Chapter 3

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The year went by so fast. I didn’t realize that we were already on the third quarter of the year. The Korean Cultural Center has started to become very busy preparing for the week-long celebration of the Korean Festival in October, and the grand KPOP Convention which has been set to take place on the last Sunday of the year.

 

So many things happened for the first half of the year. Nikki has been pursuing her passion, traveling to different places during weekends and holidays, and making use of her free time to update her travel blog, while I have been working on a new song composition, doing some song covers, and taking cooking lessons on Asian cuisine. Both of us have renewed our gym membership, and we’ve managed to keep ourselves fit despite of all the stress brought by our job at the cultural center.

 

The funny thing is, after several months since GOT7’s debut, we are still updated by their group, and even solo, activities. They have finished their promotions on their debut track and ended the first season of REAL GOT7. They already started penetrating the Japanese market last April when they had their first showcase in Tokyo wherein around 10,000 fans attended. And just last month, the group has released their second mini album ‘GOT LOVE’. They are currently promoting their comeback track ‘A’, and REAL GOT7 is now back on its second season.

 

We were on a discussion meeting for the upcoming festival at our building’s conference room when our Korean office administrator broke the big news to us.

 

“Guys, we have finalized the guests for the KPOP Convention. The President has already confirmed it. He used his contacts in Korea, and guess what?” There was a short pause.

 

“We’re bringing GOT7 and SISTAR!” Our office manager, who is in her early 30’s, squealed in all excitement and everyone in the room happily shouted in an instant. Most of our colleagues are on their early 20’s and are also into KPOP.

 

Nikki and I just looked at each other, mixed feelings came rushing down our veins. GOT7. We heard it right. GOT7! We’re seeing GOT7 by year-end!

 

“No way!!!” Both of us uttered the same words. And within a second or two, we hugged each other, screamed in half-sound, trying so hard not to lose our professionalism in front of our superiors.

 

“Okay. Calm down, girls. Let’s keep going.” The VP cut us off.

 

---

 

The day turned out pretty well. We happily made our way home, still trying to sink in the fact that we will be seeing GOT7 in flesh by year-end. Never did we see this one coming. We jokingly suggested inviting GOT7, but we never thought it would actually happen.

 

Days passed. Months passed. The week-long celebration of Korean Festival turned out to be a big success. We managed to invite rookie groups N.O.M. and Boys Republic to grace our Gala Night. Nikki and I were the over-all-in-charge of the event, and since it was a success, the administration granted us a Hong Kong trip by January next year. Nikki, the wanderlust, was especially beyond thrilled.

 

A day after the last day of the festival, we were already given our tasks for the upcoming KPOP Convention. Nikki was in charge of the technicalities - venue, lights, sound system - as well as the flow of the program. I was asked to assist her to draft the program flow which we are scheduled to present during the meeting next week. I was told to take care of the correspondence, letters and all, and most strikingly, I have been in charged to assist GOT7!

 

“Nikki, I know you’re also a big fan of that group, but we need you at the venue proper on the day of the event.” Miss Yoon, our office administrator, stated.

 

“I’m cool with it. I can still see them up close, anyway.” Nikki said with all p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter