourist ambassadors of Mokpo City.” Nikki whispered from beside me as we sat in the front row, taking some notes, while the other staffs were taking photos and videos of the event.

 

“Really? Wow. Mokpo’s rich.” I commented.

 

“You bet.” She said.

 

The program continued and a short film was being shown featuring the different aspects of Mokpo’s cultural and tourism industry. There were also English-speaking keynote speakers who gave some beautiful insights on how to see Mokpo in the eyes of the locals. University students from Mokpo National University also graced the event and danced to Korea’s famed cultural dances.

 

“Hey, the mayor is on his way backstage. Let’s go!” I whispered to Nikki and one cameraman from MBC, and we sneakily made our way towards the backstage to catch an interview with the mayor.

 

Finally, we succeeded with the interview and I made my way to the backstage’s restroom, while Nikki and the cameraman returned to where we were earlier seated at the front row. It was almost four o’ clock in the afternoon, and the event is set to finish at 5PM. One more hour and you’re free, Mia.

 

And suddenly, on my way out of the restroom, I received a text message from Nikki.

 

                No in way! GOT7 are the ambassadors!

 

“No way!” I uttered disbelievingly and my phone was suddenly thrown to the floor as I bumped onto someone just outside the restroom.

 

“Aishhh… Sorry.” I picked my phone in an instant and thanked the heavens it didn’t have a single scratch before I turned to look at the one who carelessly bumped into me. Okay, I admit, I was the one being careless for not looking ahead.

 

“Hey stalker!”

 

My eyes widened when I saw that familiar face, heard that familiar voice, and that ever so familiar line.

 

“Y…you’re here.” I almost stuttered.

 

“Wow. Yeah. And you’re here too. I told you we’d bump into each other again.” He said with a proud smirk. “Like literally…” He added.

 

“I… I… I just knew actually… uh just now… that you guys are the ambassadors.”

 

What the hell is wrong with my mouth?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter