Chapter 1

My Imaginary Rebound [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 19, 2014.

4:23PM.

 

The day dragged on. For the past few hours, I just shifted from lying under the bed covers while sulking myself into tears, to getting something from the fridge, and then going to the bathroom. I definitely turned into a total loser. God. Finally, I decided to go to the living room and watch some cool stuff on TV. And then the door beeped, signaling that someone has just unlocked the code and was now about to enter the house.

 

“Hey Mia,” Nicole a.k.a., Nikki, my best friend, just arrived from a general meeting with the big bosses. We both work as event organizers at the Korean Cultural Center in the city. I was supposed to attend the meeting too, but then, Nikki told the big bosses that I was dead sick so I couldn’t make it. Tch. Sick. I really am such a loser.

 

“God. You look fantastic, baby.” Nikki commented with all sarcasm.

 

“I know. So fantastic I could get another gay boyfriend by tonight.” I said, somehow laughing it off. It was the first time that I smiled today. Thank God for creating best friends.

 

“Anyways, I bought some pizza.” She said and placed the box on the table in front of me while I was busy scanning the TV channels. “General meeting went fine. The events for this year have been plotted. And guess what?” Nikki suddenly jumped in front of me, holding both of my hands, excitement written all over her face. “There will be a KPOP Convention by the end of the year! We’re inviting KPOP Stars, dude!!!” Nikki screamed the last sentence with all force and excitement the entire condominium could collapse any minute.

 

“Whoah. Chill down." I laughed. "We have neighbors next door!” I said, calming her down, but then, I couldn’t hide my excitement either. “But… wait… So, our event proposal has been approved?!!” I confirmed, equally excited.

 

“Uhuh! We’re inviting KPOP Stars! For the first time in forever.” Nikki stood and danced and sang in unparalleled excitement.

 

“Whoah. This is exciting!!!”

 

“I know, right? So exciting you almost forgot you broke up with your boyfriend of eight months last night coz it turned out he needs a boyfriend, too."

 

“God. Shut up. I need to move on.” I said, throwing the damn pillow on my best friend’s face. She has this gay radar that could automatically detect if a guy is gay or not. Apparently, she felt the “gay-ness” of my ex-boyfriend months earlier than I started feeling it myself.

 

“I know. I know. Hey, change the channel to SBS. Let’s watch some cool performances at Inkigayo today. You know that new group from JYP? GOT7? I think they’re really cool. JJ Project’s in it.” My KPOP-know-it-all best friend said, and then sat back at the other end of the sofa.

 

We are actually both KPOP fans since we were in high school: DBSK ERA. And until now, we still are. Only that when I entered into that damn romantic full-of-gayness relationship a year ago, my KPOP passion somehow faded. Nikki claimed it was natural since I finally got to be in a “real” relationship, instead of being in an imaginary one with my KPOP bias, which is quite tragic. But then I realized, the so-called “real” relationship I had was, in fact, as equally tragic.

 

“Hey. They’re on!” Nikki freed me from my other-worldly thoughts and pointed on the TV screen. “They somewhat specialize in martial arts tricking.”

 

I watched as the rookie group, GOT7, performed their dance routines which were really fairly impressive. They were performing a song called “Follow Me".           

 

You gon get it girl, Imma pretty boy
Quit playin hard to get you’ll never find a better boy
So come along with me if you wanna do it right
Cause i can show you how to have a good time, all night  

“Hey Nik, what’s the name of that rapper?” I asked Nikki, curious about the deep-voiced, orange-head guy.

 

“God. He’s soooo…. and his voice… God!” Nikki squealed like a teenager, unable to complete her sentence. “His name’s Mark Tuan. LA guy. Eldest. 93-liner.  We’re still a few months older though.”

 

That basically means we’re older than the seven of them. I feel s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter