Chapter 12

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We took one last glance at the beautiful panorama from the glass windows of Tien Yi Chinese Restaurant before heading down to do some quick window shopping and sightseeing. Looking down at the city from our vantage point, the skyline looked so incredible and lofty, and beyond the mountains to the north of the city, the rest of China simmers. Everything I’ve heard about Hong Kong’s restlessness and energy is dramatically reaffirmed by the view I am enjoying right now.

 

“Hey, let’s take a group shot guys!” Jackson called out as he handed his phone to a restaurant staff. We immediately gathered near the glass windows with the beautiful Hong Kong panorama as our background. Papa Tuan was at the center, in between Nikki and I, and GOT7 were positioned on the sides.

 

We took the elevator to the Ground Floor, and looked at the wide arrays of fashion items and accessories ranging from local to international brands. Nikki and I decided to buy some souvenirs for our friends and family back home. Finally, after an hour of moving out and about the area, GOT7 and Papa Tuan said that they have to leave already since they still have a flight to catch up.

 

“We’re actually leaving, too!” Nikki said in response to Papa Tuan. “We have to meet up with a friend in Kowloon by 6PM.” She added, which is actually true. We have this friend from high school who just arrived at HK last night, and we decided to have dinner together.

 

“Oh. So, we’ll ride the tram going down together then!” Jackson said excitedly.

 

And so, we spent the final moments of our ‘piece-of-heaven-on-earth’ experience at the tram. As I was about to step inside, the shoelace on my left shoe went loose and I have to bend down to tie it. The rest were already inside and from outside through the windows, I could spot Jackson assigning seats to s like a boss.

 

“You okay?” I looked up and saw the ever handsome GOT7 leader in his infamous eye smiles.

 

“Ah. Yes, yes. I got this one.” I answered and immediately tied the lace. The gentleman leader waited for me to finish tying the lace, and we went inside the tram together.

 

As soon as we stepped inside, Nikki was already seated next to Jackson, Papa Tuan with Yugyeom, and Bambam was next to Youngjae. Jinyoung waved at JB and motioned for him to seat next to him, leaving me with no less than the fine Mark Tuan. I could spot Nikki and Jackson chuckling as they saw my panicked face.

 

“Hey, you like to be seated near the window?” Mark Tuan stood from where he was seated and gestured for me to sit near the window.

 

I just gulped hard and slowly made my way to that section where I am supposed to be seated since I was left with no choice. All the other seats were now occupied!

 

“Thanks.” I murmured as soon as I sat down. I was not sure if he heard it or not; I could barely even hear my own voice! Within a few seconds, the tram started running and like a reflex, I dug my earphones from my backpack and inserted it in my I Phone 6. It’s not because I am trying to get away with all the awkwardness again, it’s just that being the music lover that I am, rides like these become much more fun if I listen to my favorite songs.

 

“Hey….” His voice made its way to my eardrums despite the earphones attached to my ears. I removed the earphone on my left ear and gave him a questioning look, trying so hard not to swoon over the fact that the famous Mark Tuan is trying to get my attention.

 

“Hey, you’re not just going to ignore me during the entire ride, are you?” Mark asked, and I had to remove the other earphone on my right ear to make sure that I heard him right. The sentence just sounded so narcissistic it sounded more like Jackson Wang than Mark Tuan.

 

“Eh? Ah…. no… it’s just…” I stuttered.

 

“What are you listening?” He asked again and grabbed the left earphone from my fingers; chills suddenly running down my spine from the sudden contact. And then I realized the song which was currently playing was my own cover of Standing Egg’s He Loves Me!

 

“Hey!” I said, trying to grab back the earphone but his reflexes were way faster and he was already listening to the song.

 

“Wow. Is this you?!” Mark questioned with an amazed facial expression and I suddenly felt my cheeks burning from that look he was giving me.

 

“Ah… Yeah. Give that back to me.” I said, a bit embarrassed.

 

“Wait… what song is this?” He asked as I put the other side of the earphone on my left ear.

 

“He Loves Me by Standing Egg.” I answered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter