Chapter 38

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Nikki’s POV]

 

“You’re back!” Hoya grinned as he greeted us on the doorway to his apartment, wearing an apron like an adorable house husband. “How was the bus date?” He asked, making way for us to get inside. Mia just passed by him, directly heading to the guest bedroom.

 

“What happened to her? It seemed like she’s got all the problems in the world.” Hoya curiously asked me.

 

“Exactly!” I sighed. “What did you prepare for dinner?”

 

“Oh!” Hoya’s face lit up. “I roasted some chicken!” He proudly said.

 

“Really? Yes!” I pumped my fist happily in the air as if I haven’t eaten for ages. “Wait, I’ll call Mia first.” I said, jogging my way towards the guest bedroom. When I got there, Mia was staring at her phone.

 

“Hey, Mi! Let’s eat! Hoya roasted some chicken! Wohoo!” I said, brightening up her mood.

 

“Nik, that shiningflyboy just posted a photo of Mark’s message to her in Twitter. It’s the buzz among the fans right now.”

 

“Really?” I neared and sat beside her on the bed, peeking on her phone. “Whoa. Fans are surely jealous of her now.” I then looked at Mia and observed her facial expressions.

 

“Hey, it’s just fanservice. Don’t try to over think.” I advised.

 

“But does he have to add ‘noona, you’re mine’?” Mia started wailing like a kid, “What does he even mean by that? He was singing me their Mine song Wednesday night, and now he’s telling the same thing to another fangirl?!” I could totally feel the infuriation in my best friend’s voice.

 

“You sound like a jealous girlfriend now.” I chuckled and hugged her afterwards. And then her phone rang.

 

“It’s Mark.” She said.

 

“Uh-oh. Don’t answer it. Let’s eat first. Let him think that he probably did something wrong.” I suggested. “And no. You’re not over-reacting.”

 

“Probably a good idea. I’m hungry too. Let’s go.”

 

---

 

[Mia’s POV]

 

Jigeumcheoreom manmanmanmanman man

Isseojumyeon nannannannannan

Baralge eopseuni neon amugeotdo

Bakkulji mamamamama

 

Amu geokjeongmamamamamama

Neoui modeunge dadadada da joheunikka

Neoneun amugeotdo bakkulji mamamamama

 

The entire fandom chanted the members’ names as soon as they came up on stage, all clad in fashionably cute and colorful outfits, and sending hundreds of ecstatic fans to their feet. We were seated at the third row, bringing our light sticks with us and singing to the addicting beat of their newest single. Being camera-deprived inside the venue has rendered us to fully enjoy their endearing vocals and playful dance moves.

 

Everybody looked so fun to watch but my eyes remained loyal to that flying tuna… I mean, Tuan. He was wearing his yellow donut hoodie. His eyes seemed to search for me in the crowd, and when our eyes met, he smiled.

 

“Are you going to their fan signing event later?” The blonde-haired fansite master named Claire asked me as soon as GOT7 finished recording their performance. And yes, she is seated at my right. I think the heavens are trying to send me a message now.

 

I just nodded my head.

 

“Cool. Shall we go there together? It’s actually just near my university.” She excitedly suggested.

 

We were now starting to move out of the venue, giving way for the excited ELFs since Super Junior would be the next group to perform.

 

“Which university? Yonsei?” Nikki asked.

 

“Yup.” She proudly replied.

 

“I actually brought my car with me.” She said.

 

“You have your own car?!” I asked, wide-eyed. Fansite masters are surely living the good life.

 

“If you insist…” Nikki grinned, taking advantage of the offer.

 

“We should probably go now. We need to get the best seats, and by best, I mean the very front row, right at the very center!” Claire said, talking like a total expert in this field.

 

“But… Jackson is still MC-ing.” Nikki said, hesitant to leave.

 

“You’ll have more of Jackson later. Trust me.” Claire assured, and Nikki faked an excited beam as if she has never conversed with the great Jackson Wang before.

 

We left the venue and in a few minutes, we arrived inside the fan sign event venue in Sinchon. Fortunately, nobody was there yet and we were able to secure the best seats that Claire has been referring earlier.

 

“Wow. We are the first to arrive.” Nikki said in awe as she walked down the hall which would surely be packed with GOT7 fans in an hour or two. But before we could even take our seats, fans started to fill the venue one by one. It turned out that we were just a minute earlier than them.

 

“Wow. How did you do it?” I asked Claire in mixed awe and praise as we sat in the very front seats.

 

“I just know. It’s a fan’s instinct.” She replied with a proud smirk. “We almost lost the best seats.” She sighed in relief.

 

“So that’s why you always get the best shots of Mark.” Nikki said, unable to restrain herself from praising her as well. “And you got your own car. That must’ve made things a lot easier.”

 

“Yeah. The car helped a lot. The others still have to grab a cab or take the subway train.” She said.

 

I observed Claire as she sat on the chair, preparing her camera and adjusting its settings. She looked like a total pro at being a fansite master and in all honesty, it was kind of cool and amazing. Her long blonde hair, facial features and the way she dresses up could give people the ‘fierce’ impression, but she has that miraculously sweet vibe every time she smiles. My unbiased opinion of her had me thinking, ‘How many Claires could possibly be swarming around Mark Tuan right now? Does he treat them all like how he treated Claire last night?’ After all, he’s a guy. And normal guys his age surely love and enjoy getting pretty girls’ attention.

 

I allowed my eyes to roam around the venue. Fans are already flocking inside the hall, occupying each empty seat. Most of the people sitting at the very front row have their huge, expensive-looking DSLR cameras with them. And they all looked the same to me – fab, cool, and chic. So, this is how all their fansite masters look like? I’m doomed. Mark Tuan surely is a big deal.

 

“Guess what? I’m going to the US by the end of this month!” Claire excitedly said.

 

“Oh, you’re visiting your parents?” Nikki asked.

 

“Partly. But hey, you don’t know yet?”

 

“The what?” I asked, confused.

 

“GOT7 has been added to the list of performers for KCON LA!”

 

“Really? So, you’re going to LA just for that?” Nikki asked, surprised. “That would cost a lot!” She added.

 

“I told you. I was born and raised in the US. My parents are there.”

 

“In LA?”

 

“No. Texas. More than a thousand miles away from Cali.” She chuckled. “But it’s just a plane ride away, so it’s okay. At least I’m closer to home. My parents are beyond thrilled now.”

 

Nikki and I just exchanged knowing glances. Rich kids surely are on a different level.

 

“Oh my… They’re here!” Claire forcefully whispered as she quickly directed his camera to Mark who has just appeared onstage through the backstage curtains. They are still wearing the same outfits that they wore at Inkigayo earlier – Mark in his infamous yellow donut hoodie.

 

I fixed my attention to him and him alone, waiting for his eyes to meet with mine. I kind of miss the feeling of being wonderfully lost in his gaze while standing or sitting close to him. The past few days have been terribly busy that the only way that I could see him is by watching their music videos again and again or by being one among the crowd. I used to be okay with just that – and the exchange of texts and late-night calls – but as each day passed by, I kept on yearning for something more… something th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter