Chapter 26

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"W... what are you... doing here?" I stuttered as he slowly leaned his figure on the sink, crossing his arms across his chest, while closely examining me and smiling at me like I am the most amusing thing in the world.

 

What is wrong with him?! And what is he effin' doing here in our apartment?

 

And then it hit me.

 

"Ya. Stalker. Are you okay?"

 

"Whoahhh! I must be really drunk right now. I'm seeing Mark Tuan."

 

"NO. FREAKIN'. WAY." I mouthed the words disbelievingly as few events from last night slowly came back to me in bits and pieces.

 

He let out a light chuckle and faced the kitchen stove. "Nikki left early. She said your manager called for an emergency meeting at KTO."

 

"What? I'm not included in the meeting?!"

 

He faced me again with a bowl of soup on his hand and immediately placed it on the dining table, motioning for me to sit. "I don't know. She didn't mention anything else. You can just call her and ask." He said and sat on the opposite chair, directly facing me.

 

I looked at him, slowly shaking my head with perplexed expression written on my face as numerous questions clouded my mind. He stared back at me, trying to suppress a laugh.

 

"Wow. You smell so good. You smell like Mark Tuan."

 

"I have been fangirling over him for one year and...."

 

"He kissed her... on the forehead!"

 

"I don't know why I'm so affected by that kiss..."

 

"Could it be perhaps because I am really falling for that Mark freakin' Tuan?"

 

"Oh my god. NO WAY!" I collapsed my head on the table in complete embarrassment.

 

Did I really say all those things?!!!

 

I heard him laugh. "Hey. Drink that miso soup first while it's still warm." He said. I slowly lifted my head and awkwardly looked at him. He just smiled before he stood again, getting a glass of apple juice and toast sandwich.

 

I looked at him closely, scrutinizing his every single move. His hair was a bit messy but in a peculiarly y way. He was totally acting like a real boss in my own kitchen. If my messed-up memory was serving me right, I was indirectly making a very embarrassing confession to him last night… in my thwarted, drunken state!

 

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE MIA?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!!!

 

I was literally screaming in my head in total humiliation.

 

"Wait... why… how… ugh… what… happened?" I curiously asked.

 

"You called me." He replied, placing the glass of juice and toast sandwich within my reach.

 

"I did?!"

 

He nodded.

 

"No. I called Nikki. I am pretty sure of that."

 

"You can check your call logs." He suggested. And I did. There were eight missed calls from Jaehyun oppa, three from Nikki, and one outgoing call to… yeah… Mark Tuan. How am I supposed to trust my own memory now?

 

"Ah... ah... wait...." I massaged my head lightly. I was feeling dizzy again. "Aish."

 

"You should eat… and then you take a rest after." He said, somewhat looking concerned.

 

Why are you still here Mark Tuan?! Why are you still here after that embarrassing event last night? And why do you sound so concerned?!

 

"Aish. I've never thought getting out of bed could be tougher than climbing out of the subterranean pit. Damn hangover." I stated, gulping another spoonful of miso soup.

 

He chuckled. "So… do you remember now the crazy things you did last night?” He asked with a mischievous look on his pretty face.

 

I swallowed hard while looking at him with a staggered expression. “C… crazy… things?”

 

“You were so drunk last night…” He laughed a bit.

 

I immediately looked down and averted my attention to the soup while lifelessly swirling it. "Ah... I... I... I probably have said some things I shouldn't have said.” I awkwardly started reasoning out. “Just don't mind them. I tend to... you know... joke a lot when I'm drunk." I said, not looking at him.

 

What the? Joke a lot when drunk? That was so lame, Mia. So lame. Ugh. This is way too embarrassing. Can I just evaporate right now?!

 

After contemplating for a few seconds, I forced myself to look cheerful and took the courage to look him in the eyes. "You know how some people have these weird drinking habits, right?” I was starting to sound desperate already with all these persuasion going on, my hands both helping me do the talking. “As for me, I tend to uh… tell the exact opposite of the truth. Hehe. That’s so weird, right?” I continued to laugh awkwardly. “So, maybe I told you some weird stuff last night? They weren’t actually true. Hehehe.”

 

He just nodded his head while eating his sandwich.

 

That’s it? He’s convinced already?!

 

Or is he just making fun of me right now?

 

“So, there are cases like that, huh?” He asked, looking all amused.

 

“Yeah. It’s…uh… it’s a very very rare case.” I said and continued with my crooked lies. “You know the saying, ‘In wine, there is truth, right?’ Apparently, I drank beer, not wine. So, technically, what I’ve been saying last night was not really true.” I said and I have to say that that was the lamest excuse ever told in the history of drunken people who have unconsciously spilled their guts.

 

“You have a pretty weird habit.” He smiled mischievously and leaned his back on the chair, rubbing his chin while looking at me intently as if reading my mind through my eyes.

 

“Hehe. I know, right?” I anxiously laughed and continued with the soup. “But wait… who helped me change my clothes?” I asked, wide-eyed. “You didn’t really… oh my god.” I placed my arms across my chest acting all flimsy and suspicious.

 

“I had no choice.” He was smiling so happily, showing his perfect set of teeth, that my blood was starting to boil.

 

“Yaaaaaaaaaaaa!”

 

He laughed. “Nikki arrived after a few minutes.”

 

My facial muscles calmed and I sighed in relief. “You sure?”

 

He nodded. “Are you sure you can’t remember anything?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter