Chapter 21

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Mia's POV]

 

"I think this is the place..." Jaehyun said as he slowly turned his car towards what seemed to be an entrance of a mini forest trail.

 

"I really have no idea." I honestly stated.

 

"I think I'm seeing some light. Are they having campfire?" Nikki asked from the backseat.

 

"Who are these guys again? GOT7?" Jaehyun asked.

 

"Ne." Nikki responded. "But don't worry, there's Amber from f(x) and probably some other female staff... you really don't have to worry about Mia." I immediately shot Nikki a look through the rearview mirror.

 

Jaehyun laughed. "It's not like that... You said they're the guest Kpop idols during KCON, right?"

 

"Ne." I answered.

 

"It must be nice, huh? You used to spazz about them in the office and now you're hanging out with them." Jaehyun chuckled. Nikki and I suddenly laughed at the memory of us silently spazzing in our tables while Jaehyun was just making fun of us.

 

"We're pretty cool, right?" I joked.

 

"You've always been cool... and smart... and really pretty..." Jaehyun continued talking. I coughed. "We're here, I think..." I finally said.

 

Jaehyun laughed. He perfectly knows it makes me awkward when he starts throwing me compliments.

 

"Oppa, jinjja komawo!" Nikki said with all the feelings she could muster.

 

Jaehyun laughed again. "Geurae! Have fun!"

 

"Thanks." I told him. And then he slightly tilted his head to his right as if telling me that it's no big deal at all.

 

But it's a big deal to me! Every time he does something for me, I kind of feel bad about it. He's just too kind that I sometimes feel burdened.

 

"Ya. Jaehyun oppa is no joke. He really likes you to death! I swear!!!" Nikki started chattering again as soon as Jaehyun drove away. "And he doesn't mind if you're hanging out with your favorite idols. He doesn't see them as a threat. Whoa! He's way too cool!!!"

 

"Aish. I really don't know. I kind of feel bad that he drove all the way here just for... this... this camping with GOT7."

 

"Ya. He understands your fangirl heart pretty well. He's just the ideal man you're supposed to marry..."

 

"Ya. Just shut up. Marry? Have you gone nuts? It's too early for that."

 

"But Jaehyun oppa is nearing 28."

 

"And I'm still 22. Marriage is totally out of the picture yet."

 

"Fine. Just call Jackson that we're here. I think it'd be embarrassing that we'd just suddenly appear on the scene without warning. Who knows who the other members invited?!"

 

"Arasseo." And then I dialed Jackson's number.

 

"Noonaaaaaa!!!" Jackson was running like crazy towards us.

 

"Sorry if we're kind of late. We went to the apartment first to get some stuff." I said, motioning at our backpacks.

 

"Jinjja gwaenchana. As long as you're here." Jackson grinned.

 

"Nikki noona, annyeong!" Jinyoung casually raised his hand as his form of greeting. "Mia noona, annyeong!"

 

"Annyeong!" I greeted back.

 

"Whoa. It's the first time you called me noona." Nikki told Jinyoung.

 

"Jackson insisted I should call you noona." He replied with a grin.

 

"He's not even calling me noona." I shot Jackson a look.

 

"I told you it's weird." Jackson said.

 

"Ya. What makes it weird?!"

 

"Jackson. Let's go. The others are already waiting for us..." Jinyoung cut the two and the four of us headed our way to an empty lot surrounded by towering trees with a campfire at the center and a couple of tents on the sides. There was too much talking and laughing. Some were seated at the long wooden benches encircling the fire. The others were busy grilling the pork barbecue. And then there were some who were running around the area while cracking up some jokes. Then there was Nichkhun and then 15&'s Jimin and then Taecyeon! Whoah. I thought they were inviting foreign friends only? And then there were two Asian guys I do not know. And sitting right beside Mark, there was Yumi.

 

My hunch was right.

 

Ouch.

 

"Mia..." Nikki spoke and our eyes did the talking for us.

 

"Eo! Annyeong haseyo!" BTOB’s Sungjae greeted us as soon as he saw us coming towards their direction. "Noona!!!" Yugyeom and Bambam called out together. And then I caught a glimpse of his eyes.

 

He smiled. I smiled back. But it was awkward.

 

Yumi looked exceptionally beautiful. She was wearing a long flowing Bohemian dress that reached her toes. Her eyes were so Asian, and her long hair just had the right amount of curls. She was smiling so brightly while having a conversation with him.

 

And here I am in my plain white shirt, skinny jeans, and red windbreaker jacket sitting in between Nikki and Jackson. Perfect.

 

"You must be Mia?" I heard Amber's voice and I looked up. I realized that she was standing from across us while grilling the pork barbecue together with Nichkhun and Taecyeon.

 

"Ah. Ne!" I stood up realizing that I should be lending her some help. "Let me help you...." I offered and walked towards her.

 

"No... it's okay. You guys are the guests here."

 

"No. I insist. It's weird that some famous KPOP stars are grilling the pork barbecue for me." I said. She laughed. "Okay. Fine."

 

I secretly glanced at Taecyeon and Nichkun. They stood so tall with their perfect broad shoulders, and both looked so fine and handsome up close that I couldn't help but utter some words directed to them. "You guys are so handsome..." I sounded like a fan who was about to pass out. Amber laughed. And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter