08 The Unexpected

Complex Simplicity
[Sora's POV]
 
How would I know that a scandal arouse because of my low alcohol tolerance? Is it really difficult for me to live a peaceful life without scandal?
 
Now I am blaming myself because I slipped out the fact that I was drunk last night. Yoseob is glaring at me, completely mad because he doesn't like to drink as much as I do even though he is not that bad in drinking compared to me.
 
It's really ridiculous that Yoseob is the one who scolds me now while Hara is supposed to be the one who is mad at me.
 
"I'll explain to you later," I try to calm Yoseob. I don't need two persons to scold me for making a big news last night. "Let me talk to Hara first and then I'll talk to you."
 
"You better have a good explanation to me," Yoseob points out his index finger in front of his face. He looks extremely mad. "I agreed to cancel the date yesterday not to let you to visit a night club, Sora."
 
"I know, I know," I sigh heavily. "Give me five minutes and I will explain everything. Please."
 
He takes a deep breath and throws a quick glance on Hara before turning to me and points at the corner of the rooftop, "I'll wait there."
 
"Thank you," I say to him as he walks away, giving me time to talk in private with Hara.
 
"I don't have anything against you, Hara, really," I start to explain things to her. "It's a total misunderstanding. I was going to meet my client and I drank alcohol so I lost my consciousness."
 
"Junhyung helped me. That's all. Really," I end my short explanation. I'm never good in explaining complicated stuff. "Hara, you know me good enough to know that I only need Yoseob. Please, believe me."
 
"Then why didn't Junhyung say a word to me?" Hara complaints, feeling unsatisfied. "He could tell me. He could explain to me."
 
"You're fighting with him, Hara," I keep my monotone, not wanting her to realize that this is riduculous. "You refused to talk with him, remember? I'm sure he doesn't know about the rumor yet so can you just please let him explain things to you?"
 
Hara drops her gaze and pouts, looking away from me, "What should we say to the public now?"
 
"I'll find a way out. I promise," I assure her, forcing a smile that I don't want to use. "Now I'm sure you need to talk with Junhyung while I need to talk with Yoseob."
 
She nods slowly and then opens the door to leave. Before she closes the door, she turns to me, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to slap you. I just..."
 
"It's alright," I quickly interrupt her apology because Yoseob is waiting for me. "I understand. Have a good day, Hara. I hope you make up with Junhyung."
 
She bids me goodye and closes the door behind her. I take steps forward to Yoseob; now I need to talk with Yoseob.
 
I'm going to move to the new apartment today and I can't leave things unsettled like this. This is just a little misunderstanding yet it can lead to a big trouble.
 
Yoseob turns around when he hears my footsteps. He takes a deep breath when I stop in front of him.
 
"I'm sorry, Oppa, I really am," I apologize to him sincerely. "I drank a liqueur last night but I didn't know that it's an alcohol. Do you think I would drink it if I knew?"
 
I hold his hand with both of my hands gently, "You know that I don't drink. Do you believe me or the rumor?"
 
"You...," Yoseob ruffles my hair and sighs. He pulls me into a hug, "You should have told me if you're going to a night club last night. I should have accompa-"
 
"I'll make you dinner tonight," I mumble. "After all I need you to accompany me for the first night in my new apartment."
 
"Fine," Yoseob pinches my cheeks playfully. "You're going to make me dinner for the whole week. No buts. It's your punishment."
 
I smile and hug him, "As long as you're not mad at me, I'll cook dinner for you every night if I need to."
 
 
[Yonghwa's POV]
 
"It's a misunderstanding. Nothing happened between me and Junhyung."
 
Sora's last tweet makes me feel a little bit better. She has approved me as her follower on Twitter so I can read her tweets now.
 
An official announcement has been published to the public regarding to the picture of Sora and Junhyung together. The representative of CUBE Entertainment stated that Junhyung was trying to help Sora because she was drunk.
 
I sent a text message to Sora but she hasn't replied till this moment. I guess I just need to wait for her to come because she will start to live in her new apartment tonight.
 
Looking through the rumor, I'm sure she is quite troubled now. I hope Yoseob can understand about what happened so nothing bad will happen to their relationship.
 
Somehow I keep telling myself that there is nothing will ever happen between me and Sora. She is a professional photographer and a fiancee of my friend. Falling in love with her is totally forbidden, isn't it?
 
I step in the elevator as I just returned from another filming session. The others have returned to our apartment and they are waiting for me to have dinner together.
 
Right when the door is almost closed, I quickly press the open button because I see a glimpse of familiar figure stops in front of the elevator.
 
"Sora," my lips form into a smile as I greet her. "Did you just arrive?"
 
She nods slightly and enters the elevator to join me. She wears black coat and blue jeans along with boots. Looks like she is not getting along with cold weather.
 
"Are you alone or...?" I press the button to reach my apartment and lean to the wall right next to her.
 
"I just finished schedule with BEAST. Yoseob is on his way here because he had a sudden meeting with the other artists for their upcoming album," she answers with her hands are busy with her phone. "Ah, the battery is down."
 
"So you will start-" right when I'm thinking about having a conversation with her, suddenly the lift stops abruptly and the lights shut down.
 
"What happened?" I can hear Sora's voice in the dark. "Is there a maintenance?"
 
"We're sorry for the inconvenience but the elevator is having a maintenance. We will try to fix things immediately. Please be patient," the staff announces through the speaker.
 
"Well, I think so," I take out my phone to use the light for my sight. Sora is standing at the corner of the elevator, looking at me without any expression. "It happened before when Jungshin and Minhyuk were inside. It took around ten minutes that time."
 
"Well, I think we just need to wait," she shrugs her shoulders calmly. "Ten minutes, right?"
 
"Ne," I step closer to the emergency button and press it, hoping that someone will quickly fix this elevator. I lean back to the wall and realize that my shoulder meet hers.
 
"Have you eaten dinner yet?" I try to break the awkward silence. "We're going to have dinner together in my apartment."
 
"I will have dinner with Yoseob," she answers with her usual monotone. "I promised him because I caused a little bit trouble this morning; thanks to the picture."
 
"Ah, your picture with Junhyung," I spin my phone one time before putting back my phone inside my pocket. "I'm glad the picture has been clarified though."
 
"Ah!" Sora suddenly sounds surprised. I can feel she is moving next to me and I hear she murmurs, "Where is my phone strap?"
 
"What is it?" I take out my phone again to help her to find whatever she is searching for. "Did you lose something?"
 
"Ne, my phone strap. It's a camera cell phone strap," she is trying to find the strap despite the darkness around her. "I'm sure it's still hanging there when I stepped in."
 
I bend on my knees to help her because the only source of light in the elevator is my phone. I see a reflection of my light somewhere and both of us reach our hands to take the small thing.
 
That's when I accidentally grab her hand. She immediately withdraws her hand after taking the phone strap and I do the same.
 
"F-Found it," she stammers and steps back carefully. "T-Thank you."
 
"Sure," I clear my throat awkwardly, feeling that my cheeks are blushing right now. It's nothing, Yonghwa, it's nothing!
 
After seconds of awkward silence, there is a sudden jolt, a sign that the elevator is going to start moving again. But there is no notification so both of us lose our balance because we are not holding on anything.
 
"Uah!" Sora falls forward and I quickly reach out my hand to catch her, preventing her from hitting the floor.
 
"Sora!" I pull her quickly but looks like she doesn't expect me to help her because she is trying to straighten herself without my help. She looks up quickly because of my sudden help and I look down to make sure she is alright.
 
That's why our lips meet unexpectedly.

Photobucket