Chapter 5

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Noona?” Jackson immediately recognized me.

 

“Hey, what are you both doing here?” I looked behind them and realized we were standing in front of a Dimsum house situated just beside the Seven Eleven store.

 

“We’re waiting for manager-nim. But it’s been 15 minutes since the agreed time, and he’s still not here.” Jackson explained.

 

“What are you even doing here in the first place?” I asked, forcing myself to keep calm even when the pretty boy Mark Tuan and the wild and y Jackson Wang are only a few inches away from me.

 

But before they could respond, my stomach betrayed me and made a rumbling sound.

 

Uh-oh.

 

Both of them looked at me, brows raised in surprise, and together, they burst into laughter.

 

Mark Tuan is laughing!

 

MARK TUAN IS LAUGHING!!!

 

Ah! That sound of his laugh I’ve been dying to hear in person!

 

Embarrassment hit me a second later. “I’m really sorry. I haven’t eaten anything since lunch.” I said, weakly holding my stomach.

 

“We should grab you something to eat, noona.” Jackson suggested.

 

“That’s actually what I was planning to do right now.” I said, and headed to the convenience store to buy some hotdog in a bun, perhaps? Yeah, that would do just fine. The pretty boy and the funny guy followed me looking like innocent and lost puppies.

 

It was a relief that there were no customers inside. I went to the cashier right away to pay for the pocari sweat and hotdog in a bun that I’ve already started eating, while the two were still looking at the displays. Just then, a group of teenage girls went inside the store. I carefully observed and listened to their conversation, a bit paranoid that they might turn out to be IGOT7s.

 

“What are you going to wear tomorrow?” The red-head girl with headphones hanging around her neck asked.

 

“I’ll be wearing that GOT7 shirt that I purchased online. You?”

 

What?

 

I immediately grabbed the coins that the cashier placed on the counter for my change, and went to Jackson and Mark, a bit careful so as not to make a suspicious scene. I gestured for Jackson to wear his sunnies, and told Mark to lower his snapback. When I spotted the girls already heading to our direction, I immediately grabbed Jackson’s hand and we quickly made our way to the exit.

 

As I looked back, I realized that Mark wasn’t following us and so I headed back inside, silently thanking the heavens that the girls didn’t seem to notice him yet. They seemed to be very busy with whatever they were talking about. I could bet my life into it, though. They’re talking about GOT7.

 

I quickly grabbed Mark’s hand while he was still busy staring at the rack, and in an instant, my entire body felt that weird sensation that suddenly brought me in a state of pure ecstasy. His hand was not too warm and not too cold, and they seem to electrocute my whole being a million times in a million different ways, all bodily senses instantly activated. It only lasted for a few seconds, but it made me physically, mentally, and spiritually disturbed!

 

We safely made our way out, and I immediately let go of his hand. I could feel my cheeks burning, but they didn’t seem to notice it since there was bad lighting outside. Thank God.

 

“What exactly happened back there?” Jackson asked.

 

“You’ve got fans back there.” I simply stated.

 

“Oh.” Mark calmly remarked.

 

“Anyways, you guys need to return back to your hotel room now. Your fans might spot you here. It could be dangerous. Well, it’s not like fans are really dangerous, but you really don’t want to make a scene here, do you?” I sounded like a nagging mother all of a sudden.

 

“Manager-nim’s not here yet so...” Jackson replied.

 

“Call him.”

 

“We didn’t bring our phones.” Mark said.

 

What? Are these guys even serious?

 

“Okay. I’ll call him.”

 

As I was about to make a call, the group of teenage girls went out of the convenience store. I panicked again, and gestured the two to follow me. We sneakily walked around the corner and before I knew it, we were already a few meters away from our condominium.

 

“Noona, where are we going?” Jackson asked.

 

“I have no choice. I think I need to bring you home first. And then I’ll ask a friend who’s got a car to send you back to the hotel. I’ll just call your manager so that he won’t be worrying his out.”

 

“Cool.” Jackson happily said and caught up with me, mouth grinning from ear to ear. I just realized that he’s only a few inches taller than me.

 

I looked back and gestured Mark to walk faster, still trying to keep my cool and concealing the fact that my fan girl heart is screaming unexplainable happiness at the moment. Could this day get any luckier?

 

We made our way to the elevator and punched the number 5 button. There was awkward silence all of a sudden while we stood there inside the tiny moving compartment slowly making its way to the fifth floor. To break the silence, I started dialing their manager’s phone.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” A man’s voice answered at the other end of the line.

 

“Hello? It’s Mia from the Korean Cultural Center. I’m calling to tell you that Jackson and Mark are with me.”

 

“Really?! Dahaengida!” The manager sighed in relief. “How did you find them?”

 

I explained how I ended up being with the pretty boy an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter