Chapter 24

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Nikki’s POV]

 

Equipped with a camera, a sense of adventure, and a bucket list, I headed my way to Seoul right after I had my brunch at our apartment in Wonju. Although I have been in many places in Seoul during our filming, I was betting it would feel a lot different if I’d re-visit such places without bringing any sort of luggage from work.  And so, I went off.

 

I ventured the famed Gyeongbukgung Palace and explored the streets of Bukchon Hanok Village once again. I revisited the Han River and strangely saw it in a different light. I strolled along the Cheonggyecheon Stream and watched kids playing outdoor games in the middle of the big city. I shopped a bit in Hongdae and walked into unfamiliar streets while munching into some random Korean street foods. I took photos and exchanged smiles with strangers. And then I walked further and further, and I felt smaller and smaller in every single step. I was kind of lost but oddly, it felt just fine. And then I saw myself surrounded by people from all walks of life. I walked behind them, past them, beside them.

 

And in the middle of nowhere, my phone rang.

 

“Wang Jackson, what’s up?” I asked the noisy idol on the other line.

 

“So, how’s your solo trip around Seoul?” He answered me with another question.

 

“How did you know I was going solo?!”

 

“I accidentally bumped into Mia noona earlier.”

 

“What? Really?”

 

“Yeah. She’s with that hyung… uh… Jae… Jaehyun hyung?”

 

“So, w…wait. Were you with Mark when you met Mia?”

 

“Um… I’ll tell you everything when you bring me food.”

 

“What?”

 

“We’re at JYP building right now. We’ll start practicing in an hour or two. Do you want to stop by?”

 

“No way! I mean, YES! Of course!” I was beyond excited at his proposal. I was literally jumping in the middle of the streets.

 

“If you bring us food, then you’re free to come.”

 

“You’re such a sly, cunning wang puppy.”

 

“It’s now or never.” He said, and his voice suddenly cracked into his signature high-pitched laugh again.

 

I laughed. “Fine.” And then I hung up and looked around for some food nearby worthy of GOT7’s praise.

 

I arrived in front of JYP building ten minutes before the clock strikes 5 o’ clock in the afternoon with JYP’s huge photo creepily smiling down at me from the building’s façade. There were fangirls swarming around the area with their gigantic cameras, endlessly waiting there in hopes of catching a glimpse of their favorite idols from JYP. I approached the security guard and whispered to him in Korean that GOT7’s Jackson has been expecting me. His face lit up and I was soon guided to the entrance.

 

I immediately called Jackson when I reached the main lobby.

 

“I’m at the lobby already.” I whispered. There were random Korean people wearing their JYP staff ID walking back and forth around the area.

 

“Why are you whispering?”

 

“I don’t know.” I still kept my voice low for some unknown reason.

 

“Ok. Be there in five seconds!” And he hung up.

 

He showed up after five minutes instead of five seconds, running like a madman from the elevator doors, wearing, as usual, his all-black outfit and black snapback.

 

“Wohooo! What did you bring for us?” He cutely grinned and immediately snatched the packed food from my grip as soon as he was already standing in front of me.

 

“Spaghetti carbonara.” I answered. “Ya. This is really daebak!” I whispered at Jackson, eyes filled with awe while looking around the place. “Hey, am I going to meet 2PM today? How about Miss A? Or Wonder Girls?” I asked excitedly.

 

“Ey. There’s only GOT7 in the building right now.”

 

“Why???!”

 

“Ya. Nikki. You’re jeongmal lucky already to be able to step inside JYP building.” He shot me a look. But I laughed. His expressionless face just looked adorably hilarious.

 

“Ya. Did I say something funny?”

 

“No.” I resisted the urge to laugh harder.

 

“You’re jeongmal weird.” He said, and we took the elevator to the third floor.

 

“Anyways, how was your solo trip?” He asked me as soon as the elevator doors closed. It was just me and him inside the four-walled compartment.

 

“It was fun. But Seoul’s a big city of flavors and sounds and it has such a very rich history. It begged for company.” I said.

 

“I’m free tomorrow afternoon. I can accompany you.”

 

My eyes widened. “Seriously?” He just gave me a why-not-it’s-not-a-big-deal look. “I mean. Can you just freely roam around Seoul? You’re an idol!”

 

“Yeah. But it’s fine. At least, I can do a bit of fan service to my fans.”

 

“What will that make me then?”

 

“Like a personal assistant?” He laughed evilly.

 

“Ya!” I playfully attempted to hit his head. But then, being Jackson Wang’s personal assistant is not a bad idea at all. “Fine. I can take good photos of you with those huge palaces as the background. We can do a photoshoot.” I said, motioning at my camera.

 

“Sounds cool!” He grinned and gave a thumb-up. And then the doors opened.

 

We walked our way to the practice room which, as Jackson said, was the second door on the right. I walked ahead of him, all hyped and excited to meet GOT7 again. It was like meeting good old friends who could all give you butterflies in your stomach. Very handsome friends, for that matter.

 

I slowly held the knob and the door silently creaked open a bit. But what I saw from the mirror’s reflection had my mind totally blown. Only Mark Tuan was there, face all serious and standing just a few inches from… ugh… Yumi Watanabe!?

 

“Shhhh.” I put my forefinger on my lip gesturing Jackson to keep quiet. He looked through the tiny door opening. “Oh my god.” Jackson was equally astounded.

 

“Hey. We should not be staying here. It’s an invasion of privacy.” Jacks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter