09 The Question

Complex Simplicity
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I put down my phone on the table and rush to the kitchen immediately when I smell something is burnt. I find Sora is standing with blank expression on her face while the egg on the frying pan is already burnt.
 
"Yah, Sora!" I snap her back to reality and she flinches a little before looks at me. I pull her back and turn off the stove. "Aish, can't save this one."
 
I take a glance at Sora and she covers with one of her hands with shock. I pat her head gently, "Is there something happened? You have been acting like this ever since I came."
 
She shakes her head slowly with her eyes land on the floor. I can see she is biting her bottom lip for an unknown reason.
 
I lift up her chin with my finger and kiss her lips despite the fact my heart is racing. I part the kiss and smile to her, "Remember that I will always do that if you start biting your lip?"
 
She blushes hardly and cups both of her cheeks with her hands. She sighs and then murmurs, "I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'll finish the dinner now."
 
"And let you burn another food?" I raise my eyebrow, teasing her. I chuckle and pinch her cheeks, "I'll cook for you tonight. You can wait in the main room, okay?"
 
"I'll help you to prepare the plate," she insists to stay. "I am the one who promised to make you dinner."
 
"It's alright, Sora," I ruffles her hair to cheer her up. "I want to cook for you tonight. Just wait for me and the delicious cook."
 
She hesitates for seconds but then she nods and walks to the main room in silence. I take a deep breath and start to cook for us.
 
After I returned from the meeting, I rush to Sora's new apartment as fast as possible. She opened the door for me with expresionless face; well, I know she is always expresionless but this time it's a little bit strange.
 
She didn't focus on whatever she was doing, including when she was cooking. I don't know what happened but I'm sure she will talk to me if she wants to talk about it.
 
Once I finish with cooking, I put all the dishes in the dining room. I prepare the utensils and finally call her to have the dinner together.
 
She finally returns to herself when I start the conversation about our upcoming family concert. I tell her that we will perform in Paris and she looks happy when she hears it, knowing that she can visit her parents there.
 
I clean the dishes with her help and finally I tell her to sleep because she will start her first day as CN Blue's personal photographer tomorrow. I know they are preparing for their new album as well and Sora told me they will start the recording tomorrow.
 
"I will leave after you sleep," I cover her with the blanket. I hold her hand while sitting on the edge of her bed. "Dream of me, will you?"
 
Sora gives me a sheepish smile and returns my embrace gently. She clears , "Oppa, can I ask a question?"
 
"Sure," I use my other hand to her hair. "What is it?"
 
"What kind of thing that will make you mad at me?" she asks with doubt in her tone. "Something that I shouldn't do that can make you really mad at me?"
 
"Hmm?" I tilt my head with confusion. "Why do you even ask? Do you want me to be mad at you?"
 
"I-It's not like that...," she mumbles. "I just want to know... So you won't be mad at me."
 
"Let me think," I act as if I'm thinking really hard without releasing the hold on her hand. "If you go somewhere and leave me. If you lie and cheat on me. But I don't think you will do such a thing, right?"
 
"Ne," she nods slowly. "Thank you, Yoseob Oppa, for accompanying me tonight."
 
"You're very welcome," I lean to kiss her forehead and then rest mine on hers. "Now close your eyes and sleep, okay?"
 
She brushes my cheek with her thumb and then kiss my lips gently, making my heart to beat really fast. She smiles sweetly, "Good night, Oppa."
 
Tomorrow the different schedule of me and Sora will start so I really need to enjoy tonight with her. Even looking at her like this is enough as long as she is with me.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I wake up with an empty feeling. Probably because Yoseob is not here with me while I slept holding his hand last night but then again I'm not that needy as a girlfriend.
 
Perhaps it's because I don't tell what happened that made my mind went blank yesterday. I couldn't think straight ever since the incident inside the elevator.
 
I know, it's an accident. No one expected it to happen. Geez, who knew I would end up kiss Yonghwa?
 
No, it's not a kiss. It's just lips met lips. Wait, isn't that the definition of kiss?
 
Wait, what am I thinking? What am I even trying to define? Sora, you're being unreasonable again!
 
"You're going to be alright," I say to my own reflection on the mirror after I finished brushing my teeth. "Nothing happened last night. I'm going to work as a professional today."
 
Today my schedule with CN Blue will start officially. They will start the recording for their comeback album and I will follow them to the recording studio just like what I did with BEAST two years ago.
 
I grab my gray hoodie cardigan and then wear my flat shoes quickly. I plug my earphone to my ears and lean to the wall in front of their apartment, waiting for CN Blue to come out.
 
"Ah, Noona is ready!" Jungshin greets me with a big grin. I don't know why he calls me Noona though; I'm younger than him but I let him be. "Take good pictures of me today!"
 
One by one of them steps out and the last is Yonghwa. He locks the door before our eyes meet. He smiles to me but I immediately look away because I'm pretty sure my cheeks are changing red now.
 
I walk pass them to the elevator. I can't act as if nothing happened. Even though Yonghwa has apologized to me and I know it's not his fault, I still find myself to be awkward when I see his face. Is this actually normal?
 
During our way to the recording studio, I listen to my iPod, ignoring their conversation. Different from BEAST, CN Blue has met me a month before I started to work with them so they had their times of asking me before; mostly they just read articles about me to know me better.
 
There is nothing between me and Yonghwa then why do I feel like this when he is around? Something is so not right.
 
I step out from the car in silence, having my expresionless face. I follow them to the recording studio. A completely different recording studio from the one I usually visited.
 
For a moment, I almost forgot that CN Blue is a band, not an idol group. Their recording studio is a band recording studio. They take their own positions: Minhyuk behind the drum set, Jungshin with his bass, Jonghyun with his guitar, and Yonghwa behind the standing microphone along with his own guitar.
 
I must admit they look really charming that I immediately take out my camera to take their pictures due to my photographer instinct. They are too serious with setting their own instruments so they don't realize I'm taking their pictures even before the recording start.
 
When I have Yonghwa in the frame, he looks up to see my camera and I unconsciously click the button. I lower my camera and look at the picture I just took.
 
Why does my heart beat faster because he looks extremely charming in this picture? Why do I even think of this kind of question?
 
What am I thinking?!
 
 
[Yonghwa's POV]
 
We finish our first song after almost an hour. The third recording is good but I asked to do another recording because I didn't feel it's good enough.
 
Sora is leaning against the wall at the corner of the recording room, looking at her camera. Looks like she is checking the pictures she just took while we were recording.
 
While Jungshin is discussing the next song with Jonghyun, I decide to approach Sora so we can melt down our awkward atmosphere.
 
I know she is feeling extremely awkward after what happened in the elevator last night. I apologized and she said it's alright but her reaction is totally not right.
 
"Hey," I greet her, tucking my hands inside my pockets. She looks at me for a second but then returns her gaze to her camera.
 
I rest my back to the wall right next to her and clear my throat, "How is our song? Do you like it?"
 
She nods randomly, still pressing the button to check the pictures. I can see the picture of me singing, holding the microphone with closed eyes. I can't help myself to smile when I look at my own serious expression.
 
"I looked ridiculous," I chuckle and it gets her attention. She tilts her head as if she knows I'm going to say something else. "But you made it looked good."
 
"Well, I guess it's the first time you took my picture while I was singing," I grin. "You'll be taking a lot of my pictures so bear with my face."
 
"It's not the first time actually," she turns off her camera and leans comfortably to the wall, having both of her hands behind her. "I have your picture when you performed with Yoseob Oppa."
 
"Eh?" I blink in surprise. She took my picture before?
 
"I stopped working for BEAST around August last year and I left my cousin to take their pictures. My cousin is going to be busy with her college but she insisted to keep working for BEAST so I could take the offer to work for CN Blue," she starts to explain. "Once a while I followed my cousin to BEAST's performance. You performed with Yoseob Oppa during Sydney KPOP Fest last November, right?"
 
Ah, the KPop Festival. I remember I performed Run Through The Sky with Yoseob and G.O. from MBLAQ. So Sora was there too.
 
"I have your picture with him," she mutters with her usual monotone. "Because that picture, they asked me to work for them again without waiting for the new contract. They wanted me to collaborate with my cousin so I did it while I also worked my other work. Now that I can concentrate with photography, I think I will be grateful for everything."
 
"I'm glad to hear that," I smile and look at her. "I hope there will be another chance for me to perform with Yoseob again."
 
Suprisingly a smile forms on her lips, "I will wait for the day then."
 
I reach out my hand to pat her head twice, "We're going to record the second song now before we have lunch. I hope you will enjoy the song as well."
 
"Ne," she murmurs vividly, preparing her camera again.
 
I don't know if my eyes are deceiving me but I think I see her cheeks are blushing.
 
"Yonghwa," Jonghyun calls me and I immediately return to my position to record the second song.
 
I need to concentrate to this song now.

Photobucket