Chapter 15

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wow. What are you guys doing here?!” Nikki asked, still astounded by the situation. The rest of GOT7 have started moving the other tables and combined it to ours.

 

“Excuse me? Nikki, what kind of question is that? To eat, of course! You think we’d come here to sleep?” Jackson replied in his usual sarcastic tone and everyone on the table laughed in an instant.

 

“He’s just trying to be funny.” Junior, who was seated next to Mark, countered in response to Nikki’s stunned expression.

 

I laughed. “I know. I know. It’s just that the way he talks makes me think that we’re really close... like the last time we met was just days ago instead of months ago.” Nikki said in all honesty.

 

“Jackson hyung has that kind of effect. He acts like he’s close to everybody.” Bambam, who was seated beside Jackson, explained.

 

“What?! Fine. No comment.” Jackson said and tried to shut his mouth but it only lasted for a few seconds. He turned to Junior and whispered something to him and both suddenly cracked into a charming laugh.

 

“Seriously, you usually have your lunch here?” I finally spoke up and asked Mark who was seated beside me.

 

“No way! This place is too expensive!” Bambam butted in. “Mark hyung suggested that we have our lunch here today.”

 

“What? No. It was Jackson!” Mark opposed.

 

“Me? Ah okay. It was me. Because I saw Nikki’s post in Instagram. It’s Mia noona’s birthday today!” Jackson announced and the rest ooooh-ed and ahhhh-ed as if my birthday is such an amusing thing. Well, except for Mark who seemed to know already that it’s my birthday.

 

“You saw my post?” Nikki asked, trying to suppress her butterflies-in-the-stomach smile.

 

“I’m following you in Instagram, remember?” Jackson replied like it’s not really a big deal.

 

“Happy happy birthday!!!” Youngjae sang in his self-composed tune of the birthday song which resulted to a wave of laugh from us. He is just so awkwardly adorable.

 

“Ya. We should properly sing a birthday song to Mia noona.” JB, who was seated at the head of the table, between me and Nikki, suggested.

 

“Keurohke hae.” Jackson agreed and GOT7 was now singing me a happy birthday spiced up with a bit of the maknae-line’s aegyo. It was such an endearing sight to behold and I could clearly hear Mark’s deep singing voice beside me. I couldn’t help but steal glances at him from time to time.

 

“Waaaah! Thank you so much! This is like uh… the best birthday gift ever!” I said, almost out-of-words and with overflowing emotions.

 

“You are the luckiest IGOT7 in the universe, dude. You should pay for their lunch!” Nikki tactlessly said and everyone was clapping at her suggestion.

 

“Jinjja?!” Jackson asked in an adorably pleased expression which screamed ‘Please say yes noona!’

 

How am I supposed to say “No” to this!?

 

“Okay! My treat! Order whatever you like then!” I ultimately said, not minding the consequences my bank account will be suffering later on. It’s my birthday, after all. I am bound to share my blessings.

 

“Hey. You don’t really have to do this.” Mark finally spoke up to me, our eyes meeting.

 

“It’s okay. It’s my birthday treat. Be my guest!” I said.

 

“You have an awesome set of guests!” Nikki stated and we started our telepathic conversation again.

 

“How long have you been here in Korea?” Junior asked, directing the question to Nikki, as soon as the additional orders have been served.

 

“Uhm… more than two weeks already…” Nikki replied and the two of us exchanged looks again.

 

“Whoa. I saw that!!!” Jackson exclaimed.

 

“What?” Nikki asked in an innocent facial expression.

 

“After you talked to Jinyoung, Mia noona gave you this look…” He tried to imitate the teasing look I gave Nikki earlier. This guy is so funny I suddenly could not stop laughing.

 

“Jinyoungie, this girl really likes you!” Jackson turned to Jinyoung, his left thumb pointed at Nikki’s direction.

 

“Ya! Wang Jackson!” Nikki exclaimed in a voice that sounded like she would want to give Jackson a serious smack down.

 

“See?” Jackson said, his face all amused and teasing.

 

“Ya!” Nikki just yelled at him as if trying to shut him up and Jinyoung was just smiling the whole time.

 

“Noona… if you have time… you should come and ah… mwohaji…” Yugyeom turned to Bambam as if to ask for an English translation. “Ah… ah… yes, visit us if you have time… in our place…” He succeeded in finishing his sentence and the other members were giving him a mischievous look.


“Our maknae is not really pure and innocent like he claims to be.” Jinyoung said, his English suddenly sounded perfect in my ears.

 

“Ya! Keuge aniya…” Yugyeom laughed and countered. “It’s because noona treated us for lunch… so… ah… we must… we must also prepare something for her.”

 

“Oh. Our Yugyeom is making sense.” JB stated.

 

“Ok. Ok. Daeume. Next time.” Jackson said. “Mark hyung, why are you not talking?”

 

“What? I’m eating.” Mark replied and stuffed some food in his mouth.

 

“You are Mia noona’s favorite member. You should do some fanservice for her birthday!” Jackson proposed.

 

“Oooooh! I like that idea, Jackson!” Nikki agreed and both did high-five again.

 

“Hey stalker, what do you like me to do?” Mark gave me a look and I swear, I suddenly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter