Chapter 7

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Nikki’s POV]

December 29.

10:06AM.

 

The happenings from yesterday instantly hit me like a lightning the moment I opened my eyes after seven hours of sleep. I smiled dreamily, my eyes still closed, thinking about how lucky Mia and I were, having been able to take selcas with Jackson and Mark, and a group shot with them, together with all the KCC (Korean Cultural Center) staff. Yesterday was really tiring, but it was such a great blessing.

 

I got up from bed and realized that it was raining hard outside. And then, all of a sudden, it hit me… I am missing GOT7! I haven’t even been able to send them to the airport last night. The event was still ongoing. SISTAR was wowing the crowd with their to-die for y bodies and dance moves, and I couldn’t leave my post since I needed to monitor the technicalities. I wasn’t able to say goodbye to GOT7… to Jackson.

 

“There’s typhoon. We’re on Storm Signal No. 1.” Mia said, interrupting my crying thoughts.

 

“Oh… How long have you been up?” I asked her as I sat back on the bed.

 

“An hour ago. I prepared breakfast.”

 

“Yey. Thanks.”

 

We made our way outside the room, and went to the dining area.

 

“I miss them.” Mia muttered, lifelessly forking the toasted egg.

 

“Were you able to hug them at the airport?” I asked, equally lifeless.

 

“Of course! How could I let that opportunity pass? Bambam and Jackson even initiated the hug.” Mia smiled as she reminisced the airport scene.

 

“Bambam and Jackson do the best fan service, indeed!” I said, and then realized I haven’t actually gotten a hug from any of them. Sad... but I do believe in second chances. 

 

“You know, I just couldn’t get enough of Mark. This is totally crazy. I suddenly feel so possessive right now since the happenings the other night. And I swear! He smirked right at me during their performance!”

 

“I believe you, my friend. I saw it, too. You don’t have to swear.” Nikki said while blankly staring at the food.

 

“Do you really believe we’ll be okay after all the delicious torture we’ve gone through?”

 

“Don’t mention it. I’ve been stalking them on SNS non-stop since what happened the other night. You know that feeling that although it was just for a few moments, you could already feel that you are close with them? Like ‘OMG. This guy who’s about to hit a million followers in Instagram… I actually exchanged jokes with him the other night!’ Or maybe, I’m just being crazy and delusional again.” I chattered.

 

“We have reached the peak of our insanity.” Mia added.

 

We continued eating, and talking about everything that happened. Mia told me stories of them backstage… at their hotel… at the airport… how Yugyeom kept bullying his hyungs, how Bambam kept taking selcas and won’t go onstage without having his eyeliner on, how Youngjae amused everyone with the way he laughed after blurting out random English words, how Junior cutely nagged his brothers, how JB acted like a totally cool and chic leader, how Jackson’s quirkiness set everyone’s mood, and how Mark was effortlessly hot and y and cute all at once.

 

The day continued. Work will still be in a few days since we are on a holiday break. The weather is still gloomy. It was reported in the news that heavy rains will persist until the typhoon will be out of the country’s area of responsibility by tomorrow.

 

I closed the windows as cold winds rushed through the window pane. I covered myself in a white blanket and laid down in bed to grab some more sleep. It was already late in the afternoon but it still felt like early in the morning. And the feeling of missing GOT7 started to sink in once again. Mia was definitely feeling the same way, too.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter