06 The Night

Complex Simplicity
[Yoseob's POV]
 
"Done!" Dongwoon takes off the headphone and grins widely to Mina who just lowered her camera to check the result. "How do I look, Mina?"
 
"Good," Mina giggles and smiles at us. "All of you look great as usual. "I hope I did good in capturing your picture."
 
"Don't worry," Doojoon pats her head softly. "You're doing good. We can't wait to see our monthly photobook of this month, Mina."
 
We just finished the recording for a song for a drama soundtrack where Gikwang is one of the main casts. It's a cheerful love song and I personally helped to write the song.
 
Following Junhyung's path in writing lyrics, I also try my best to write lyrics for our own songs. I'm planning to write a new song with Junhyung for our comeback album this year.
 
Today Sora needs to visit Sohyun and Junghwa so she leaves Mina to take pictures of us. Sohyun called her last night and she needs her help to take care of Junghyun till evening because both Sohyun and Junghwa has important meeting.
 
Compared to my old self which was really easy to be jealous or grumpy whenever Sora wasn't around, I'm sure I'm better now; I learned from the past and I don't want to ruin our relationship. Not even for the slightest.
 
We are engaged and we're going to marry soon. I have a plan to have the wedding party next year when I will turn 24 and she will turn 23. I haven't talked about this to her since I think I still have plenty of time.
 
Tonight I will have a dinner with Sora and I'm planning to talk to her about this since she will start to live in the new apartment tomorrow. She has finished rearranging all the stuff in her new apartment three days ago with CN Blue's help.
 
Actually I'm happy that Sora can start to maintain a good relationship with CN Blue since they will be her clients for one year, the same term when she started to work for us.
 
But then I guess I just miss her. She is really close with us that the others have treated her like their own sister. The same thing goes to Mina since we really care for both of them.
 
Being the selfish one, I hope Sora will prefer to work for BEAST. Not that I don't like CN Blue. It's just... like I said, I will miss her.
 
I take a glance at Junhyung when he sighs heavily. He is staring at his phone and, from his gesture, I know he is waiting for a phone or maybe a message... from Hara, I assume. The exactly gesture I always do when I wait for Sora.
 
"Yah," I tap his shoulder lightly to make him turn around to look at me. The others are busy checking Mina's pictures as usual. "Are you alright?"
 
"Yeah," he forces a smile and puts his phone in his pocket. He looks at Mina and the others when he murmurs, "Having a relationship when both of you are busy is irritating, isn't it?"
 
I guess I'm right. He has a fight with Hara. From his words, I think their busy schedule interrupts their relationship and I can understand it since I went there before when both of me and Sora were too busy to take care of our relationship.
 
Junhyung and Hara are a good couple. Even though they rarely meet each other because both BEAST and KARA have too different schedule, they still manage to keep in touch with each other.
 
I remember Junhyung told me that he envied me because I could meet Sora almost everyday; this is what made me feel grateful and stop complaining when I couldn't meet Sora for one or two days because she was busy.
 
"Come on," Doojoon calls us. "Let's have lunch together."
 
"Sure," Junhyung stands up and flashes me a smile as if he is trying to tell me that he is alright. "Come on, Yoseob. We're going to discuss about the song later."
 
I nod and follow his steps. I hope he will sort out his problem with Hara.
 
 
[Yonghwa's POV]
 
I drink the water and look around the area. I'm in the middle of taking scenes for my drama and this is the scene where I need to chase a thief. I will use bicycle to catch him because he took my bag. That's when I bump to my first love in the drama.
 
It's a shopping area and some fans gather around to watch the filming. The staffs tell them to keep their behavior and help us with the filming by acting as usual when the filming starts.
 
They squeal when I flash a smile to them politely. I tell the director that I'm going to take a walk around with the bicycle for a practice since they are taking another scene right now. I am given twenty minutes to ride the bicycle around the area.
 
I wear my hat and glasses, secretly taking the bicycle from the filming site and walk away until I reach a park. I get onto the bicycle and enjoy the scenery.
 
I stop when I hear a baby is crying. I turn around and find a girl is holding a baby, sitting on the bench alone. There is a camera bag around her shoulder.
 
"Sora?" I stop and look at her. I hop down from the bicycle and approach her.
 
"Ah," she looks up at me as the baby cries louder. She returns her eyes on the baby and she starts rocking him to calm him down.
 
"Sora ah...," I clear my throat awkwardly. Don't tell me what I'm thinking is real. "Is this your..."
 
"He is my nephew," she answers quickly, stopping me from thinking the unrealistic thought that she has a baby already with Yoseob. "My sister asked me to take care of him today."
 
"Oh," I mouth with embarassment. Of course it's not her baby. What am I thinking?
 
"Are you having any schedule around?" Sora asks me when the baby stops crying and starts to drift away to sleep. "Looks like I meet you quite often nowadays."
 
What a coincidence. What a good coincidence actually.
 
"I'm going to take scenes for my drama. I have free time as for now so I decided to take a walk with the bicycle," I grin to her. "Does your sister live nearby?"
 
She nods and then says, "Why don't you take a seat? It's a little bit tiring to look up when I talk to you."
 
I hold my laughter because of her blunt attitude. I don't think of it as an impolite manner. In fact I think she is really unique. Maybe because I rarely meet an ordinary girl out from the entertainment world who doesn't squeal or act too excited when she is with me.
 
"You will start living in the new apartment tomorrow, right?" I ask as I sit next to her. "Do you need any help?"
 
"Ah," Sora mutters as if she just remembers something. She turns to me and then says, "Can you hold Junghyun for a while? I need to make a phone call."
 
"Eh?" my eyes widen in surprise. I take the sleeping baby from her carefully. She stands up and walks a little bit far from me to call someone. I hear she apologizes but then she smiles when the call almost finishes; the smile that makes me know who she is calling.
 
The smile she only shows when it comes to Yoseob.
 
I shift my gaze back to the baby. I shouldn't be jealous. I just met Sora less than a month so I couldn't be falling for her. Not to mention she is engaged to Yoseob.
 
"Click!"
 
I look up to see Sora is looking at the picture she just took with her DSLR. She captured another picture of me. This time me and a baby.
 
"Sora, yo-" I want to complaint but she puts her index finger on her lips as sign for me to lower my voice.
 
She takes the baby from me after putting the camera back in the camera bag. She smiles to me, "Thank you. I need to return now."
 
She takes steps backwards and then makes a nod slightly, "Good luck with your drama."
 
I bid her goodbye, trying to control my heartbeat. I really need to sort out my feeling. We haven't even started to work together and I'm already messing up myself.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I look around and find an empty seat near the bar. I sit and check my phone but there is no new notification.
 
I supposed to meet a client here. In a night club. No matter how many times I tried to change the meeting point, she told me that she has a work here so she can't leave.
 
Since I was the one who rescheduled the meeting, I reluctantly agreed to meet her in this night club. I supposed to meet here this afternoon but since my sister asked me for the emergency help to take care of Junghyun, I asked this client to change the meeting time.
 
She will go overseas with her fiancee tomorrow so I need to talk with her about the prewedding shoots I'm going to do for them as soon as possible.
 
Thankfully I met Yonghwa when I was at the park with Junghyun. I forgot that I had a dinner with Yoseob. I called him and apologized to him, telling him that it's really important and I promised him that I would make it up for him tomorrow night.
 
I'm glad both of us have changed a lot since last year. We try to understand each other even though we're really different in some aspects.
 
"Sora?"
 
I look up to see Junhyung is walking to me. He wears his glasses and hat as his disguise equipments but I still recognize him; well, I know him for almost two years now. I took hundred pictures of him to be exact.
 
"Hey," I greet him while he takes a seat next to me. He orders a glass of cocktail from himself and I notice that he doesn't look really good somehow.
 
"What are you doing here, Sora?" he takes a sip of his drink. "I don't know that you like to visit night club."
 
"I need to meet a client here," I answer him while the bartender approaches me, asking me whether I want to order something or not. "Err, something with chocolate will be good."
 
I still remember that my alcohol tolerance is really bad. I don't want to take a risk of doing something out of my mind because of alcohol again. Last time I drank a cocktail accidentally is when I was at Japan with BEAST. I kissed Yoseob because I was drunk.
 
"How about you?" I turn to Junhyung while the bartender prepares my order. "Do you come here often or...?"
 
"No, I just need time to be alone tonight," he chuckles and looks at his glass. "I have a fight with Hara."
 
"Here," the bartender puts a glass of drink in front of me. "Creme de cacao."
 
"Thank you," I take the glass and look at the chocolate color liquid. I think it's a iced chocolate or something like that. I don't need to worry about it, right?
 
"I promised her to attend her live performance last week since BEAST had another schedule. She's really mad at me because it's the fourth time I broke my promise," Junhyung takes another sip of his drink. "I'm a really bad boyfriend, right?"
 
I lift up the glass, thinking of encouragement words to tell Junhyung. I can understand how Hara is feeling but I can't blame Junhyung as well. I've been there before with Yoseob.
 
"Sora," Junhyung calls my name when I take a sip of my drink, feeling the creamy texture of the extra sweet drink; this iced chocolate tastes weird. "I thought you don't drink?"
 
I put the glass down and cover my mouth with the back of my free hand. I can smell the alcohol clearly now.
 
"Sora?" I can hear Junhyung calls me again. I close my eyes, rubbing my temple to prevent myself from losing consciousness. I can hear he asks the bartender, "What did she drink?"
 
"It's a chocolate liqueur. What's wrong?" the bartender mumbles with confusion.
 
Great. I drank alcoholic beverage again.
 
"Sora," Junhyung holds my shoulder firmly but I start to lose my consciousness. "Sora, are you alright?"
 
I clutch his jacket and open my eyes slowly to look at him with worried eyes.
 
That's the last thing I can remember before I lost my consciousness.

Photobucket

__________

Author's Note:

I hope readers won't be confused between chocolate liquor and chocolate liqueur.

Chocolate liquor (cocoa liquor) is pure chocolate in its liquid form.
While chocolate liqueur is a liqueur (an alcoholic beverage that has been flavored with fruit, herbs, nuts, spices, flowers, or cream and bottled with added sugar) with a  principal flavor of chocolate.

I added this note after I read a comment from beastybeauty.
Thank you. :)