Chapter 41

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Mia’s POV]

 

“Mia.” I heard him speaking my name ever so delicately. I turned around to face him.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

His eyes had an intense, burning gaze, making me squirm in silence for a moment. We were sitting so close to each other and his right hand found its way to my waist again. The contact made me slightly dizzy. I rested my head between his shoulder and his chest. As we neared the top, the world suddenly felt quiet; the music and the crowds fading.

 

 “Mia.” He whispered my name again like a prayer.

 

I raised my head up, and that was when I felt his soft lips pressed onto mine – a slow, perfect, time-stood-still kind of kiss. I don’t know if it’s the continued motion of the cable that is making me dizzy again or the gentle pressure of his mouth on my lips, but either way, the feeling is ecstatic that I just don't want the moment to end. I gasped as I felt his hands on my neck, so strong and steady, gently my neck using his thumb. The slow, easy kiss became frenzied as we both fought to calm our breathing.

 

Mark.

 

His hand continued to caress my neck, pulling me closer to him. His accelerated breathing somehow made me tingle with pleasure. My brain was in a foggy haze.

 

Mark.

 

I ran my fingers through his blonde hair as I allowed the waves of bliss to wash over me. And then I suddenly felt him smiling against my lips. Our lips parted to make way for the smile with our foreheads resting against each other.

 

I’ve gone totally crazy for this guy.

 

“Mia, what are you doing to me?” He whispered, hands still gently holding my neck and face not moving even an inch away from mine. His hot breath on my face made my skin tingle once more. I pursed my lips together. How am I supposed to resist you, Mark?

 

And then he brushed my hair sideways and kissed me again, as if conveying his feelings through his lips. His right hand slowly rubbed my arms, and moved down, outlining my waist and my hips, and in a sudden twist, he was massaging my thigh. I gasped in surprise. My legs were already trembling. My heart was pounding wildly.

 

I reached up to his face and his skin from the side of his forehead, down the length of his cheek, to his jaw. It was so soft and smooth, cleanly shaved as always as if no hair ever grew there at all.

 

Mark Tuan, what did I ever do to deserve you? You are beyond perfection.

 

---

 

“Hyung, eodi kasseo?” Yugyeom asked us where we’ve been as soon as we arrived at the Tuan’s residence thirty minutes past ten in the evening. I felt guilty for a reason. But God knows how hard I tried to restrain myself from taking things a little too far after they almost got out of hand an hour ago. Mark and I exchanged awkward glances.

 

“We just grabbed some fresh air.” Mark tried to reply coolly. I nodded my head in support. The rest of the members were all in the living room together with the LA homies, watching some show on TV.

 

“Hey Mark. We definitely have some catching up to do, man.” Someone from the homies said with a rather teasing wink. I felt all eyes looking at me.

 

“Uncle Mark!” Kylie appeared and ran to greet his handsome uncle, hugging his legs. Mark bent down and swiftly took the kid into his arms.

 

“Uncle Mark, is she your girlfriend?”

 

I gulped hard when the innocent kid threw the question right in front of everyone.

 

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds. Yumi was there, just a few feet away from me. She looked at me with distressed eyes.

 

“Hey Kylie, come here! Your Uncle Mark is still tired.” Tammy miraculously appeared, breaking the silence as she took Kylie from Mark. “Mia, are you hungry?” She turned to ask me with a conspiring just-say-yes-and-follow-me smile.

 

“Uhm… yeah…” I answered and scampered to follow Tammy to the dining room just so I could get away from the attention.

 

“Hyung, iri wa!” I heard Bambam summoning Mark to join them.

 

“How was Disneyland?” Tammy asked as soon as I sat on the dining table. She motioned Joey to come over and take the kids with him for a while.

 

“M…magical.” I kept my reply brief and simple, taking a slice of the roasted turkey. The scent coming from the wide array of food choices was seriously inviting.

 

“Sure it was.” Tammy beamed, joining me in the table.

 

“I was so busy earlier I forgot I haven’t had a full dinner yet.” Tammy chuckled. “You should come over next time and stay a little longer.” She added. My bones itched in excitement at her proposal.

 

“Yeah… Next time. I’ll definitely work on that one.” I laughed.

 

“Yeah. We could go on an endless roadtrip and hit the beach.” Tammy eagerly said. I nodded excitedly.

 

“Hey, don’t forget you have kids.” Papa Tuan butted in the conversation and sat beside his daughter.

 

Tammy sighed. “I know. I know.”

 

Papa looked at me, saying “Tammy can’t accompany you with the endless roadtrip thing. But Mama and I will be more than happy to take her place.” Papa Tuan beamed with his happy moustache.

 

“Hey. You can’t be gone for too long. You’re not as young as you think anymore.” Tammy rebutted. I laughed.

 

“Don’t underestimate your parents, kid. We’re still full of energy and as vibrant as the youth.” Papa Tuan countered.

 

Tammy just laughed at him. I laughed watching the two exchanging hilarious attacks against each other.

 

“Where’s mom by the way?”

 

“She’s already taking a rest.” Papa replied.

 

“Full of energy and… what’s the other word again? Vibrant?” Tammy quickly remarked.

 

“Fine. You win. This old man is now taking a rest as well.” Papa said, laughing at himself as he stood. “Take care of Mia, and the rest of the kids. Tell them to lower down their voices.” Papa said. The lively conversations from the living room could be heard all the way to the dining table.

 

“Yezzir.” Tammy replied with a smirk. “Kids, not too noisy. The old folks are trying to get some rest.” Tammy shouted. We heard an immediate yes after a second, but the loud conversations persisted.

 

Tammy chuckled. “It will be a long night, Daddy.”

 

Papa Tuan comically sighed in defeat.

 

“Just make sure to bring Mia a new bed sheet and a clean blanket to her room.” Papa reminded.

 

“I know. I got it. Go and take a rest.” Tammy said.

 

---

 

“This is Mark’s room.” Tammy said, showing me his brother’s room – all neat and masculine. “I made sure to clean it before you arrived. I’ll be back and bring you a new bed sheet and comforter.”

 

“Thank you so much. You’ve been so nice to me.” I said ever so gratefully.

 

“Hey. No worries.” She winked. “I’ll be right back.”

 

While waiting, I allowed myself to explore the small yet orderly room – books perfectly lined up on the right side of the shelf, and GOT7 albums and merchandise on the other side, a flat screen at the center, some gamer’s tools near it, a closet, a bed, a side table with a lampshade, and a huge Mark Tuan frame plastered on the wall from their GOTCHA in Malaysia photoshoot.

 

I stared at the man on the wall for a minute, taking in his perfection as the photo stared back at me. I smiled weirdly and shivered uncontrollably as I remembered what happened earlier in the ferries wheel. Things almost got a little too far – his mouth on my lips, his one hand on my neck, the other on my thigh. My legs suddenly trembled as my imagination took over. When I heard a knock on the door, I immediately shook the thoughts away.

 

Damn hormones. Get a hold of yourself, Mia. Mark’s sister is here.

 

I opened the door right away, thinking that Tammy might have a hard time opening it due to the bed sheet and comforter. But when I opened it, an unexpected visitor appeared.

 

Mark Tuan.

 

I smell danger.

 

“Hey.” He greeted with a gorgeous smile as he stood at the doorway.

 

“Hey.” I gulped hard and smiled back.

 

“Would you mind letting me in inside MY room?” He asked, emphasizing the ‘my’ part.

 

I coughed. “Tammy mentioned you’re sleeping at Joey’s room.” I replied nervously.

 

“Yeah. We’re not sleeping yet, though.” He smirked, pushing me aside and diving into the bed.

 

“Ahhhh! I’m so tired! This feels good!” He yelped out of comfort from the familiarity of his own bed.

 

I shut the door closed and laughed at him. “Hey sleepyhead. Get up. Your room is on the next door.” I said, nearing him. He shifted his body sideways, his hand supporting his head as he looked at my direction.

 

I laughed.

 

“Why are you laughing?” He asked, confused.

 

“I suddenly remember Jackson.” I said. “Just relax.” I mimicked Jackson’s voice.

 

He immediately let go of that position and rested his body comfortably on the bed with his face facing the ceiling.

 

“Ya. Get up. We still need to change the bed sheet.” I said, taking more nervous steps towards the bed. He then closed his eyes, showing defiance. He looked exceptionally beautiful and divine that I was battling at myself whether to disturb him or not.

 

But, no! I have to get Mark Tuan out of this room. Right now!

 

“Hey.” I lightly shook his body, barely touching his leg.

 

“Ya.”

 

“Ya!”

 

“Hey Mark.”

 

I took a few more steps and poked his left arm.

 

“Ya. Mark freakin’ Tuan. Get up or else…”

 

In a swift second, his left arm suddenly grabbed my right hand and I almost landed on top of him if not for my fast reflexes. My left arm thankfully supported the weight of my body as it positioned itself right on the side of Mark’s heavenly face. Our faces were too close for comfort though and my long hair was all over the sides of his face. His nearness overwhelmed me again – his masculine scent, his grip on my arm slowly crawling towards my face, the warm air coming out of his nose and lips. Before I knew it, he was already too close.

 

I gulped hard once more as he held my gaze for a while.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter