Chapter 25

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Nikki’s POV]

 

“Fansite noonas are no joke.” I commented as soon as we claimed a spot inside the famous 1st shop of Coffee Prince at Hongdae after a day of endless walking and visiting old palaces and me taking photos everywhere of the unbelievably vain guy sitting in front of me at the moment while a couple of fans continue to get a glimpse of the idol from outside through the glass windows.

 

“Some can be very persistent.” He said and did a cute face and V-sign for his fans outside. It was getting dark already. But Jackson Wang still looks undeniably y and handsome with his hair being pushed back.

 

“I think I’d get a lot of bashers for going out with you today.” I said, taking my first bite of the tiramisu cake I ordered.

 

“It’s not like we’re dating anyway.” He stated while mindlessly grabbing my fork and tasting the tiramisu cake I bought.  I gulped hard as the fork made contact with his mouth. And I slapped myself once again.

 

“Right. Let’s continue to be good friends.” I beamed and awkwardly raised my right hand for a high five. And then our palms made a snapping sound.

 

My head was still filled with happy thoughts - of seeing the famous filming locations of historical dramas, of hearing the sound a shutter makes every time I clicked on my camera, of those fleeting moments of him grabbing my hand, and of seeing him randomly doing his fan service without any hint of weariness and reluctance.

 

“Thanks for the company today.” I said as I sipped on my milkshake.

 

“It’s okay since it’s my first time seeing the old side of Seoul. You’re really into historical stuff, aren’t you?”

 

“I somehow constantly feel like I am in another time.” I stated.

 

“It’s official.” He said with a comical straight face. “You are jeongmal jinjja… weird.” He shook his head back and forth as if I was a hopeless case. And I laughed non-stop while clapping at his funny remark.

 

“Don’t you have your own bucket list as well?” I asked.

               

“Oh. Isseo! I have these things that I want to do before I die…” He looked so serious and innocent but I still found him strangely funny and cute. My fan girl feels were seriously about to explode.

 

“Like?”

 

“Skydiving.” He started. I nodded my head knowingly and continued to listen.

 

“And raising a donkey.”

 

“You already did that while filming Roommate!” I said.

 

“But we only rented it for two days. Donkeys are jinjja expensive!” He pouted and I held back the urge to pinch his cheeks. “I also want to try living alone in a deserted island.” He continued. I laughed again. “Ya. Your bucket list is weird!”

 

“Ya. I’m not telling you about my bucket list anymore.” He said with another comical straight face.

 

I laughed. “Fine. But don’t you find it funny that at our age, we think that time is already running out and that’s why we go around trying to fulfill some things on our bucket list as much as we can?”

 

“Oh. Your head is making sense.” He said and lightly flicked my forehead. I yelped. “Ya!!!” I shouted at him but he just laughed. “And that’s why I keep living everyday like it’s my last.” He added. And I couldn’t agree more. This guy has been working his off ever since he was a kid… from being Hong Kong’s national fencing representative to being a global Hallyu star.

 

And then I heard a beep from my phone. I unlocked my screen code and saw a notification that Yumi Watanabe posted something on Twitter. I suddenly remembered that I ‘favorited’ her account last night so I could get notifications every time she posts something that might be related to Mark.

 

“Ya. Yumi already returned to Canada?” I asked Jackson as soon as I saw her tweet of her safe arrival in Canada.

 

“Yep. Mark sent her off to the airport this morning.”

 

“Ya.” I tried to make my voice low. “Are they dating?” He then cutely looked at the ceiling as if trying to avoid my question.

 

“I’ll grant one thing from your bucket list if you tell me about the real score between the two.” I said.

 

“Jinjja?” His face lit up but after a second, he pretended like he was not interested at all at my proposal.

 

“We’ll go skydiving.” I said.

 

“Jinjja?!!!”

 

I nodded.

 

“Ya. Stop luring me.”

 

“Are they dating?”

 

“Hyung said they’re not dating.”

 

“Then what was that kiss for yesterday?”

 

“Ya. I’m confused as well. But I asked Mark hyung last night about it…”

 

“And then…?”

 

“He said it’s just nothing. They’re just friends.”

 

“What? Nothing? Is he serious?!” I rolled my eyes disbelievingly.

 

“Ya. Did you just roll your eyes at me?”

 

“No. I’m rolling them at the ceiling.” And then he flicked my forehead again.

 

“Yaaaa!”

 

“Ya. Can you lower your voice? They might think that we’re having a fight.”

 

“Fine. So, what’s the real score between Yumi and Mark?”

 

“I told you. I don’t know about their real score right now.”

 

“How about before?”

 

“They’re really close friends and from what Mark hyung said, they were kind of attracted to each other while they were still in LA.”

 

“I knew it! So, did Mark confess to her?”

 

“He did.”

 

“Really?!”

 

“Oh my god. What did I just say?” His eyes widened and he immediately hit his own mouth.

 

“Don’t worry. I won’t tell anyone. Even Mia. I promise. We’re friends, remember?” I whispered down at him. “So, was he rejected?”

 

“Yumi said it’s not the perfect time yet since hyung had to focus on his training and she needed to focus on Business school. But they were able to maintain their friendship even after hyung came to Korea and Yumi went to Canada.”

 

“Does Mark still like her?”

 

“I’m not sure. They were kind of awkward when hyung returned to LA last January. But right now, he’s not saying anything about them anymore. But Yumi seems to still like hyung a lot.”

 

“Of course! Look at Mark Tuan now! She must have regretted rejecting such gem!” I said.

 

“Hey. I have to tell you something.” He leaned his head closer to mine and motioned me to do the same, our faces only a few inches away from each other. And then my chest suddenly started racing.

 

“W… what is it?” I stuttered.

 

“I think the reason why hyung has kind of moved on already is because he is attracted to Mia noona right now.”

 

“Oh my….”

 

“Remember what Yumi said about being attracted to new things temporarily?”

 

“Ahhhhhhh….” Then all of a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter