05 New Sky

Complex Simplicity
[Sora's POV]
 
"Is this good enough?" one of the members, I believe his name is Jungshin, asks me. He just helped me move the shelf to the side of my preference.
 
"Sure, thank you," I check the position and then shift my gaze back to the kitchen. I still need to rearrange the whole stuff in the kitchen to lessen my work in the future.
 
I will move to this new apartment next week and I don't want to pile up the whole things to be done in one day. It's the third time I came here to rearrange the whole apartment. Today I'm working the main room and the kitchen.
 
Yoseob has a meeting with all CUBE artists for their future family concert and I don't need to do the documentation during the meeting. He said that he will meet me here after he is done with the meeting.
 
Three days ago, Jonghyun from CN Blue helped me to move things. Yoseob also helped me since I was taking care of my bedroom. Now that Yoseob is not here with me, I feel a little bit awkward since I'm not good at getting along with new people.
 
"Wow, is this your camera?!" Jungshin exclaims as he takes my DLSR I put on the table. He looks at it with a grin as if it's a rare thing. "Can I try it?"
 
"Ne," I nod calmly and lean to the wall, watching him with my camera. He looks like a little kid who just received a permission to watch a new movie on cinema.
 
"People took pictures of me with this kind of cool camera yet I never tried it," he spins around with my camera in his hand. "Maybe I should buy one. What do you think, Noona?"
 
Noona?
 
"I think you're older than me," I state with monotone. I haven't done any research about them but I'm sure enough that I'm still younger than any of them.
 
"Really?" he lowers down the camera with disbelief look. "I was born on September 1991? Aren't you older than me?"
 
"I was born on December 1991," I straighten my body and approach him. I take the camera from him and check the picture he just took, "You need to adjust the brightness when you take pictures indoor."
 
"You're actually younger than me?!" Jungshin ignores my advice. Can he just let go of this ? "And you're engaged already?!"
 
Geez. Why does he need to be this loud and exaggerative?
 
I put back my camera in my camera bag and return my gaze to him, "I'm going to the kitchen. Do you want something to drink?"
 
I stop my steps when I hear the knocks on the door. I turn around and open the door to find Yonghwa is standing with his navy blue jacket. He lifts up a box of doughnuts and grins, "For you."
 
I form a small smile and open the door wider for him. Somehow I find it's strange for me to smile for him but I can't do the same to the other members of CN Blue.
 
Let's just say Yonghwa has this kind of comforting atmosphere around him. The same atmosphere I feel when I'm with Gikwang.
 
"How's Jungshin?" Yonghwa puts the box on the table and ruffles Jungshin's hair. "Did he help you or he just mess up your room?"
 
"Yah!" Jungshin struggles and fixes his hair. "I'm helping her! And I found out that she is younger than us!"
 
This is so ridiculous.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I knock the door and wait for her to open the door. I check my Twitter, reading my timeline and realize that it's almost February and CUBE Entertainment will publish the official news of our family concert next month. But looks like our fans have their own trustful sources about it.
 
Fans are mentioning me about the family concert, asking me to confirm it but I just let it slide away.
 
I just finished the meeting with CUBE Entertainment staffs, including all artists and the President. We're going to have seven countries in our list of performances.
 
Come to think of it, since Sora will be taking pictures of our performances, it means she will go with me, err... with us, right?
 
"Yoseob?" Yonghwa greets me with a smile. "You came."
 
My eyes widen when I see him. I take a step backwards to and check the number on the next room. Did I knock the wrong room?
 
"This is Sora's room," Yonghwa understands that I'm actually confused. "She went out around twenty minutes ago to buy some ingredients to put in the kitchen. I am helping Jungshin to move some stuffs."
 
"Oh," that's all my reaction. At least there's Jungshin, meaning Sora is not all alone with Yonghwa.
 
Ah, I'm being over protective again. Sora will not like it.
 
"Can you tell her that I'm going to wait for her at...," I try to think of the code for our secret place, the rooftop. There's a rooftop here, right?
 
Yonghwa raises his eyebrow, waiting for my continuation. I rub the back of my neck awkwardly, "She will know where I am. Thank you, Yonghwa."
 
Without even bothering to look back, I walk to the elevator. I push the highest floor and wait for the door to be opened. I manage to find the door to the rooftop after checking around.
 
The rooftop has three patios for the apartment occupants to sit and enjoy the scenery. The fence is painted in blue color. The rooftop is cozy but somehow I still prefer my rooftop. Maybe because I have to many beautiful memories there with Sora.
 
I lean my arms on the fence, gazing the blue sky. It feels somewhat strange when I look at the different sky from what I used to see. It feels really new and different.
 
"Yoseob Oppa?"
 
Sora closes the door behind her and walks to me with a beautiful smile. I'm proud of myself since I am maybe the only person who can make her to smile like this when she sees me.
 
Well, Gikwang too, actually. But I guess I'm the one who changed her a lot from the cold and shy Sora into a more sociable girl. No matter what and how though, no one can replace her.
 
"I haven't even managed to visit here," she takes a glance at the blue sky. She leans to the fence, right next to me. "The rooftop is cozy, isn't it?"
 
"Hmm," I place both of my arms at her sides, making her to be caged by me. She tilts her head to one side cutely that I can't resist myself to smile.
 
"What is it, Oppa?" she tries to push me away slightly by placing her palms on my chest. "Come on, I still need to work the kitchen."
 
I don't move, still trapping her with my arms. She chuckles and rests her head on my chest, looking up at me with a shy smile. When I look down to see her face, I lower down my left arm to her waist and move my right hand to cup her left cheek.
 
I kiss her lips.
 
How I miss this feeling after the whole hectic schedule and anti I suffered these weeks.
 
I make her steps backwards until her back meets the blue fence without parting our lips. She squeezed my shirt and I can feel she smiles between the kiss, making me feel more satisfied.
 
And then the phone ringtone echoes. I ignore it since I don't want this moment to be interrupted but Sora tries to stop me from kissing her, "Oppa, wait-"
 
She bites her bottom lip when I move my lips to kiss her neck, "Just this one, leave the phone, okay?"
 
"Wait, Oppa," she touches my neck with her fingers, making me to flinch a little. "It's not mine. It's yours."
 
I immediately stop and pull away. I take out my phone and find one missed call from my manager. I almost forgot that I have a schedule for interview tonight.
 
"Aish!" I mess my hair. "I forgot to activate the vibrate mode!"
 
"I don't bring my phone...," Sora pats my shoulder twice and whispers to my ear, "...just in case you don't want to be interrupted."
 
She opens the door and smiles to me; should I be happy or not that she wants to have the moments alone with me as well?
 
Why do I even need to ask? My brain needs some maintenance.
 
 
[Yonghwa's POV]
 
"Where is Yoseob?" I eat the last coffee-filled doughnut because Sora told me that she doesn't like coffee. I sit down on the sofa while Sora is still arrangin the ingredients in kitchen.
 
"He has an interview," Sora closes the refrigerator and sits across from me. She checks her phone, "I will go back in thirty minutes since I need to prepare dinner for them."
 
Suddenly my heart feels uneasy when I see her smile. She looks really happy after she met Yoseob at somewhere. After I told her that Yoseob was looking for her, a smile formed immediately on her lips as she put her groceries on table.
 
Jungshin told me that he thinks that Sora is a really expresionless girl but after she met Yoseob, she doesn't look like one. Sometimes she smiled for no reason and looked away when we noticed it.
 
Suddenly I hear the sound of the camera. Sora just took another picture of me with her camera. A picture of me eating the doughnut.
 
"Yah, Sora ah!" I complaint and eat the last piece of the doughnut. "Why didn't you tell me that you wanted to take my picture?"
 
"I'm sorry," she smiles and checks the result. "You're a really interesting model, Yonghwa Oppa."
 
For a moment, my heart skips a beat.
 
"Eh?" the reaction comes out beyond my control. "W-What did you just call me?"
 
"Hmm?" Sora puts her camera back in the bag and looks at me with a smile. "What? You're older than me, right?"
 
Yes, it's nothing unusual. But my heart flatters by her soft voice calling my name.
 
No, Yonghwa. She is someone's fiancee!
 
"I think I'll go back now," Sora stands up and takes a look around the room. "I will check my own stuff while waiting for BEAST."
 
"I'll take you back," I offer her. It's nothing special, right? I don't have any schedule and Jungshin is busy with his own schedule as a model in a new MV.
 
"You don't need to," Sora wears her shoes and opens the door. "I think you need to take a rest. I know hoow busy a musician is."
 
"Come on," I persuade her while I'm wearing my shoes. "I'll drive. It's more efficient and effective than a taxi, right?"
 
She sighs with a smile, "Fine. As long as your fans don't get mad at me."
 
Inside of me, I am doing a victory dance. I don't know why I'm really happy just because she accepted my offer.
 
While I drive her back, she asks me to talk about CN Blue since she wants to know about our journey since we're formed. She is a good listener and I enjoy my time talking with her.
 
But time flies when you're having good times. We arrive at the apartment building in around twenty minutes. She takes off the seat belt and bows slightly to me, "Thank you for driving me back. I will wait for the continuation of your story."
 
"Sure," I nod and wave at her. "See you again, Sora. Good night."
 
"Good night," she says and closes the door. I watch her walk inside the building and then disappears in the corner.
 
Now I can't wait until she move to the new apartment.
 
I quickly shake my head and bang my forehead on the steering wheel. "Yonghwa! She is attached to Yoseob!"
 
"Aigoo...," I rub my temple. "It hurts..."
 
I really need to have a good rest.

Photobucket