Chapter 11

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Noonaaaa!” As usual, Jackson was the first one to greet me as soon as we arrived at the Sky Terrace 428, the highest outdoor viewing platform of Hong Kong. “Oh my God. You’re here!” I smiled widely, looking at the ever energetic Jackson Wang and then bowed my head down as I saw the other members. “Annyeong Haseyo!” I said, my mouth grinning from ear to ear. I gulped hard when I saw Mark Tuan’s surprised look.

 

“Hey Nikki!” Jackson high-fived Nikki as if they’ve been friends for a long time.

 

“Wang Kong, why do you call Mia noona, but you only call me Nikki? We’re actually the same age, and I’m even two months older than her.” Nikki explained.

 

“Really? I didn’t know. But I think calling you noona would be weird since I’m already used to calling you Nikki.” Jackson innocently stated. I saw Nikki’s deadpanned face. And then Jackson turned to Papa Tuan.

 

“Hello Mr. Tuan.”

 

“You greeted the girls first before me, huh.” Papa Tuan teased.

 

“No. It’s not like that!” Jackson answered back defensively with all his funny antics.

 

It was a Sunday so there were quite a number of tourists in the area, but not that crowded that would make GOT7 uncomfortable. The fans, including Nikki and I, thought that they will be returning to Korea today, but as it turned out, they’re not. Instead, they’re here to spend the day at The Peak, with Jackson Wang as the guide. I spotted a few fans who took some photos of the boys from a few meters away, but they were considerate enough to maintain a certain distance. After all, the showcase was done and today is a free day for the boys.

 

“Are you guys sure that we’re not… like… disturbing you on your one-day vacation?” I asked Bambam and Yugyeom who both have been standing near me side by side since five minutes ago.

 

“No noona. Why would you?!” Bambam answered in his cute voice while Yugyeom smiled. They’re so cute that I suddenly had these thoughts of adopting them to become my lil bros. But impossible!

 

“So noona… you and Papa Tuan…you just met at the tram, right?” Yugyeom asked in his cute Konglish accent.

 

“Yes. And then he invited us. We didn’t know that you’re here! Really!” I answered. I suddenly remembered the fortune teller at Kowloon who told me that I will be meeting an old guy with mustache who will bring me good luck. So it’s Papa Tuan, then?

 

I moved forward to the steel bar to have a better view of the city down below, Bambam and Yugyeom still standing on my sides like body guards. I would not be surprised if my face will be all over Bambam’s and Yugyeom’s fansites by today. I looked to my right and saw Nikki having a fun conversation with Jackson about all these amazing stuff about Hong Kong. JB, Youngjae, and Junior are together, snapping some photos and talking with each other in their native language. As for Mark Tuan, he’s having a father-son bonding with the cool Papa Tuan.

 

The great thing about Sky Terrace 428 is that you can have an unlimited 360-degree view of the amazing Hong Kong. On one side, you can admire Hong Kong’s architectures, the densely-populated ocean of skyscrapers, and the busy Victoria Harbour. On another side, you can have an unrivaled view of the Outlying Islands.

 

“That’s Lamma Island over there!” Jackson pointed. “Do you guys know why this is called Sky Terrace 428?” Jackson asked us, acting like a real tour guide.

 

“I know. I know!” The genius Junior raised his hand. “I read in the internet that… it’s 428 because it’s uh… 428 meters above uhhh… sea… sea level!” Jinyoung succeeded explaining it in English. Nikki and I looked at each other like you know… we’re talking again without really talking. I know perfectly well that Nikki likes Junior so much because he’s well-read and all. He’s torn between the funny guy and the book-lover.

 

“Woah! Yeokshi! Our Junior is the best! JYP!” Jackson clapped his hands dramatically, and the rest cheered for Junior like he has hit the jackpot or something. Junior just coolly raised his shoulders like ‘You know… well… I read so I know.’

 

We proceeded to Tien Yi Chinese Restaurant, located at the third floor of The Peak, for our lunch. For the very first time, we will be eating together with GOT7 featuring the cool Papa Tuan. Nikki and I both love eating, and doing the thing we love with GOT7 is surely one helluva piece of great fortune!

 

“Tien Yi means Pinnacle of the World.” Jackson explained, and then also mentioned the Korean equivalent of the words for his Korean-speaking members. We sat down on the long table reserved for GOT7 and Papa Tuan. Two seats were added, placed at both ends of the long table, since a total of ten people will now be eating together, and that would include Nikki and me.

 

Tien Yi is no joke. Upon entering the place, you could immediately tell that it’s a high-end restaurant. And you could not eat there if you don’t have at least 200HK$ budget for your lunch. That is already way out of our budget but since we’re with GOT7 and Papa Tuan, we’re willing to spend that much for our lunch just to eat with them. Well, it’s a now-or-never kind of thing. Or maybe Papa Tuan will treat us?

 

Papa Tuan sat on the head of the table, Mark on his right side,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter